Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Firing Ranges in Lahore

Blog Entries
    Salams, There are other threads dedicated to firing ranges in Islamabad/Pindi and for Karachi but none for Lahore. I thought since no other member has yet chipped in I would contribute my two cents.

There are two firing ranges in Lahore that I know of, one is called the Lahore Rifle Club. It is located on Shami Road in Cantt, just before the Battle Axe Shell petrol station. The range is for small arms only and is a no frills sort of affair. There are about 40 lanes, targets are free and get changed on request. 25 M as well as 50 M targets are available. The only facility on offer is ear protectors and you need them at that range as the sound really echo's there. I like it, it's a nice clean range. Membership fee is Rs. 24,000 and Rs. 1,000 / month.

The name of the range master is Faisal Azad and his contact number is 0321-9422297.

The other range that I know of is located at the Garrison Golf Club near the new airport. It is for .12 gauge and for skeet shooting only. I don't know many details about it yet. (On last update, it has been closed)

Btw both ranges are Saturday and Sunday only.

sounds good. Sunday is an added incentive :)
    ... and then there was light !!

Abbas, i remember you mentioning that range at Shami road is closed. Are we talking about the same range ? cuz if i remember correctly Balzy was saying its annual charges are 5k.
    ... and then there was light !!

Blog Entries
    Yep it's the same range. The range is now reopened and the charges have been increased to 11 K.

The name is different though, I think the other one was called Target Shooters or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Abbas
    Yep it's the same range. The range is now reopened and the charges have been increased to 11 K.

The name is different though, I think the other one was called Target Shooters or something.

Abbas next time u in khi we are going to the Karachi range.I hope you are up for it
    \"If you and i agree on everything than one of us is not required\"

Enthusiast
    @Abbas,Is their any difficulty while getting membership? or just simply submit the membership form with fee and you will get the membership.
    Also mention their office operating days and hours

Blog Entries
    There is no difficulty. All you need is a member to refer you and that is no problem since I can do it for you.

Range is only open Saturdays and Sunday from 9 am to 6 pm. Make sure you tell how you got to know about the range.

Enthusiast
    that would be a great favour from you if you refer me for membership.
    I have a plan to visit the range on this saturday.Could you please patch a time with me at range so that we may start the membership procedure.

PakGun members should all get the Lahore range membership....in this way they could form a united body and raise their voices and could take more new members as guests.
    A Good friend & Gun ALWAYS helps you in Need !

Blog Entries
    Sure Waheed, I usually come around 3. Bring your original NIC, two pictures and a copy of your NIC. You will need to deposit your original NIC at the gate. The copy a two pictures will be needed for application. You can also bring your weapons along with licenses and use the range on Saturday as my guest.

Enthusiast
    @Abbas, do i have to deposit the membership fee tomorrow along with these documents or this membership fee will deposit somewhere in bank?

Blog Entries
    Just hand the money over to the range master.

Enthusiast
    Thanks for guidelines abbas. This information will also help other pakgunners for membership at range.

is thier any shooting range in karachi???how can i get its membership??

Blog Entries
    Dear Buttsahab, welcome to PakGuns.

Please search the forum for information before posting a question, we now have quite a repository of information. Most answers are already available.

For Karachi ranges see this thread.

http://www.pakguns.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=14

@Abbas . . . Thanks for the detailed information. but can guests will accompany members right ? on per visit basis like in Karachi's Range ?

Enthusiast
    Yes, they can.

The targets are no longer free. I think they charge 5 or 10 rupees per paper target now and 2 rupees per thoothi. Its 300 Rupees for a pack of 100 Air pistol targets for use at the air pistol range. Due to the recent security situation in Pakistan, security measures have been heightened. All members were issued new Range ID cards recently and complete background checks were conducted by Military Intelligence officials who visited members house to verify and collect information.
    \"The muzzle end of a .45 pretty much says, \"Go Away\" in every language.\"
    \"Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety.\"
    \"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it.\" -Jeff Cooper
    \"In God we trust. Everyone else, keep your hands where I can see them.\"

Enthusiast
    They havent charge any thing yet for targets and thootis as per last saturday.

Sometimes they don't charge if they are supplying old patched up targets. I'm assuming that when you got there the thootis were already up i.e. you did not ask for them to be hung. Also keep in mind that the Range Incharge may bill you at the end of the month for the number of targets used by you. Some members have paid a few hundred rupees in advance to cover costs. When the amount paid runs out they shall be asked to deposit more. That said, its a good thing if they are not charging. What with the current prices of ammo and all, the less our range costs are the better. :)
    \"The muzzle end of a .45 pretty much says, \"Go Away\" in every language.\"
    \"Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety.\"
    \"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it.\" -Jeff Cooper
    \"In God we trust. Everyone else, keep your hands where I can see them.\"