Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 1000, 800 and 400 yard LONG RANGE & HUNTING U RIFLE MATCHES OCTOBER 2014Gentlemen

PakGuns Expert Panel

1000, 800 and 400 yard LONG RANGE & HUNTING U RIFLE MATCHES OCTOBER 2014Gentlemen

Gentlemen the matches have been approved by the Chairman Pakistan Ordnance Factories to be held in the month of October. The dates will be announced shortly.
    The rules are simple. The matches from 6,8 or 1000 m can be fired by using any rifle of upto Caliber .338 Lapua magnum. All F class rules apply. Kindly google.
    For the 400 m Hunting rifle category only calibers above 6.5mm or .243 to 8 mm may be used.
    Bipods are allowed so are fore and aft rests. Any type of ammunition may be used. The rifles with scope, bipod and any accessory must not weigh over 9.5 lbs . Single piece fore and aft rests are not allowed.
    Only hunting type scopes are allowed, no turret type or BDC type scopes are allowed.
    In the hunting rifle category the barrel thickness at the muzzle should not be more than 19 mm.
    In all matches 2 strings of 10 shots each will be fired in 10 minutes each.
    5 shots will be allowed for zeroing before the first string of each match.
    The above rules are for general guidance and preparation. Detailed rules will follow within these parameters. Semi auto weapons may be fired at Single Shot Only.
    Start Preparations now. Any pertinent questions will be answered on weekly basis starting now
    JU

PakGuns Expert Panel

1000, 800, 600 and 400 LONG RANGE & HUNTING RIFLE MATCHES OCTOBER 2014

The may be some changes and amendments which will be final by the first week September 2014
    JU

Who all can participate? Eligibility criteria? Any link of the announcement?

Okay Googled it. It shows F Class US, UK and Australia. Which one is it exactly. I'm new to these things.

PakGuns Expert Panel
    The class rules are the same all over.
    Any one with a valid arms license may participate.
    There will how ever be an entry fee to encourage only serious shooters.
    This ranges from Rs 5000/- to 25000/-
    We will have it around 5000 to 10000 bracket.
    JU

PakGuns Expert Panel
    There are several hotels in Wah including a 3 + star hotel at Wah where reasonable rates are available.
    We have planned a tent village how ever and will be greater fun and free of charge for participants accompanying guests will be accommodated at nominal charges.
    Last edited by Skeeter60; 02-07-2014 at 02:22 AM.
    JU

Enthusiast
    Beginners should start from where ? to participate for 400yrds or have to practice somewhere else before ? and where to get some coaching ? and practice sessions for 400yrds , initially.
    "A vote is like a rifle, its usefulness depends upon the character of the user" - Theodore Roosevelt

This is interesting, in fact very exciting. I think I'll buy good optics first and the rifle second. What kind and specification of rifle scope do I need for 800?

PakGuns Expert Panel
    A magnification of from 8 to 12, or 4 to 16 is good. The main thing is how much you want to spend and what rifle you are using. How ever I appreciate your thinking, the first thing is optics. Pl do not settle for less than a Meopta, or a Leupold. The higher end are Night force and Then Schmidt & Bender PM 2, Kahles, Zeiss and Hensoldt are the top enders. Some professionals would use 5-25 X 56 S & B PM 2 only.
    JU

Quote Originally Posted by Skeeter60 View Post
    do not settle for less than a Meopta, or a Leupold. The higher end are Night force and Then Schmidt & Bender PM 2, Kahles, Zeiss and Hensoldt are the top enders. Some professionals would use 5-25 X 56 S & B PM 2 only.
    Skeeter, I've only been able to find Leupold dealership (Hira Arms Lahore). Night force and Carl Zeiss are available in Karachi along with Swarovski. Is there any versatile scope that fits most platforms?

Being Big & Sexy... I am anywhere I wanna be
    Salam Sir,
    Looking forward.
    \"In a world of compromise... Some Don\'t!\" Heckler & Koch

\"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.\" Bill of Rights - 2 Amendment of the Constitution of U.S.

Quote Originally Posted by Glock17 View Post
    Skeeter, I've only been able to find Leupold dealership (Hira Arms Lahore). Night force and Carl Zeiss are available in Karachi along with Swarovski. Is there any versatile scope that fits most platforms?
    Swarovski's dealer is Buksh Elahee, Lahore. He has good variety of these. You can find Carl Zeiss and Schmidt & Bender at Majeed Sons (Only if he is in the mood to sell one to you).

For 800 Yards, you need something bigger than. 308 win. May be 7mm remington magnum or 300 winchester magnum or 338 laupa. But the availability of these is big question mark. You will have to check with Majeed Sons and Buksh Elahee for such rifles.

Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    Swarovski's dealer is Buksh Elahee, Lahore. He has good variety of these. You can find Carl Zeiss and Schmidt & Bender at Majeed Sons (Only if he is in the mood to sell one to you).

For 800 Yards, you need something bigger than. 308 win. May be 7mm remington magnum or 300 winchester magnum or 338 laupa. But the availability of these is big question mark. You will have to check with Majeed Sons and Buksh Elahee for such rifles.
    Bro why do you say if he is in the mood is it because his prices are always sky rocket or some thing else .
    If you seek peace prepare for war .

@hmd

Bro,
    Not the prices but his damn attitude.

I contacted Hira Arms on Friday. The guy was almost shouting at me when I asked a couple of questions about Leupold options. I called him up again on Saturday and he was a changed man altogether: Sweet as a pie. I agree with Leon, it's the attitude and the mood at that particular moment that matters.

To be very honest with you guys, my problem is the budget. I have absolutely no idea about rifles. So maybe I'm a fool around looking for a .308 in 2,25,000/- price range (max), I don't know. But if my intended caliber does not come in that price flavour, then what's the next best caliber I should down grade to?

Member Emeritus
    .308 is the best option because Ammo is cheap, otherwise 30-06 & 7mm Magnum is the alternative but Ammo is expensive.

Member Emeritus
    Or may be 7x57 (standard 7mm).

7mm is not the caliber for even 400 yards.

Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    @hmd

Bro,
    Not the prices but his damn attitude.
    Thanks bro for clearing it . You are right bro attitude of a person makes a big difference in any thing and will take you no where .
    If you seek peace prepare for war .