Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: An interesting Mugging

Member Emeritus Enigmatic Desires's Avatar

An interesting Mugging

I decided to go to the friendly neighbourhood mosque today. I parked the car a block away since that was the closest parking place i could find. I saw a motorbike standing at a distance with a suspicious looking character near the corner of the road that led to the mosque. I stopped and waited for him to leave. He left talking and gesticulating loudly to himself. i figured him out to be a harmless loony and exited the vehicle. As I was walking down the road i heard the moterbike turning. I was like Oooh Shit. And tried to walk away from the road. Stupid move really since there was nowhere to go.

He called Out: kahan Bhaagaay gaa? (Where do u think u can run) He had a point so I stopped trying to inch behind a car.

Him: Paisay day day. (Give me money)

Me: I don't have my wallet yaar Masjid jaa raaha houn..Talaashi lay lo (I am going to the mosque search me and see for yourself (By sheer coincidence I actualy had forgotten my wallet at home)

Him: (Quite politely ) Main goli maar doing gaa ( I will shoot you)

And to convince me of the seriousness of his threat. he fumbled for some time trying to get his gun out. it was a local darra made 14 shot TT. Absolute Junk.. It was obviously his pride and joy. It was stuck to his side and was all carefully wrapped up in a piece of semi transparent cloth.

(Apparently, i was supposed to wait till he would take it out.. Open up the parcel. Load the weapon and point and shoot)

Him: There must be money and your wallet in your car. Lets get it.

Me: Why.. would I leave my wallet in the car?

Him: You must have a mobile

Me: Here take it.

He opened it and gave me the cover and took out the sim.

Me: Thanks

Him: I wont give u the data card. Unless you have family pics

Me: of course I have family pics..

Him: oh sorry i have a family too. here take it.

Then as an after thought he added: I have a family too.. I really dont want to do this. But there are (Majburian) circumstances that I cant control.

I have no idea if he wanted to condole me for robbing me or wanted my forgiveness..

The mobile in question was a broken down old Q that I had been lugging around for purely sentimental value. When i had gone to buy a smart phone i was offered around Rs. 100 for it. The smartphone was in my pocket. Which he never checked. Nor did he try to divest me of my watch. Nice of him really.

Him: Are you sure you don't have any money on your car? He asked me hopefully.

No i am afraid i don't i said trying to look as regretful as possible.

Him: maaf karna bhai ( forgive me brother) And actually shook hands with me and left. (If not for the gift wrapped TT i might have embraced him with brotherly love and affection)

Later at the gate of the mosque a heroic-young-man asked me to hop on his bike so that we could go and catch him. I was like umm err Ok. I made the heroic-young-man stop near my car to retrieve my pepper spray. I figured me and the heroic-young-man evened the odds a bit with the pepper spray against the gift wrapped TT toting thug. We tried but could not find the dude and I was relieved. A pepper spray is not much of an offensive weapon against a TT. And as for the heroic-young-man I had no idea what heroism he had in mind if we would have actually found the dude. Since he was so excited i thought it rude to ask him.

Tail peice.: When i got home and told my mom the whole story she was like do u know how diificult it is to run a house. maybe he had little starvbing kids a sister desperate to get married. And u gave him a sau rupay kaa phone!! ( A rs. 100 rupee phone)

I was like i am sorry i really did not have my wallet with me. i don't think she believes me.
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

Blog Entries
    hahaha....well it seems like a comedy movie clip kassam say
    Victory is sweetest when you\'ve known defeat.

After all you confessed that you have a smart phone & you must have a data cable too, now your ever lasting un-synchronized, un-uploading excuse is over.

P.S. don't edit post.

The paper work of my NP 42 that I bought yesterday was not complete.. I was on the way before the dealer told me to come tomorow. had i been in possession of it. the poor dude would have died of an inferiority complex
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

I do have the data cable. For both the Q and the new one. My lappy does not accept it. I am not allowed to do data cables on my office system. waisay the few pics I have shared here were from my old Q that is no more.

So, you mean your laptop also needs to be get ro....

Enthusiast
    Looks like the sympathies would be with the robber rather than the robbed. Just speculating. An interesting account wesay
    "Its not the size of the dog in the fight, its the size of the fight in the dog" -Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Mian Jee View Post
    So, you mean your laptop also needs to be get ro....
    naah.. The sheer volume of stuff it has.. The kind that u really dont want to share with anyone.. ever

My lappy I wil fight for.. Wasisay of i would have gotten the NP I was on ,y way to get and due to a paper work delay I could not. He would have probebly died from an inferiority comples.

