Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Who has a 22lr pistol?

Supreme Member
    I just looked it up... now that is interesting! Good call Ahmad, I never knew about that gun before. I would definitely like to try one of those.

The man who fears no truth has nothing to fear from lies.
    (Thomas Jefferson)

Supreme Member
    The price is not too bad either. About the same as the higher end Buckmark and MkIII's.

(Thomas Jefferson)

Expert Member
    Ya but way less than Model 41 which turned out a big disappointment for me. Not really bad but way overpriced & not value for money.

Quote Originally Posted by Fudgepacker View Post
    Nice MJ! Thanks for showing
    I have P22Q for some other reasons but i really like Browning Buck Mark.

Brother Denovo has one & it's a beautiful thing to keep.

I am gonna get it some day.

Quote Originally Posted by Mian Jee View Post

I've had one as well for some time now, love it; never failed me for any reasons as well. It's a good practice gun for range. Works with all the following ammo in my gun: federal, all CCI brands,Mag Tech,Super X, Amscor, S&B and some German brands. All thumps up! But unfortunately I believe not any new shipment after Germans found out of misuse.

Regards

Supreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahmad View Post
    Ya but way less than Model 41 which turned out a big disappointment for me. Not really bad but way overpriced & not value for money.
    Bro those are beautiful guns, and its cool how the slide is kind of like a Desert Eagle, but I always wondered what made them so expensive. Do you still have yours? Could you please tell us more about it Ahmad?
    Last edited by Fudgepacker; 15-11-2014 at 01:47 AM.

(Thomas Jefferson)

Supreme Member

Do you know which one Den bro has? I handled a couple at the store, but dont remember which models they were. One had a slab sided barrel which i really liked. The Buckmark is one of my top choices so far in terms of styling and features. But since I never shot one, I'd love to hear more from people who have used them.

The other top choice is the Sig/Hammerli Trailside. But I only just learned about that gun from Ahmad bro, so I've yet to actually see and hold one.
    Last edited by Fudgepacker; 15-11-2014 at 01:48 AM.

(Thomas Jefferson)

Expert Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fudgepacker View Post
    Bro those are beautiful guns, and its cool how the slide is kind of like a Desert Eagle, but I always wondered what made them so expensive. Do you still have yours? Could you please tell us more about it Ahmad?
    Its gone some six years back but mine was 1991 made 5" model. It was a pure jamomatic. never went through one complete magazine without a failure. Accuracy was fine for a fun shooting handgun but I was unable to find ammo which it can digest & when i saw a MarkII , I let it go & grabbed Ruger. S&W has reintroduced them sometimes back, you may check newer models. Well it was certainly better looking than Ruger until you really start firing it.

Supreme Member
    Wow, that's too bad it didn't work.

(Thomas Jefferson)

Member Extraordinaire
    check out beretta 87 or walther ppk if u want something dufferent . although my no 1 choice would be buck mark or ruger

I've fired a few Rugers (stock, customised etc), and P22 doesn't come close enough in accuracy. Id buy a Ruger in 22 any day, but prices in PK are too high!

Ruger doesn't like S&B ammo though .... whereas P22Q eats it all up comfortably.
    Of all the things I have lost, I miss my mind the most ...

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Zakir View Post
    check out beretta 87 or walther ppk if u want something dufferent . although my no 1 choice would be buck mark or ruger
    New PPK is lovely in weight and size, and comes with a threaded barrel too.
    Of all the things I have lost, I miss my mind the most ...

Quote Originally Posted by Verve View Post
    New PPK is lovely in weight and size, and comes with a threaded barrel too.
    Isn't PPK is .380ACP ?

Guy is asking for a .22lr

Isn't PPK is .380ACP ?

Brother in .22 its ppk/s
    an armed society is a polite society.(Robert A. Heinlein):.jhb)

Supreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Verve View Post
    I've fired a few Rugers (stock, customised etc), and P22 doesn't come close enough in accuracy...
    The 87 and PPK are both beautiful guns, although the 87's are very rare here. But as Verve bro has commented, the Rugers and Buckmark's huge variety of customization options is a very attractive feature to me.

(Thomas Jefferson)

Supreme Member
    I went down to my favourite gun store yesterday and played with just about every 22 pistol they had. The ones stood out to me most were, the Beretta Neos, Sig Mosquito, Norinco M93 (Colt Woodsman clone), Ruger 22/45, and Buckmark. Out of those, the Ruger and Browning were the most recommended. Browning's build quality and finish are impeccable and I also like how its an all metal gun, unlike the 22/45 was has a polymer frame. But if you don't care about the frame material, there are still 2 other areas where the Browning clearly wins out over the Ruger. The first is the controls. The Buckmark has very nice extended safety and frame lock levers, whereas the Ruger has "buttons" that are flush with the frame, making them very difficult to manipulate. Second is magazine ejection. Both guns have a magazine disconnect safety (which I hate), but on the Ruger it seems to impede the ejection of the magazine. On the Buckmark however, the mag still manages to shoot out with impressive velocity regardless. They said the Ruger would eject just as well when broken in, but when something works perfectly out of the box, that goes a long way in making a good impression. With that said, the disconnect can be easily removed on both guns, its not something I would do to a brand new gun in order not to void the warranty.

So... I put my money on the Buckmark

(Thomas Jefferson)

Congrates, If availability was not an issue there, I would strongly recommend Beretta 87 Target, I owned it once and regret I sold it.
    All That Is Necessary for evil to triumph is for good people to do nothing!

AoA all,

S&W Mod-41 is being discouraged due to its price,shoots tight groups at
    longer distances and eats all varieties of ammo.

1. S&W Mod-41.
    2. Browning Buckmark.
    3. Ruger Mark-III.
    4. Beretta 87-Target.

Supreme Member
    Thanks. If I just wanted a good gun to shoot I probably would have made more effort to track down an 87. But this is something I would probably like to customize in the future, so the availability and variety of parts also affected my decision.

Anyways, with over a dozen different Buckmark models to choose from, the Plus UDX has everything I want... blued finish, Walnut grips, contoured finger grooves, 5 1/2" slab sided barrel, adjustable target sight in the rear, and Truglow fiber optic in the front. Only problem being... it's not in stock. So, now comes the long wait for Browning to build the gun

(Thomas Jefferson)

Member Extraordinaire
    Isn't PPK is .380ACP ?

sir ji it is available have bought one.