Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Beeman P-17 Airpistol

Quote Originally Posted by adam View Post
    Mohdxx brother, with these FPS specs, perhaps most of the people would still like .22 (5.5 mm), But, I would go for .177, because of a relatively flatter trajectory, inspite of the fact that variety of pellets available in .177 is even less than that in .22.

Recently, I got a shadow in .177. It was good but I absolutely disliked the annoying TWANG and BUZZ of spring at the end of every shot. So I opened it up and with some considerable hard work, I placed a spare gas ram of my old GS750 in it. It worked and interestingly, no vibration, torque, twang, nothing, very mild recoil, and real fun to shoot with pellet after pellet in the same hole.

(I did not liked the construction quality of Gamo Btw, even breech block, holding the barrel is plastic.)
    wow good job replacing the spring but the GS750 piston delivers 750fps as per manufacturer claim .. thats a considerable drop from 1000 fps shadows spring? m i right?
    and YES that breech block is the reason i dont buy shadow , its very vulnerable

so suppose both B10 calibers have same exact fps of 500, which would travel farthest and accurately?
    Last edited by mohdxx; 07-02-2015 at 08:21 PM.

Your question first, heavier pellets claim more accuracy, so provided all other factors constant, .22 is the winner.

Still shadow has got some usable power, but that change in firing behavior is great.
    "Peace is that glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading."

Quote Originally Posted by adam View Post
    Your question first, heavier pellets claim more accuracy, so provided all other factors constant, .22 is the winner.

Still shadow has got some usable power, but that change in firing behavior is great.
    so currently for accuracy and farthest reach .22(500) or .177(600) which one is better and case closed

500 fps is a tad low, you may be disappointed. A .22 in air guns, between 600 to 750 fps can be very good for accuracy. In current specs, .177 (600 fps) is better choice.
    Last edited by adam; 08-02-2015 at 10:14 PM.
    "Peace is that glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading."

Quote Originally Posted by mohdxx View Post
    called him myself prices r high and delivery is the same as Arsalan with Asia Cargo..
    GS1250 in .22 as per the manufacturer claims 1000 fps .. but i calculated with 850 fps with 15.43 grain Gamo promag pellets and the result is 24.76 ft/lbs .. thats some POWER !!

i myself will buy a B10 .177 (600fps) for plinking only and might try some experiments with it like oiling the pellet to shoot faster lol
    You seem to be saying that you have personally owned a gs1250.
    After that power figure its definitely on my buy list, just would like to ask the build of it...is it similar to the b 10/ b11?
    I visited some gun shops a while ago and held the b 11....whoo boy i was impressed with the build! especially the...thick/plump nature of the wood on the stock around the powerplant.
    Also, id like to ask about the most suitable set of optics for it. Ill be making on average 30-80m shots with it, and i want a piece that holds up to the kick , provides ample zoom and is not too expensive. my total budget is 9-10k for rifle, 1.5k for optic grips , 500 rs for a sling ( i dont think you can put a springer on bipods... i think this is how everyone with springers do those insane long shots. ( if you can...well then 2k for bipod + sling ) ) and finally throw in about 3-5 k more for optics.

GS 1250 has lots of power, me too own one and at longer ranges, its pellet drop was much less than many others I have.

Best thing about it is its shot cycle, like a real fire arm, no springy feeling.

Bad thing is its trigger, little gritty, bit hard, quite long pull, but no worse than gamo.

And build quality, hold one in your hands and you can't go home without it.

no i dont own one but always deduct 5 -15 % of the claimed fps from any airgun cauz normally the manufacturers use lightest pellet to give higher Fps.
    Adam had owned 750 and now 1250. Hes already in love with it lol
    about the optics and rail, well Adam can guide u to it.
    and the website mentions both B11 and 1250 weighs the same but some fellas say 1250 is lighter..

searching QB57 deluxe air riffle any body know about it's availability??????????????????? it's from shangai airgun factory

Name:  1.jpg
Views: 1092
Size:  48.8 KB

compare this airpistol with spa s3 from snow peak air gun factory pistol, this pic is Norinco airpistol and just marking difference between in those and also price difference ,on this pistol left side marked Norinco Hasnain, and right side Made in china on his tube, no any type marking on spa s3 ,i think both pistols made in one factory and same models spa s3 sale out on snow peak factory behalf and second one marketed by norinco one is available in 2.5K and other one in 5 k.

