Page 3 of 87 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Computerisation / Revalidation of Punjab Arms licenses

Member Extraordinaire ajmal virk's Avatar
    Was your licence issued by DCO Multan??

@ ajmal bhai yes DCO MULTAN.

if they are taking finger prints then an agent can not do it for you and bye the way how he checked your NTN number? from system or you presented him any document.

MY 2nd liesence was from DGKHAN they asked that it will be processed by dera ghazi khan nadra office although on that book my permanent adress was same as multan booklet.

none of NADRA offices in Lahore is doing anything right now.

Quote Originally Posted by ajmal virk View Post
    if they are taking finger prints then an agent can not do it for you and bye the way how he checked your NTN number? from system or you presented him any document.
    they do not see document for NTN.They were asking that NTN was necessary for the issuance.

Lord of War
    Quote Originally Posted by Rana Naeem Ahmad View Post
    one more thing 1400 is only verification fee u will pay extra money for renewal after verification.option is available from 1-5 year for renewal.
    What about those who have it renewed it for next 3 years, why are we going to Pay again

I had talked to one of my friends at NADRA, according to him They are working on a passport type and not card type Licence. The design is not yet ready. But will be in a couple of days. Those of us who had got recent licences will again be required to validate their licences.
    Keeping Weapon is a Sunnah. So my habit cannot be wrong.
    "Armed and Responsible."

@Afzal, Does that mean the passport type issued in 2014 can turn out to be fake as well? How can they be fake when you have to be present in the dco office for picture? They can't do anything straight can they?
    Well mine is verified by the Dco i have kept its separate copy, they standard ones just have the sign and stamp of issued by dco..
    And the add posted is totally misleading then as it shows a card license not a book/passport.
    Communist until you get rich; Feminist until you get married; Atheist until the airplane starts falling.

Expert Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rana Naeem Ahmad View Post
    dear ajmal bhai first of all before taking token .they person which deals with arms liesence check ur liesence i.e district,expiry dates of token paid,seals of dco office,ntn number.when he ok u than u go for system operator for token.to obtain token he will see ur id card & arms liesence and starting entering ur biodata with ubl omni voucher .when he completes the enteries than he issued u a token.than pictures and fingerprints.entering weapon detail on system.than they print out an application with ur biodata &weapon detail.u will sign that documents that particulars are right.after that they will scan ur booklet liesence & mailed to dco office plus home department.after that mail they will take ur old liesence & give u a authority letter to keep ur weapon with u .valid for 3 months.on last moment they were telling that on sms u will attain ur liesence status.

Brother, did you renew your license this year?
    Asking because I didn't do it this year and it was till 31-12-14. I am waiting for this new dram to unfold..
    so do we need to renew it for this year before applying to Nadra? Any news?
    Islam began as something strange & will revert to being strange as it began, so give glad tidings to the strangers. (Muslim)

Expert Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ballixd View Post
    What about those who have it renewed it for next 3 years, why are we going to Pay again
    Ballixed brother, you are right.. and I suggest you take some more fellows and ask your childhood friend to file a writ petition for this. Atleast, court can direct that your licenses be renewed uptill the year you already paid for. IMO.
    I am a humble student of law and this is my opinion, seniors may guide you better.
    Islam began as something strange & will revert to being strange as it began, so give glad tidings to the strangers. (Muslim)

@1Stranger, I have heard there is a petition in high court on converting the computerized booklets into cards as they already are computerized can you confirm this? I have heard the decision will be announced on 2Feb.
    Communist until you get rich; Feminist until you get married; Atheist until the airplane starts falling.

Expert Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Afzal View Post
    I had talked to one of my friends at NADRA, according to him They are working on a passport type and not card type Licence. The design is not yet ready. But will be in a couple of days. Those of us who had got recent licences will again be required to validate their licences.
    Design is not finalised yet.... are you sure your friend knows the real details... because if this is true that even design is not yet finalised then I fear this is not going to be a smooth process... government has published the add with the pic of so called new 'computerised' license, bit your nees is that design is to be finalised yet... strange...!

Brother, kindly update us when you get something latest on the subject. Thanks

Expert Member
    Quote Originally Posted by shahroze View Post
    @1Stranger, I have heard there is a petition in high court on converting the computerized booklets into cards as they already are computerized can you confirm this? I have heard the decision will be announced on 2Feb.
    Brother, do you know or your source know who is hearing this? By the info you gave me its difficult to confirm this.

Edit: or can you tell me date of hearing or advocate' name? Any clue....??

Where this nonsense is going to lead us will be clear in few weeks.None of us from have tried this so called good step by Punjab Hakoomat

Quote Originally Posted by shahroze View Post
    @Afzal, Does that mean the passport type issued in 2014 can turn out to be fake as well? How can they be fake when you have to be present in the dco office for picture? They can't do anything straight can they?
    Well mine is verified by the Dco i have kept its separate copy, they standard ones just have the sign and stamp of issued by dco..
    And the add posted is totally misleading then as it shows a card license not a book/passport.
    1) Validation is the mean by which ur record will be updated, maintained at NADRA. Computerized Record will be easy to transfer but still I guess we have to pay for the record transfer. So I see no way we can escape 1400 Rs
    2) I thought people will be happy to know that we r having passport and not ID card style licences. since passport style gives freedom to move between different bores, and easier to change weapons. The response is almost terrifying and is in opposite directions.
    3) The Department that issues/approves Ads (printed via private advertising companies) and the department which is incharge of issuing licences have miles between them in communication, so no big deal.
    "Armed and Responsible."

Quote Originally Posted by 1stranger View Post
    Design is not finalised yet.... are you sure your friend knows the real details... because if this is true that even design is not yet finalised then I fear this is not going to be a smooth process... government has published the add with the pic of so called new 'computerised' license, bit your nees is that design is to be finalised yet... strange...!

Brother, kindly update us when you get something latest on the subject. Thanks
    1Stranger Bro. The basic concept is to take DATA from DCO office and place it in custody of NADRA. This process is going for more than a year or so and the basic hurdle was FAKE LICENCES. So now they have evolved a way out, all licences will be presented before NADRA and from than on they will also be the printing authority. They use way a) Card or they use way b) Passport is immaterial. And a day or two to ponder is no big deal. If they arrive on passport style which I am being told I feel it would be more user friendly. So bro no need to panic.
    "Armed and Responsible."

Okay... but I can't understand two things.
    1: Do they think NADRA is more competent than DC office, If they do I am sorry they are sadly mistaken. Sometimes the good people at Nadra don't know themselves what they are doing.
    2: How can there be fake license when they take your photo in DC office and you have to submit the form there and also police verification?

@1Stranger, If I knew the details would have found out by now. 3 days back I was sitting with a friend and his relative told me this. I just called my friend and he says the person has gone to his village where there are no or very less mobile signals...

@Afzal, People I know are very very happy having the passport license.
    Have you seen the MOI license issued by nadra and what horrid fate did they face? I don't know who suggested handing it over to nadra but he must be a smart arse too smart.
    The only problem is the gap between the kings living in palaces and the common man they think passing too many laws and complicating things is a sign of good governance but in fact its a sign of hopelessness they don't Sh** about governing and legislation.

a new discussion is started my sweet brothers first go through this procedure and find for others also what is actually this