Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 177

Thread: Rossi m 89 .32 long 6 shot nib revolver , review

  1. #41
    PakGuns Elite! Ameer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    6,791
    Quote Originally Posted by cancer_doc View Post
    Man you got me.....I dont know why females particularly wifes are against the guns even if Budget is not an issue. In Jewellary shop they may purchase gold etc. exceeding Million Rupees and very satisfied and happy ( and not even get fatigued sitting hours in the shop ) with it but a 70 K pistol raises eye brows and a lengthy speech of why you are wasting so much money on a nonsense thing ......... and it goes on.

    But there is no other way around !!!!!!!!
    Hahahaa......agreed.
    Remember the first rule of gunfighting ... have a gun.

  2. #42
    Member Extraordinaire
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    3,925
    Congratulations cancer doc

  3. #43
    PakGuns Elite! Soldier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    6,656
    Congratulations Bro on ur purchase.
    Beautiful gun and gr8 review.
    Happy & Safe Shooting.

  4. #44
    Expert Member Jibz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Peshawar
    Posts
    1,363
    Quote Originally Posted by cancer_doc View Post
    Man you got me.....I dont know why females particularly wifes are against the guns even if Budget is not an issue. In Jewellary shop they may purchase gold etc. exceeding Million Rupees and very satisfied and happy ( and not even get fatigued sitting hours in the shop ) with it but a 70 K pistol raises eye brows and a lengthy speech of why you are wasting so much money on a nonsense thing ......... and it goes on.
    But there is no other way around !!!!!!!!
    First of all, Dr Sb, congrats. A very neat and pristine condition revolver and on top of that at such a good price. MashAllah
    Secondly, there is actually a way around it, why tell the actual price??? lol. Just state 1/4th of the actual and you are good to go. UNLESS, the salary and expenditure controls are with the Home Minister; then its a totally different story all together.

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibz View Post
    First of all, Dr Sb, congrats. A very neat and pristine condition revolver and on top of that at such a good price. MashAllah
    Secondly, there is actually a way around it, why tell the actual price??? lol. Just state 1/4th of the actual and you are good to go. UNLESS, the salary and expenditure controls are with the Home Minister; then its a totally different story all together.
    Thanks brother

    Yes but 1/4 th creates suspicion. About 40% of price is good to go. Why didn't that idea crossed my mind before ?

  6. #46
    Thanks Dr Zakir & Soldier

    Going to post the Range Report after I am finished with weapons cleaning

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by cancer_doc View Post
    .32 Long of S&B = 90 / pop
    .32 Wadcutters = 50 / pop
    s&b wadcutters ?? in that price i want to get my hands on some ... shop name plz ... ??
    Of all the things in the world ... simplicity is most beautiful ...

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by alikami View Post
    s&b wadcutters ?? in that price i want to get my hands on some ... shop name plz ... ??
    Hira Arms but you might not get them as I purchased the last bit and still they were less than 25

  9. #49

    Range Review

    Approached LRC at about 10:00 AM and as expected range was all empty due to Ramzan Mubarak & today it was hot.

    Any way it was good for me as I can do things more comfortably while alone. Brought two weapons to the range

    1. Baikal MP 161 K 0.22 LR Semiauto Rifle
    2. Rossi M 89 .32 Long S&W 6 Shot Revolver ( The Revolver under discussion )

    First I planned to do some shooting with Revolver, previously I have just fired Revolver only once at LRC and it was Taurus .357 Magnum giving me hell of a jerk and was never able to even hit the target at all, all were flyers. So, I was a bit concerned. Here is the view at range

    Name:  DSC01336.jpg
Views: 413
Size:  92.4 KBName:  DSC01337.jpg
Views: 448
Size:  93.4 KB

    Targets were set at 15 & 25 yards. First I tried at 15 yards. As I mentioned earlier grip was very comfortable and as a result weapon was very well balanced. Front site was good enough. Fired six shots in SA mode, triger was feather light and here are the results

    Name:  DSC01339.jpg
Views: 431
Size:  62.3 KB

    Better than my expectation and recoil was almost nothing compared to 9mm. In my opinion a very good personal defense weapon even for ladies who are afraid of recoil. Noise was also low. If you can please appreciate the shot at No.6 ( there is only one shot at No. 6 ) at 5 o'clock position ..... that is of wad cutter on close inspection I realized it is different from others as it has very sharp cut edges making it easier for counting scores in competitions. Only then I realized why Jeff Cooper said .38 wad cutter is the best for competition / target shooting.