Where did you get it?

Member Emeritus Enigmatic Desires's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammad jutt View Post
    Name:  1.jpg
Views: 1092
Size:  48.8 KB

compare this airpistol with spa s3 from snow peak air gun factory pistol, this pic is Norinco airpistol and just marking difference between in those and also price difference ,on this pistol left side marked Norinco Hasnain, and right side Made in china on his tube, no any type marking on spa s3 ,i think both pistols made in one factory and same models spa s3 sale out on snow peak factory behalf and second one marketed by norinco one is available in 2.5K and other one in 5 k.
    I have the same one. Bought it for 2.5k slightly used. But my piece was not accurate at all.
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatic Desires View Post
    I have the same one. Bought it for 2.5k slightly used. But my piece was not accurate at all.
    With airguns and air pistols you often have to get multiple types of pellets from multiple brands and confirm which pellet style(shape), weight and size sits best with it. It may shoot bad with most but accurately with one or two. Being an experienced shooter you may have done it. Did you try quality domed and wad cutter style target pellets from JSB, H&N and Crossman?

I took her out to the range. But my mood got spoilt when i actually 'saw' the pallets making their slow meandering way to the target. And since it was breezy I could see the wind pushing em well away from the bull.
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

I took her out to the range. But my mood got spoilt when i actually 'saw' the pallets making their slow meandering way to the target. And since it was breezy I could see the wind pushing em well away from the bull.
    HAHA yup. I get around this by using Air pistols as strictly indoor firearms. Lots of fun sitting with someone one a sofa to compete by shooting stuff on the other side of a large room/Gallery.

Quote Originally Posted by H Panni View Post
    HAHA yup. I get around this by using Air pistols as strictly indoor firearms. Lots of fun sitting with someone one a sofa to compete by shooting stuff on the other side of a large room/Gallery.
    Interestinggggg. What do you use as a backstop for the few pellets that actually take decent flight?
    Last edited by pappoo; 14-03-2019 at 05:15 PM.
    Live Fast, Die Young and leave behind a good-looking corpse....

Quote Originally Posted by pappoo View Post
    Interestinggggg. What do you use as a backstop for the few pellets that actually take decent flight?
    Well.. One fine day we went to hte used utansils market at Kemari and got lots of Sauce pans. Fellow member Deathrow sears by em. they cna take a lot of abuse. However, the pellets do recochet so you have to be careful.

Well.. One fine day we went to hte used utansils market at Kemari and got lots of Sauce pans. Fellow member Deathrow sears by em. they cna take a lot of abuse. However, the pellets do recochet so you have to be careful.
    Bartans and other Metallic Sauce Pans will generate a lot of recochet. My mother and wife will impale me if any of those deflected pellets scar the furniture or God Forbid lodge into the wall.

I was thinking of something along the lines of a cushioned/foamed receptacle/box to catch the pellets that make it through the target.

Quote Originally Posted by pappoo View Post
    You may not believe me but I use nothing. I just made sure the material mix when plastering the walls was very high strength. This together with high quality washable paint results in hardly any marks on wall when shooting slow pellets and just a little dent only as deep as paint with fast pellets. If any unlucky creepy crawly turns up inside my house i shoot it with my airgun and simply clean the mess with disposable napkins. The main shooting wall in basement becomes new with just a couple of coats of paint every few years.
    Regarding ricochets, wear shooting glasses. They do not cause injury to the skin since the pellets flatten after hitting wall..

All this is possible because no one visits that part of the house and it is a designated shooting space. Any way I do not recommend this to you. There are too many backstop ideas on airgun forums like airgun nation, gateway to airguns and airgun warriors. wood blocks are good back stops because they catch the pellets inside and are available everywhere.

While shooting an air pistol indoors. I use thermopore.

Quote Originally Posted by H Panni View Post
    You may not believe me but I use nothing.
    All this is possible because no one visits that part of the house and it is a designated shooting space. Any way I do not recommend this to you. There are too many backstop ideas on airgun forums like airgun nation, gateway to airguns and airgun warriors. wood blocks are good back stops because they catch the pellets inside and are available everywhere.
    Ahhh that does explain a lot. I dont have that luxury. Our basement is the hobby room which is very frequently visited by everyone, especially the two ladies who will skin me alive if they find pellets lodged in the wall.

Looks like I will have to stick to the garage, garden, terraces and verandas after all.