Thread: Need a second opinion about buying a makarov

Need a second opinion about buying a makarov

Dear fellows, I wanna buy an original makarov for myself, and right now there are three available options in the local market: 1. Baikal 12 shots (used) makarov price:55k
    2. Baikal 8 shots makarov, price:60k
    and the third and last one is vintage Soviet military makarov model 1983 having shiny bore, but blueing is almost gone. Price: 70k

Quote Originally Posted by J.Durrani View Post
    Dear fellows, I wanna buy an original makarov for myself, and right now there are three available options in the local market: 1. Baikal 12 shots (used) makarov price:55k
    and the third and last one is vintage Soviet military makarov model 1983 having shiny bore, but blueing is almost gone. Price: 70k
    Bro if I was in your place I would buy baikal 8 shots new.

Brother why r u like makarov when a 9mm famous every where and my opinion is 9mm
    Better choice or if u realy like only makarov my suggestion is baikal 12 shots
    More ammo more bang bang.

Quote Originally Posted by J.Durrani View Post
    The 12 shot Baikal has a much better grip and obviously you have more rounds. Have one and it's awesome.

Rookie
    Makarov is usually meant for concealed carry purpose with lesser recoil. If you are looking for SD/CC then it can be attained better with 8 shot. Sufficient rounds to face an unforseen incident. JMHO. Best grip and excessive rounds are not necessary for a short distance hits.

Thanks so much for your sincere opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by FA226 View Post
    Bro if I was in your place I would buy baikal 8 shots new.
    Thanx bro..

Quote Originally Posted by sharp steel View Post
    Brother why r u like makarov when a 9mm famous every where and my opinion is 9mm
    Better choice or if u realy like only makarov my suggestion is baikal 12 shots
    More ammo more bang bang.
    Actually, I already have an old model CF-98. And also a ZASTAVA SERBIA M57. So here I want to own another communist weapon, i.e. makarov..

Your valuable comments are appreciated.

Expert Member
    12 rounder lost all the charm of original design. I would request to consider new 8 shot one.

Member Emeritus
    For cc, 8 shot Mak, single stake magazine is better.. Other options are secondary whether it fits your hands & magazine capacity.. I am sure with practice the 8 rounder will also fit your hands.. practice is the main factor whether its 12 shots or 8 shots.

Thanks Aquarius and Ahmed. Btw, I have small hands, so I think 8 shots mak would be much better as far as gripping handguns is concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquarius View Post
    I am sure with practice the 8 rounder will also fit your hands...
    With practice he will only get used to the gun it wont Fit. It's always recommended to get the gun that fits you which you don't need to get accustomed to.
    Communist until you get rich; Feminist until you get married; Atheist until the airplane starts falling.

Quote Originally Posted by shahroze View Post
    With practice he will only get used to the gun it wont Fit. It's always recommended to get the gun that fits you which you don't need to get accustomed to.
    True that. That's the idea.

i own a CZ 999 SCORPION very new, although it fits my hand like glove but while carrying it concealed, I feel uncomfortable. I am also thinking to replace it with MAK............. should i go ahead or not???

Quote Originally Posted by balochistan View Post
    i own a CZ 999 SCORPION very new, although it fits my hand like glove but while carrying it concealed, I feel uncomfortable. I am also thinking to replace it with MAK............. should i go ahead or not???
    Bro., CZ 999 has been proven a stone reliable combat pistol while Makarov serves the purpose of CC and SD/HD.