Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: An interesting Mugging

[QUOTE=1stranger;448547]Brother, although you have asked this ED brother, but just to confuse (read enlighten) youba little... I am sharing this famous comperative Review of CF98/NP4, NP22/HP77B and CZ999/EZ9 by our senior member Gilani sb. Hope it will be of some help.

However, I agree with ED brother, that NP22 or EZ9 etc are tougher to conceal than NP42/CF98.

by the way how's ur EZ 9 beast going ? how many shoots fired ? or no time for marksman ship :P

Member Emeritus Enigmatic Desires's Avatar
    [QUOTE=seeker;448556]
    Quote Originally Posted by 1stranger View Post
    Brother, although you have asked this ED brother, but just to confuse (read enlighten) youba little... I am sharing this famous comperative Review of CF98/NP4, NP22/HP77B and CZ999/EZ9 by our senior member Gilani sb. Hope it will be of some help.

However, I agree with ED brother, that NP22 or EZ9 etc are tougher to conceal than NP42/CF98.

by the way how's ur EZ 9 beast going ? how many shoots fired ? or no time for marksman ship :P
    I did a practical shooting course armed with the EZ 9. She shoots true and well without any malfunctions and I did good and got my certificate. However in the grip that I was taught i could barely touch the trigger. its tooo big for my chotay say haath (small hands)
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

Expert Member
    Quote Originally Posted by seeker View Post
    Well, Al Hamdulillah its going fine... there were few issues in the very beginning... but later it turned out to be one accurate and reliable weapon...!
    Never faced issues after the last incident in the initial months... actually I thought initial FTFs were probably due to bullets getting loose in the magazine due to traveling/carrying etc.. now I make sure that before firing I use to tap the magazine, (just for satisfaction, otherwise may be there is no need for that now). And now its fine... infact tried rapid fire and that too went well...!

Baqi, yes despite the urge, I am unable shoot from some time now...
    Last edited by 1stranger; 04-07-2014 at 07:43 PM.
    Islam began as something strange & will revert to being strange as it began, so give glad tidings to the strangers. (Muslim)

Expert Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatic Desires View Post

I did a practical shooting course armed with the EZ 9. She shoots true and well without any malfunctions and I did good and got my certificate. However in the grip that I was taught i could barely touch the trigger. its tooo big for my chotay say haath (small hands)

Well ED brother, its a good gun indeed...
    Infact my younger brother, shot multiple times a palm size (approximately) target from 10 Meters or so...
    And didn't get any practical training... I mean in a technical sense

About grips, well some time I feel that if they are a bit slimmer that would be good but still I dont face any serious issue, it is just a thought.. specially after firing Viking MP446, I felt MP446's grip more comfortable... but then again... its not that big a difference. .. I still can easily hold and grip it... waisay its all personal preference at the end
    Last edited by 1stranger; 04-07-2014 at 06:46 PM.
    Islam began as something strange & will revert to being strange as it began, so give glad tidings to the strangers. (Muslim)

I heard of someone getting robbed on the highway and the robbers gave him 50 rs to catch a bus home :P
    A Hammer can be lethal in two ways. Being Dropped by a trigger, or being smashed into a skull.

Member Emeritus

I was supposed to get it today. But this happened

http://photonews.com.pk/bomb-attack-...ead-3-injured/

Thats really bad & quite frustrating indeed.. every now & then it happens.

I am glad that you are here, still posting on the forum. May Allah guide us all.
    Live your life!

@ ED...why didnt you punch him in the face when he was trying to draw his handgun? hahahaha
    the Shaking Hands at the end was the best part.lol
    may Allah keep you safe!

Your mugger does not sound like an experienced criminal. Your mother may have had a point about his family.

In retrospect, perhaps you should have invited him to accompany you to mosque.

The next person he tries to rob may not be as nice as you were.

Quote Originally Posted by TRX View Post

You, sir, have nailed it

Member Emeritus Enigmatic Desires's Avatar
    Your mugger does not sound like an experienced criminal. Your mother may have had a point about his family.

Well TRX.. To be honest my pride was hurt. So from now on i have started carrying.. Even in the mosque. My Arminius .32 S&W long HW 5 with 4 inch barrel. I am able to conceal carry it. However unlike the shooters of the wild wild west. i found out that drawing from concealment while wearing a long flowing shirt and Pajamas.. is a problem the gun slingers of the old days did not have to deal with. It took me around 7 seconds to draw..
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

7 seconds are too much time. 2 - 3 second should be the time.

If you Can't reduce time, you will have to improve you situation / surrounding reading capability.

Invitation to the Mosque is a great idea, if one does not have a gun pointed at him only a person who has been through such a situation can tell you what it feels like, rest I totally disagree there is no justification to criminal activity, no hungary or sick family justifies mugging someone of their hard earned money.
    If God didn't want us to have GUNS, He wouldn't have given us GUN fingers...

Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post

If you Can't reduce time, you will have to improve you situation / surrounding reading capability.
    "Qismat ke likhay ko kon taal sakta hay"
    If God didn't want us to have GUNS, He wouldn't have given us GUN fingers...

Quote Originally Posted by Mian Jee View Post
    So, you mean your laptop also needs to be get ro....

Mian Jee... I second ED on that... I tried connecting my Kingston USB into his laptop but none of his ports would accept it.
    "There are no dangerous weapons. There are only dangerous men."

Well TRX.. To be honest my pride was hurt. So from now on i have started carrying.. Even in the mosque. My Arminius .32 S&W long HW 5 with 4 inch barrel. I am able to conceal carry it. However unlike the shooters of the wild wild west. i found out that drawing from concealment while wearing a long flowing shirt and Pajamas.. is a problem the gun slingers of the old days did not have to deal with. It took me around 7 seconds to draw..
    I hope and pray that you never have to use it for self defence. You have a few options to improve the situation here:

1. Ask the villain to help you draw.
    2. Point over the villains shoulder and yell 'woh daikho sonay kee chirya' (look! A golden bird!)
    3. Practice your draw till you bring it down to under a second. Remember in a time of stress one does not rise to the occasion but rather falls down to the level of training!

if I were you, I'd work on the third option. Goodluck!

Thank God I live in Canada!
    Live your life!

No doubt its interesting. Call it "A DAY OUT WITH A MUGGER"
    Remember the first rule of gunfighting ... have a gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post

In 3 seconds (max) for Kurta Shalwar and 2 seconds (max) for pants, he should have fired his first shot (on or slightly off target). ED needs to seriously practice his draw, which he assured me that he will inshallah. Muscle memory resulting from proper training coupled with situation awareness counts the most.
    Last edited by Glock17; 06-07-2014 at 05:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathrow View Post
    Mian Jee... I second ED on that... I tried connecting my Kingston USB into his laptop but none of his ports would accept it.
    While I haven't had the honour of seeing ED's laptop computer but I assure you all, it must be an enigma machine.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathrow View Post
    You may want to check your Kingston. Does it still work after it's docking with ED's laptop?