    Then I aimed at 25 yard target with following results

    Name:  DSC01342.jpg
Views: 449
Size:  62.0 KB

    Only six shots were fired due to lack of ammo and as it is quite visible 5 out of six shots landed in the black and the one which missed the black, it only missed by an inch or so. Shooting at 25 yards was more accurate than at 15 perhaps I gained a little experience by firing a few shots or firearm is zeroed at 25 yards.

    In experienced hands the one who are more used to shooting revolvers I am sure results would be even more better.

    This bring me to the end of review. I am extremely happy and thrilled by having this weapon and it outperformed my expectations really turned out to be a Gem at 25 K, an excellent weapon at very low price.
    Last edited by cancer_doc; 09-07-2014 at 08:09 PM.

  10. #50
    Member Extraordinaire FA226's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    4,230
    Very well brother.bravo.

  11. #51
    Member Emeritus
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Peshawar
    Posts
    10,145
    Nice shooting cancer_doc bro.. keep it up.

    PS: did you fire all these rounds in DA or SA ??

  12. #52
    Member Extraordinaire
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    3,925
    Excellent shooting dr sahib

  13. #53
    Member Emeritus
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Peshawar
    Posts
    10,145
    Here are few bad quality pictures of my 2" snubby !!! Rossi .32 S&W Long, 6 shots.. its so small that you can easily put it in your side pocket wearing Shalwar Kameez or in the inner side pocket of your Coat/Jacket in winters.

    Sorry for the bad photography because of poor light.
    Attached Images Attached Images        

  14. #54
    Member Emeritus
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Peshawar
    Posts
    10,145
    Now lets see what Argentina can do against Netherlands.. very sorry for Brazil's humiliating defeat yesterday.

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquarius View Post
    Nice shooting cancer_doc bro.. keep it up.

    PS: did you fire all these rounds in DA or SA ??
    At 15 yard target first 6 and best scoring shots were in SA, rest of them are DA giving a wide spread but even DA was not very heavy at all as compared to Taurus .357 which I previously shot

    While at 25 yards all the 6 were shot in SA

    Regards

  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by FA226 View Post
    Very well brother.bravo.
    Thanks Sir

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Zakir View Post
    Excellent shooting dr sahib
    Thankyou Dr Zakir

  18. #58
    Member Extraordinaire
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    3,925
    Congratulations aquarius sir. 32 is becoming a fashion

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquarius View Post
    Here are few bad quality pictures of my 2" snubby !!! Rossi .32 S&W Long, 6 shots.. its so small that you can easily put it in your side pocket wearing Shalwar Kameez or in the inner side pocket of your Coat/Jacket in winters.

    Sorry for the bad photography because of poor light.
    In my opinion a great weapon and inspite of 2 inch barrel I assume it will be very accurate. Very good for CC

    Sir, if you dont mind please share the price and condition ( whether NIB or slightly used ) in which you purchased this small beauty

    Actually I am looking for same thing in 0.22 LR but sounds like they just sort of vanished from Lahore market atleast

    Regards

  20. #60
    Member Extraordinaire FA226's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    4,230
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquarius View Post
    Here are few bad quality pictures of my 2" snubby !!! Rossi .32 S&W Long, 6 shots.. its so small that you can easily put it in your side pocket wearing Shalwar Kameez or in the inner side pocket of your Coat/Jacket in winters.

    Sorry for the bad photography because of poor light.
    Beautiful revolver bro.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •