Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Kumrat Valley: A Pictorial By Jibz

Quote Originally Posted by Fraz View Post
    yes and a good one at best :P
    Thanks Buddy. When should I be expecting you next in Peshawar? Or do you want us to arrange for a range day where Nazib Sahib and your good self would be joining us... Hann..

Quote Originally Posted by raff View Post
    Great pics bro and the is just wow... Speechless, I my self am a big tourism buff. Cant spend a single year without a couple of road trips. So what is the accommodation facilities available in the area?
    Thanks dear raff
    There are no hotels or other similar facilities there or at least I didn't see any. However, Forest department and Sheringal university have two adjacent guest houses which can be booked in advance through proper channel. Interestingly, we were the only tourists in that area and thats how it normally is. The long distance and bad conditions of the roads are big turn-offs thus normally you wouldn't find tourists in these valleys. In a way that's good because eventually there is no garbage or waste either which tourists tend to bring along.

Quote Originally Posted by Fudgepacker View Post
    I eespecially like the picture of the two toned waters, that must be beautiful to see in real life!
    Yes Fudgepacker, very true. I took this picture from the road which was almost 60-70 meters above these waters and still their colored tones were clearly visible.

Quote Originally Posted by Jibz View Post
    Thanks Buddy. When should I be expecting you next in Peshawar? Or do you want us to arrange for a range day where Nazib Sahib and your good self would be joining us... Hann..

Thanks dear raff
    There are no hotels or other similar facilities there or at least I didn't see any. However, Forest department and Sheringal university have two adjacent guest houses which can be booked in advance through proper channel. Interestingly, we were the only tourists in that area and thats how it normally is. The long distance and bad conditions of the roads are big turn-offs thus normally you wouldn't find tourists in these valleys. In a way that's good because eventually there is no garbage or waste either which tourists tend to bring along.

Yes Fudgepacker, very true. I took this picture from the road which was almost 60-70 meters above these waters and still their colored tones were clearly visible.

That is why they call it a Virgin Beauty

Quote Originally Posted by skywalker233 View Post
    Amazing. Very beautiful place. Where did you stay the night in Sheringal ? Someone's home ?
    Thanks dear. We stayed at the guest house of Sheringal University. The pictured river was hardly 300 meters from the guest house and the sound of the gushing water had a mesmerizing and melodious effect. I don't know how but at night the river could be clearly heard from our room.

Quote Originally Posted by NawabSaab View Post
    I know Jibz Sir its an awesome place to go. But you left the heaven after Kumrat valley (Jahaz or Jaaz banda) correct me if i am wrong. A must place to go, it is accessible through 10km track which is more fun. You should see the other side of the world lolz
    Anyway going on 14th Aug with family, Insha Allah. I have access to SBBU Sheringal guest houses in Kumrat, Jaaz banda etc with real beautiful surroundings lol
    Nice trip Sir
    Yes NawabSaab, roor thats exactly what I was told that there are few dands (ponds/lakes) in Upper Kumrat which are out of this world. If I reckon correctly, Jahaz Banda/Dand was one of it and the other was something like Toray Obe Dand (Black water Pond/Lake).
    Wish you best of luck with your journey and please do share your experience with us. The reason why I couldn't go any further was the unavailability of a proper 4x4 vehicle and most of all an important meeting at office for which I had to be in Peshawar on Monday. On Sunday I drove non-stop for 12 hours and 45 minutes from Kumrat to Peshawar; the longest (from duration point of view) I have ever driven in a single stretch.. phewww..

Insha Allah will share with pictures of this beautiful lavish green area, once i returned from it lol

Sir, believe me, the pictures are not doing justice to the actual beauty of the place. Very correctly stated by you on the phone that I had the opportunity to absorb the beauty of that place with all the 5 senses. It was an experience which I would remember for quite a long time. lol. As I spent very little time there so based on what I got to hear from the locals the real cold weather starts in mid September and by the end of December it snows which lasts till Late March. During that little time I spent there, at day time it was sunny and temperatures were like 24-27C and at night we had to use a blanket.
    Another thing I need to mention is that I got mild sunburns on my right arm so taking along a sun-block cream may be a good idea. .
    that mustve been because of driving all day in direct sunlight with the window rolled down and ur arm on the door. Happened to me too :P. Though my friends had the sunblock i considered it a bit below me to use it :P
    Before you embark on a journey of Revenge, dig two graves - Confucius (504 BC)
    102nd Chairborne Rangers, Special Forums Operator Delta, The Keyboard Commandos

Sir soon IN SHA ALLAH, depends on when u arrange the requested "gift" :P

This is elaqa ghair yani no go areas.or govet rit in this area.and distance from peshawer.and time from peshawer to kumrat vally.and localy language?please answer

Member Extraordinaire ajmal virk's Avatar
    Which bore camera did you use Jibz brother.

Jibz Lala , Beautiful pictures and loved the narration of your travel along with the route details.

A breath taking beauty of kumrat valley
    Thanks so much Jibz bro for introducing an other piece of heaven on my motherland its simply awsome ....
    How was the weather at nights
    Im sure it would be hard to bear the cold without blankets m I right ?

that mustve been because of driving all day in direct sunlight with the window rolled down and ur arm on the door. Happened to me too :P. Though my friends had the sunblock i considered it a bit below me to use it :P
    That is exactly how it happened and this is not the first time either. But I seem to be carrying a thick skull on my shoulders, hence no lesson learnt anyways. lol

Sir soon IN SHA ALLAH, depends on when u arrange the requested "gift" :P
    Yaar I am still on a lookout for that gift and I promise you that if and when I find it, the first one will be mine and the second one yours :P. How does that sound to you???

Simply beautiful , mind blowing and unexpected would love visit the place .
    If you seek peace prepare for war .

Quote Originally Posted by watanyaar View Post
    This is elaqa ghair yani no go areas.or govet rit in this area.and distance from peshawer.and time from peshawer to kumrat vally.and localy language?please answer
    No. Its not elaqa ghair, rather its a part of a settled area, district Upper Dir. The distance from Peshawar is about 250 kilometers however due to bad conditions of the road, it is wiser to keep an hourly track of the journey which is 12 hours. The locals speak Kohistani however they are equally well versed in speaking Pashto.

Quote Originally Posted by ajmal virk View Post
    Which bore camera did you use Jibz brother.
    lol@bore camera... Roor its a Canon SX50.

Amazing photography!
    Beautifully captured!!!
    \"Ye daulut bhee lai lo,ye shurat bhee lai lau
    bhalay cheen lo mujsay meri jawaani
    *MAGAR*
    Muj ko Lauta do wo bijli,wo ata,wo chawal,wo roti,wo cheeni,wo pani Bhalay cheen lo mujsai meri jawani\"

Simply beautiful place to be....
    ‘‘A government resting on the minority is an aristocracy, not a Republic, and could not be safe with a numerical and physical force against it, without a standing army, an enslaved press and a disarmed populace.’’

— James Madison, The Federalist Papers (No. 46).

Member Extraordinaire ajmal virk's Avatar
    So you used 50 caliber camera and BTW nice T-shirt you are wearing from where you purchased that.lols

Member Emeritus
    Great trip @Jibz bro.. no doubt it's a great place to visit.. you will forget Shogran, Naran & Nathiagali after you visit Kumrat.. I wonder uptil now how could you missed such a scenic beauty.

Quote Originally Posted by Lalib Khan View Post
    Jibz Lala , Beautiful pictures and loved the narration of your travel along with the route details.
    Quote Originally Posted by Afzaal View Post
    A breath taking beauty of kumrat valley
    Thanks so much Jibz bro for introducing an other piece of heaven on my motherland its simply awsome ....
    How was the weather at nights
    Im sure it would be hard to bear the cold without blankets m I right ?
    No doubt it is a beautiful place. Many thanks for your kind words.
    @ Afzaal
    Yes sir, you are very right. At night time a blanket is required as it gets quite cold out there.

Quote Originally Posted by hmd View Post
    Simply beautiful , mind blowing and unexpected would love visit the place .
    Do make a plan, hmd bro. You will love every moment of being present at that place. However, I would request everyone to please keep in mind the long journey (from duration point of view) and the worsts possible Jeepable-track. Cheers and Regards

That is exactly how it happened and this is not the first time either. But I seem to be carrying a thick skull on my shoulders, hence no lesson learnt anyways. lol

Yaar I am still on a lookout for that gift and I promise you that if and when I find it, the first one will be mine and the second one yours :P. How does that sound to you???

I noticed the sun burn on my way back from chitral. I used a simple solution, took a car cleaning cloth, soaked it in water and then wrapped it on my arm .... Result was a cool arm under shade

And if u keep the first for ur self it would get stolen

Blog Entries
    awesome Bro. just awesome.
    La Fortune Sourit aux Audacieux