Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: DSA TRUSHOT: Range Review & Report

DSA TRUSHOT: Range Review & Report

DSA TRUSHOT: Range review & Report

[img][/img]

TRUSHOT is the latest addition to the list of firearms produced by DAUDSONS Armory. TRUSHOT appears to be robustly made gun with good performance. Being inflicted with the motto of “ Be Pakistani, Buy Pakistani” mentality, I believe I was one of the few people who laid his hands on the first production model of the handgun keeping in view the quality and workmanship of previous products of DSA that I have used. It was a risk worth taking.

Basic Specs:

Model: DSA Trushot
    Manufacturer: Daudsons Armory
    Calibre: 9x19mm
    Total Length: 190mm
    Barrel Length: 102mm
    Weight :900gms
    Capacity:
    Slide: Forged Steel
    Frame: Aircraft grade Aluminum Alloy
    Sights: Three dot sight
    Frame Finish: DSA Scratch less coating
    Slide Finish: Phosphate Coated

[img][/img]

Packing:
    TRUSHOT comes in a plastic pistol case which includes the pistol and two magazines. There is no cleaning rod or user manual as available with any other known brand in the marker. Packing is adequate at least better than most of Russian and Serbian brands that comes in card board box.

[img][/img]

Finishing & Looks:

Seeing the TRUSHOT one would immediately think of SIG P226 platform design. Although there are many changes aesthetically but the inner design/operation and assembly/disassembly resembles the SIG platform. The gun looks solidly built with smooth edges and tooling marks. The outer finishing is good if not better than many Chinese handguns sold in the market especially the scratch less coating which till now has sustained the day to day CC abuse of my daily routine.

Slide and Frame:

TRUSHOT slide is made of forged steel and is solidly built with phosphate finish. The frame is made of Aircraft grade Aluminum Alloy. The slide and frame both seems to be solidly built. Slide to frame fitting of the gun is very good with some little loose tolerance which is usual and normal in all military grade handguns to enhance durability and reliability under adverse conditions. The firing mechanism of the gun is also crude in sense of reliability and the firing pin strikes are deep and well centered. The TRUSHOT has a safety switch which disengages the trigger mechanism form the hammer. There is no de-cocking lever in the handgun although it is a DA/SA handgun.

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

Barrel:
    The barrel is made of chrome molybdenum 4140 steel. The quality and rifling of the barrel is distinct and uniform. It has an enlarged feed ramp, much similar in design to SIG and NP22 models, facilitating the use of all type of FMJ’s and JHP’s ammo.

[img][/img]

Trigger:
    Few of the things that I was not impressed at all starts with the trigger. The trigger pull is somewhat or should I say exuberantly heavy in DA mode and a very large play in SA mode. One literally has to wait for the trigger to engage the hammer because of the play and this at times ruins the shot and grouping at the target. Even NP22’s trigger is more crisp and tighter than TRUSHOT’s. In trigger department DSA need to bring improvement or at least modify my trigger to help me achieve better groups :-D

Recoil:
    Owing to the large and heavy size, the gun had a very low and controlled recoil and I had no problem in firing +P NATO and POF2Z rounds on my pistol as the recoil was manageable owing to the weight of the gun.

Sights:

TRUSHOT has a three dot sights. Although it seems fine to me and the target acquisition is easy but for TRUSHOT to compete with other handguns in its league, it needs to improve sights. As far as my opinion is concerned I am OK with it.

Range review

I was desperately waiting for testing this baby out on the range. As said earlier, a mix of ammo was loaded to check the reliability of the weapon along with the accuracy. At 10 meters i was scoring tight groups with along with few bulls. The shots at the lower left were before the alignment of sights. The pistol was hitting left below but after sight adjustment the gun was right on target. the small 8's in the target were due to slight trigger play but after getting used to it the gun was hitting bulls. The gun is quite accurate considering the 4inch barrel.

[img][/img]

Reliability:

One thing that took me by surprise was the reliability. In the range session, I managed to fire 75 rounds in one sitting which was a mix of POF2Z, NATO WCC, Chinese Redbox and local custom made rounds. There wasn’t a single FTE or FTF encountered which is a testament of TRUSHOT’s reliability. Even in quick draw and rapid firing session, the gun worked without a hiccup masha ALLAH. Further interesting fact was that I was able to hold the barrel immediately after the firing session with almost no sign of heating (held it with my bare hands!!!) This speaks of the metallurgy of the barrel and material used.(DSA try maintaining this standard and trust of the customer as it is a common dilemma with our manufacturers and industries that when the production model sales quadruples, they start compromising on quality…… keep up the good work and make us proud of Quality Pakistani Products :-D)
    Bullets change government far sure than votes