Thanks God in the end you are safe

Thank god bro you are safe . I think that guy was just trying to justify what he is doing is right and blaming his situation .
    If you seek peace prepare for war .

Supreme Member
    Fascinating experience, thank you for sharing, and glad you're ok. Should give Sadqa.
    Last edited by Fudgepacker; 04-07-2014 at 02:37 AM.

The man who fears no truth has nothing to fear from lies.
    (Thomas Jefferson)

Supreme Member
    Double post
    Last edited by Fudgepacker; 04-07-2014 at 02:38 AM.

(Thomas Jefferson)

Supreme Member
    Triple post

(Thomas Jefferson)

I'm disappointed with you

#1 If you could afford buying a new smarty phone this month, you could have given the one you had, to the poor robber. Just as he was turning to leave on his bike, ask him to stop and present your smarty to him. And tell him you're giving it to him as a bro-gift. Seriously. No kidding.

#2 At least you could ask for his cell number and send him an easy load of 1000 Rs or so, later. The poor fella put up so much effort in his job and all he earned was a 100 Rs phone. I totally agree with your mom.

#3 Next time go to the same mosque and keep some money with you for that guy. You're such a whacko
    Oh! Do you hear it? The dogs of war await you!

Well the matter of fact the looney was rids him of any sympethic emotion, robbing someone of even a paisa is unjustified and should be punished. Off with the hand, at least a few fingers.

Alhumdulillah u are safe that is what matters, never know when those crude thingz can go boom.
    If God didn't want us to have GUNS, He wouldn't have given us GUN fingers...

Be very grateful to Almighty Allah that you remained safe and in senses. The mugger: nice guy or not could have used the tactics of emotional blackmailing. But he was right, there could be so many compulsions that he was forced to do this. By the way, in the whole scenario, it seemed as if ED was the villain. Give out Sadqa. Things could have not been so great. They mostly shoot to injure a cooperative but out of cash/valuables victim and kill if resisted. An old cellphone with a blocked SIM is a good thing to have in such cases.
    And yes, no more excuses for the sync problems. This is 2014.

Supreme Member
    I am not sure i want to sympathize with the mugger chances are sooner or later he'll end killing someone.
    There are only TWO times when you can have too much ammo... When you are on fire or when you are drowning...

Thanks God you are OK brother.as Glock17 brother all so said give sadqa.May Allah save us from poverty and bad conditions but its no excuse to rob some one.the only thing i liked about him that he gave you the memory card back it means he still has a some good left inside him.and bro these desi 14 shot piece of s##t TT are 90% full auto.

Robber and robbed appear to be a perfect match , made for each other.

While on my way to office , i was intercepted by a suspicious car packed with persons armed with AK 47s . The signaled us to stop . My driver is a seasoned man so he slowed down and while reaching near to them , geared up the speed . It was a very risky move though, because there are many incidents where fleeing vehicles were fired upon resulting into fatalities. I dont think that particularly i was chased or intercepted because i took that route suddenly without informing any one . I believe they were just out for hunt to rob or kidnap any one one for ransom and did not think it feasible to spoil the atmosphere by firing at me while i was escaping , just in a hope to get any other prey . Thinking to carry and to get an armed body guard now.

Quote Originally Posted by zainulabdeen View Post
    Robber and robbed appear to be a perfect match , made for each other.

While on my way to office , i was intercepted by a suspicious car packed with persons armed with AK 47s . The signaled us to stop . My driver is a seasoned man so he slowed down and while reaching near to them , geared up the speed . It was a very risky move though, because there are many incidents where fleeing vehicles were fired upon resulting into fatalities. I dont think that particularly i was chased or intercepted because i took that route suddenly without informing any one . I believe they were just out for hunt to rob or kidnap any one one for ransom and did not think it feasible to spoil the atmosphere by firing at me while i was escaping , just in a hope to get any other prey . Thinking to carry and to get an armed body guard now.
    Dont U think carrying an armed guard would be an arduous exercise. Zain Bhai If you needs must get one I suggest some one in the fly weight category. Easier to carry and more concealable.