Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: POF 4 Pistol 9x19mm

POF 4 Pistol 9x19mm

POF introduces POF 4 Pistol 9x19mm
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by skywalker233; 28-11-2014 at 01:10 PM.
    "One eye man a king in blind man country"
    No matter how bad your situation seems, there is always another for whom things are worse.

I have shot this at POF Wah many years back. It was the fully automatic model of course. While it was fun to spray and pray, I actually enjoyed the the version with the stock more.
    GlockZ

Attached Images Attached Images  
    "One eye man a king in blind man country"
    No matter how bad your situation seems, there is always another for whom things are worse.

its good to see POF introducing commercial products for the local market! but the point that evades me is the practical utility of this wpn. Why would someone buy a hybrid when he or she can get a good pistol of the same calibre and magazine size at about the same price? I am sure other more experienced members will shed light on it. I see it as a new and different looking toy. but well done POF for such endeavors.

You can always install stock and 30 round magazine.

Member Extraordinaire ajmal virk's Avatar
    165000 is very high price.

I have Seen this Add in Today's Jang

Expert Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ajmal virk View Post
    +1.

But I add a bit that its not very high price but insanely excessive price.(sorry to use the harsh word).

Read on the forum that POF offered MP5 old ones but kind of refurbished ones to Retired & Serving military men at less than 20K....

But now when they offered to this on commercial market they put price tag of 150K plus.... plainly excessive.

I think paying this much just for looks isn't a good idea!
    Islam began as something strange & will revert to being strange as it began, so give glad tidings to the strangers. (Muslim)

@1stranger

Do you have any idea if POF offering the MP5 is still relevant? My father's a retired Army officer and we'd love it if this were true.

Quote Originally Posted by 1stranger View Post
    +1. But I add a bit that its not very high price but insanely excessive price.(sorry to use the harsh word). Read on the forum that POF offered MP5 old ones but kind of refurbished ones to Retired & Serving military men at less than 20K.... But now when they offered to this on commercial market they put price tag of 150K plus.... plainly excessive. I think paying this much just for looks isn't a good idea!
    Those are two different things. The used weapons are not owned neither sold by POF.
    "In riding a horse, we borrow freedom"- Helen Thompson

Expert Member
    Quote Originally Posted by delphicwhisky View Post
    @1stranger

Do you have any idea if POF offering the MP5 is still relevant? My father's a retired Army officer and we'd love it if this were true.
    Brother, don't know. I just read it here in a thread... you can search it...

Quote Originally Posted by px4.1987 View Post
    Those are two different things. The used weapons are not owned neither sold by POF.
    Sorry Br, I read it here that the Old MP5s which were in service, were offered to military personals... !
    Source is Pakguns... !
    Last edited by 1stranger; 28-11-2014 at 11:36 AM.
    Islam began as something strange & will revert to being strange as it began, so give glad tidings to the strangers. (Muslim)

My opinion. POF Wah equips our forces with the G3, MP5 etc. which are manufactured under license with quality control. I would expect the same quality control to be present in the civilian weapons offered. Additionally there could be an advantage to have the manufacturer in country for maintenance and spare parts. How many times have people agonised on how to get a part for their imported weapon?

I could be very interested in the POF 5 if it came with the option of a stock. Quite an ideal HD weapon, with better controllability than a pistol, and the recoil would be lighter than a 9 mm pistol because of the added weight and ability to shoulder fire.

I wonder if the Islamabad Gun Club would allow this on the big bore range, or would they insist on calling this a rifle and hence not allowed to shoot.
    GlockZ

Enthusiast
    Brother, don't know. I just read it here in a thread... you can search it...

Sorry Br, I read it here that the Old MP5s which were in service, were offered to military personals... !
    Source is Pakguns... !
    i read this as well in some posts....... but this could be under the same arrangement whereby officer can get 1 or 2 old weapons from malkhana (storage of the units), as my 2 of my uncles got .38 calibre revolvers when they were in serivce for few hundred rupees. under this type of sale POF has nothing to do, this goes under the Armed forces own rules & regulations.
    Last edited by Asd1976; 28-11-2014 at 11:27 AM. Reason: additional info
    Before all else, be armed
    Niccolo Machiavelli

Enthusiast
    +1.

But I add a bit that its not very high price but insanely excessive price.(sorry to use the harsh word).

Read on the forum that POF offered MP5 old ones but kind of refurbished ones to Retired & Serving military men at less than 20K....

But now when they offered to this on commercial market they put price tag of 150K plus.... plainly excessive.

I think paying this much just for looks isn't a good idea!
    on the price front I fully agree, this is quite excessive, in my presonal view it shouldn't cost more than 2 handguns they are offering (i.e. upto 100,000/= max)
    Before all else, be armed
    Niccolo Machiavelli

Expert Member
    Quote Originally Posted by delphicwhisky View Post
    @1stranger

Quote Originally Posted by px4.1987 View Post
    Here is the link
    http://www.pakguns.com/showthread.ph...highlight=army

Pardon it was Army who offered that to his personals not the POF.

Regards

Quote Originally Posted by ajmal virk View Post
    Brother to give start to industry its An OK price..
    dont u think it would be a milestone/ revolution to industry (but product have to be quality en-centered )
    we are willing to get original Hk mp5 which is going for 450k-500k+ (if found one), y not u guys are willing pay 33% of price.. after all profit generated would flourish our own industry
    secondly pof is producing it under license of HK so they will definitely focus on same quality and control..
    and it is actually field tested by our own LEA and we all have to agree that we have not heard of it jaming in semi-auto mode,,, though in auto heard some fishy comments. (but never witnessed)
    and with specific pof mp-5 ammo forget it , that it will give any hickup..

THUMBS UP FOR POF & BEST OF LUCK
    Last edited by zia raza; 28-11-2014 at 12:34 PM.
    an armed society is a polite society.(Robert A. Heinlein):.jhb)

Quote Originally Posted by zia raza View Post
    Brother to give start to industry its An OK price..
    dont u think it would be a milestone/ revolution to industry (but product have to be quality en-centered )
    we are willing to get original Hk mp5 which is going for 450k-500k+ (if found one), y not u guys are willing pay 33% of price.. after all profit generated would flourish our own industry
    secondly pof is producing it under license of HK so they will definitely focus on same quality and control..
    and it is actually field tested by our own LEA and we all have to agree that we have not heard of it jaming in semi-auto mode,,, though in auto heard some fishy comments. (but never witnessed)
    and with specific pof mp-5 ammo forget it , that it will give any hickup..

THUMBS UP FOR POF & BEST OF LUCK
    Fair point, to give our local industry a chance. Just a question, would this weapon require the hotter 9mm round from POF, or would the pistol rounds work fine?
    GlockZ

Quote Originally Posted by GlockZ View Post
    Fair point, to give our local industry a chance. Just a question, would this weapon require the hotter 9mm round from POF, or would the pistol rounds work fine?
    little hotter round by POF would be better for proper cycling.. seniors can guide u better
    an armed society is a polite society.(Robert A. Heinlein):.jhb)

Quote Originally Posted by skywalker233 View Post
    POF introduces POF 4 Pistol 9x19mm
    bro thanks for sharing good news.

POF zinda baad.