Member Extraordinaire
    great addition in 9mm,thanks for sharing,

Good review sir

Thank u Dr Hanif and doc pistol. It was a pending review that needed to be done :-) no doubt the gun is bang for the bucks but as i mentioned, the trigger needs serious make over. I mean with that amount of play maintaining a firm stance and aim on the target becomes jittery. I hope the DSA guys read out the review to further bring improvements in the trigger system

Good review Bro but an important aspect is missing here, i.e pricing
    Two most important days in your life:
    The day you were BORN & The day you find out WHY

fezan brother u r right....... i missed that part. I bought it last summer for 28k. now its priced around 34k. for it to compete with other guns in the same category, DSA must keep its price low in order to attract people other wise they will resort to chinese handguns if there is not much price differentiation between the two. U know the mentality of the people "Ghar ki murghi daal barabar"

Member Emeritus Enigmatic Desires's Avatar
    Thanks for the comprehensive review Sir. At 28k its outrightly the best option in the under 30k market. But at 34k for the ultra tight budget buyer. It will be competing with slightly used CF 98. And the CF platform is the standard side arm platform of the chinese army. With a decocker and manual safety and loaded chamber indicator and lightweight polymer frame.
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

I wud Completely agree with ED bro. I got CF 98 NIB at 41K only. with only 7K difference I guess most people will go for the trusted gun used every where in the world. But on other hand at 28K trushot is a reasonable option.
    Keeping Weapon is a Sunnah. So my habit cannot be wrong.
    "Armed and Responsible."

Is it a good buy in 30k????

Dear Mohammad Sb

A.A.

Mashallah that is a very impressive and professional review. Another valuable source of inspiration to keep striving hard for building a reliable and dependable "Made in Pakistan" product line.

kindly keep an eye on our blog
    https://www.facebook.com/daudsonspk

where we update recent photos and developments.

Thank you,

Sincerely

DSA

Quote Originally Posted by Mohammad View Post
    DSA TRUSHOT: Range review & Report

[img][/img]

TRUSHOT is the latest addition to the list of firearms produced by DAUDSONS Armory. TRUSHOT appears to be robustly made gun with good performance. Being inflicted with the motto of “ Be Pakistani, Buy Pakistani” mentality, I believe I was one of the few people who laid his hands on the first production model of the handgun keeping in view the quality and workmanship of previous products of DSA that I have used. It was a risk worth taking.

Basic Specs:

Model: DSA Trushot
    Manufacturer: Daudsons Armory
    Calibre: 9x19mm
    Total Length: 190mm
    Barrel Length: 102mm
    Weight :900gms
    Capacity:
    Slide: Forged Steel
    Frame: Aircraft grade Aluminum Alloy
    Sights: Three dot sight
    Frame Finish: DSA Scratch less coating
    Slide Finish: Phosphate Coated

[img][/img]

Packing:
    TRUSHOT comes in a plastic pistol case which includes the pistol and two magazines. There is no cleaning rod or user manual as available with any other known brand in the marker. Packing is adequate at least better than most of Russian and Serbian brands that comes in card board box.

[img][/img]

Finishing & Looks:

Seeing the TRUSHOT one would immediately think of SIG P226 platform design. Although there are many changes aesthetically but the inner design/operation and assembly/disassembly resembles the SIG platform. The gun looks solidly built with smooth edges and tooling marks. The outer finishing is good if not better than many Chinese handguns sold in the market especially the scratch less coating which till now has sustained the day to day CC abuse of my daily routine.

Slide and Frame:

TRUSHOT slide is made of forged steel and is solidly built with phosphate finish. The frame is made of Aircraft grade Aluminum Alloy. The slide and frame both seems to be solidly built. Slide to frame fitting of the gun is very good with some little loose tolerance which is usual and normal in all military grade handguns to enhance durability and reliability under adverse conditions. The firing mechanism of the gun is also crude in sense of reliability and the firing pin strikes are deep and well centered. The TRUSHOT has a safety switch which disengages the trigger mechanism form the hammer. There is no de-cocking lever in the handgun although it is a DA/SA handgun.

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

Barrel:
    The barrel is made of chrome molybdenum 4140 steel. The quality and rifling of the barrel is distinct and uniform. It has an enlarged feed ramp, much similar in design to SIG and NP22 models, facilitating the use of all type of FMJ’s and JHP’s ammo.

