Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Firing Ranges in Lahore

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by javed354
    What is the name of Range Incharge? Is he Faisal Azad?
    Yes

AOA, Sohail Bhai, who is taking care of this firing range? I mean which section of Army is holder of LRC’s matters/management?
    Do Good Have Good.

Enthusiast
    Was, sir i know why are you asking about the management :) but this is my sincere advice to you that do not indulge in this Safaarish wala scene.
    For example If you succeed to find any source who may get you in to the club without any membership/monthly fee then still you will not enjoy the peace of mind which a regular LRC member enjoys.

The memberships are open. Try to get the membership by clearing out all there procedures but if you still wants to check your sources that how reliable they are then this Rifle Club cames under the supervision of NRA and i dont know who in Army is handling this.

Sohail Bhai, You are absolutely right, I am not interested to get the membership without paying money but I am just looking forward to pay the amount which I can easily manage. I will try to get the discount in membership registration but can pay monthly charges without having any favor.
    Do Good Have Good.

Sohail Bhai, What is NRA?
    Do Good Have Good.

PakGuns Photographer Moderator! Naveed_pk's Avatar
    Javed bhai .. NRA stands for National Rifle Association
    "It's better to have firearm and not need it than to need one and not have it."

Thank you Naveed Bhai.:)
    Do Good Have Good.

PakGuns Photographer Moderator! Naveed_pk's Avatar
    Welcome bro :)
    "It's better to have firearm and not need it than to need one and not have it."

AoA All,

I want to ask is there any range other than Lahore Rifle Club...as one of my friend told me that the criteria for membership is now very tough and they are charging now almost double...
    I am now sick of with firing at unseen targets (aerial firing) :( could anyone plz help me specially Naveed bhai as u already helped me, in buying my gun...
    “Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas.”
    “Why is it that, as a culture, we are more comfortable seeing two men holding guns than holding hands?”

Enthusiast
    Bro G_C, i think this is the only shooting range in lahore which is available for civilian use. Membership procedures are not tough. These procedures are just time taking nothing else. Regarding charges, YES they have doubled there charges but thats for one time which is 25k.

Quote Originally Posted by Sohail Waheed
    Bro G_C, i think this is the only shooting range in lahore which is available for civilian use. Membership procedures are not tough. These procedures are just time taking nothing else. Regarding charges, YES they have doubled there charges but thats for one time which is 25k.
    Dear I think 25K is an amount...(at least for me)... and instead of spending this much amount on just registration I definitely prefer to continue my current practice... (unseen targets) ...

BTW i do have idea that I've an expensive hobby (Guns), but unable to stop myself :|

thnx for the Info bro...
    “Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas.”
    “Why is it that, as a culture, we are more comfortable seeing two men holding guns than holding hands?”

Dear Abbas,

Pls can u double check that shami road shooting range is still open and offering membership??

I really want to join some shooting club. pls help.

Rgds
    It is always man behind the machine

@All... What is the monthly cost ?

Blog Entries
    Salams yes it is, the contact details of the range master can be found on the first page of this thread.

It sad to see we only have two firing ranges in the whole Lahore. The Shami road range (for .22 and pistol shotting only). The other is in Garrison Club for Skeet/trap shoot (no rifle/pistol shoot here. Just shotguns for skeet/trap).

There not a single private recreational target shooting club in Lahore. Which is a pity considering we have otherwise pretty decent recreational cllubs like Defence clubs, Golden Palm and the new and upcoming Defence Raya club. None has even any plans of considerng target shooting as a sport.

The range at Shami Road is pretty basic. Standard army construction and very basic in outlook and facilities. Not much of a shooting club really.

I wish there was at least one decent shooting range in Lahore.

:/
    Incoming fire has the right of way !!!!

I am happy to inform my dear fellow members that I have got membership at Lahore Rifle Club...Got the card today :-) I am very busy these days and will inshallah visit the range for first time after two weeks. My NIB Taurus Pt-92 is still in box and waiting to be tested ;-) I would never do ariel firing, so what I do these days is to field strip the gun and put it back after every few days...Lolz :-)

Skeet Range in Garrison club Lahore

Guys,
    The Skeet n Trap range of Garrison club is rumored to be dysfunctional since last year. I also heard that initially they were planning to relocate the club to Burki but then cancelled the whole idea.

This effectively means that there is no skeet and trap shooting club in or around Lahore now

Does anyone have any info to the contraory?
    Incoming fire has the right of way !!!!

I would second your info here, rather confirm it (@ Reincarnated) the golf club skeet range is not functional and if you wanna shoot some skeets than the only option (that i know of in Lahore) is to get a skeet machine and find a private owned land and do your thing there...

I always prefer a rural area! its easy on my nerves and we can shoot all day knowing that i am not disturbing anyone, like my friends farm house on raiwind road, and some self made targets as a shooting range. Lahore cantt have many ranges but almost all of them are strictly non-civilian...or unless you know someone who can manage the pleasure for u...
    Weapons are like money ; No one knows the meaning of enough

what happened to Government college rifle club?? my father was its member back in 50's-60's.
    "I'll give you my gun when you pry it from my cold, dead hands!"