[img][/img]

Trigger:
    Few of the things that I was not impressed at all starts with the trigger. The trigger pull is somewhat or should I say exuberantly heavy in DA mode and a very large play in SA mode. One literally has to wait for the trigger to engage the hammer because of the play and this at times ruins the shot and grouping at the target. Even NP22’s trigger is more crisp and tighter than TRUSHOT’s. In trigger department DSA need to bring improvement or at least modify my trigger to help me achieve better groups :-D

Recoil:
    Owing to the large and heavy size, the gun had a very low and controlled recoil and I had no problem in firing +P NATO and POF2Z rounds on my pistol as the recoil was manageable owing to the weight of the gun.

Sights:

TRUSHOT has a three dot sights. Although it seems fine to me and the target acquisition is easy but for TRUSHOT to compete with other handguns in its league, it needs to improve sights. As far as my opinion is concerned I am OK with it.

Range review

I was desperately waiting for testing this baby out on the range. As said earlier, a mix of ammo was loaded to check the reliability of the weapon along with the accuracy. At 10 meters i was scoring tight groups with along with few bulls. The shots at the lower left were before the alignment of sights. The pistol was hitting left below but after sight adjustment the gun was right on target. the small 8's in the target were due to slight trigger play but after getting used to it the gun was hitting bulls. The gun is quite accurate considering the 4inch barrel.

[img][/img]

Reliability:

One thing that took me by surprise was the reliability. In the range session, I managed to fire 75 rounds in one sitting which was a mix of POF2Z, NATO WCC, Chinese Redbox and local custom made rounds. There wasn’t a single FTE or FTF encountered which is a testament of TRUSHOT’s reliability. Even in quick draw and rapid firing session, the gun worked without a hiccup masha ALLAH. Further interesting fact was that I was able to hold the barrel immediately after the firing session with almost no sign of heating (held it with my bare hands!!!) This speaks of the metallurgy of the barrel and material used.(DSA try maintaining this standard and trust of the customer as it is a common dilemma with our manufacturers and industries that when the production model sales quadruples, they start compromising on quality…… keep up the good work and make us proud of Quality Pakistani Products :-D)
    Proud Manufacturers of Quality Hunting, Sporting and Security Firearms since 1954 - info[at] daudsons[dot]com [dot]pk - www.facebook.com/daudsonspk

Thanks DSA

I believe if our local industry gives us a product at par with the international brands, we should move forward to accept and built trust in it to support our local industry.

The behavr of daudsons staff and owner is very much bad... as i visited 2months before..

Dear Sir,

Apologies to hear you had a bad experience. Please email at sales@daudsons.com.pk us the details of your visit, what was it regarding, who are the people you met and what happened exactly?

Daudsons has been in business for over 60 years at its present location and we go out of our way to ensure customer satisfaction and be as humble and polite as possible.

Thank you,

Sincerely

DSA

Quote Originally Posted by naughtykiller View Post
    The behavr of daudsons staff and owner is very much bad... as i visited 2months before..
    Proud Manufacturers of Quality Hunting, Sporting and Security Firearms since 1954 - info[at] daudsons[dot]com [dot]pk - www.facebook.com/daudsonspk

Quote Originally Posted by naughtykiller View Post
    Now this is a strange remark, I have been visiting the DSA factory and their pindi outlet for over a year and a half. The reason i am still making my purchases is their courteous behaviour and professionalism. Are you sure it was DSA itself and not some dealer who has their products?
    Before you embark on a journey of Revenge, dig two graves - Confucius (504 BC)
    102nd Chairborne Rangers, Special Forums Operator Delta, The Keyboard Commandos

and ever since i started going to their pindi outlet I have not gone anywhere else

I did email daudsons a while back, it the asking price for the pistol is 35k from the wah outlet.
    I wonder, guys, how it would compare with the pof pk-9 in the same price range. somebody should do a comparison

Quote Originally Posted by czman View Post
    I did email daudsons a while back, it the asking price for the pistol is 35k from the wah outlet.
    I wonder, guys, how it would compare with the pof pk-9 in the same price range. somebody should do a comparison
    I have not used the PK-9 but more members have purchased the DSA Trushot as compared to the PK-9. Only soldier brother purchased the PK9 and reviewed it, no other reviews or news about it. I have however used the Trushot and it is a good value for money.

All respected members have a look at what i found on a Russian website
    https://topwar.ru/97192-pakistanskiy...a-trushot.html

Quote Originally Posted by Shahzaman Abbasi View Post
    All respected members have a look at what i found on a Russian website
    https://topwar.ru/97192-pakistanskiy...a-trushot.html
    good share....
    Keep Calm & Carry One

Member Extraordinaire ajmal virk's Avatar
    Can anyone translate as it is in Russian Language