Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chinese 9mm revolver (Norinco NP216)

Lightbulb Chinese 9mm revolver (Norinco NP216)

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 4374
Size:  15.4 KB

Chinese 9mm revolver (Norinco NP216)

"I love revolvers and problem is either they are not available or they are too expensive. We have variety of semi autos here but Not revolvers. I found this revolver which is perfect for us if we could get our hands on it. Ammo is readily available and there is no doubt about reliability of wheel guns No FTF & FTE issues"

When Chinese authorities announced that more street cops will be armed, their choice of weapon confounded some gun enthusiasts outside the country. But it makes more sense to local moviegoers.

The “05 Chinese Police Revolver” is an unusual weapon, and that’s apparently the point. Government and private experts say Chinese ballistics engineers specifically designed the weapon to minimize risks associated with introducing handguns into a society that has little experience with firearms.

For the first time in 60 years, the police officers in Shanghai will be armed with handguns according to a report at china.org.cn. The report states the officers will carry a 9mm revolver that is equipped with three safety devices and can fire rubber bullets in addition to conventional ammunition.

The revolvers in question are likely the 9mm police revolvers identified here by world.guns.ru. The handguns are a double action revolver with a swing out cylinder that are chambered for a low power 9mm round. According to the information, the rounds are ballistically similar to the .38 S&W (not Special). Muzzle velocity is listed as 720 fps with an unknown weight bullet.

Note: Last 4 paragraphs are taken from net.

Seniors Comment and share your knowledge and if there is anyway we mango people can get this revolver plz Help.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Member Emeritus Enigmatic Desires's Avatar
    Sorry. Not available here at all.

The last 9mm revolver the (The 5 shot 905 model if I recollect correctly) Taurus was around 95k and was a disaster. Since no one wanted to buy it.

AS an ardent revolver lover and user. I subscribe to your views regarding revolvers. However inexpensive german revolvers spacial the arminius brand is available around 15k or so in Karachi in excellent condition. Its 7 shot available in different barrel lenths and fires .32 S&W long ammo and in a pinch .32 acp ammo as well.

The .357 magnum Tauruses are also easily available under 100k with capacities ranging from 5 to 8 an ammo going for around 80 to 150 a pop.
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

Price of 32 bullets is expensive they should cost less then 9mm then it would be good buy. Bro which revolver do u own

aaaand I was happy(in vain) that someone found the 9mm Chinese Revolver in here, our country's market.
    Jhapatna...Palatna...Palat kr jhaptna,
    Lahoo ko garmany ka hy ik bahana!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hadii View Post
    Price of 32 bullets is expensive they should cost less then 9mm then it would be good buy. Bro which revolver do u own
    This one. Cost me 15k. Arminius HW 5 7 shot

made in Germany. Dead accurate, negligible recoil and my primary carry weapon. Even though I have owned a 9mm pistol.

As to why Revolver over pistol

http://www.pakguns.com/showthread.ph...lver-Vs-Pistol

Ammo is around 75 a pop for S&B S&W Longs and around 50 a pop for .32 acp ammo.
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

Its beautiful
    Can we use 32 acp 32 S&W short in this revolver?

Yes. but not recommended. And it plays hell on accuracy

What's the barrel length look to me 4 inches. I have send u mail check it sometime when free

Hmm interesting.So normal 9mm ammo would work in this revolver?
    \"Ye daulut bhee lai lo,ye shurat bhee lai lau
    bhalay cheen lo mujsay meri jawaani
    *MAGAR*
    Muj ko Lauta do wo bijli,wo ata,wo chawal,wo roti,wo cheeni,wo pani Bhalay cheen lo mujsai meri jawani\"

Quote Originally Posted by Nazim Sahib View Post
    Hmm interesting.So normal 9mm ammo would work in this revolver?
    Yes definitely

Quote Originally Posted by Hadii View Post
    What's the barrel length look to me 4 inches. I have send u mail check it sometime when free
    Yes the HW 5 model typically comes with a 4 inch barrel.

My ex had a 2 inch barrel.

Member Emeritus
    The grips are wonderful.

Its an HW 5 grip on an HW 3

Hi Guys any update on 9mm revolvers did anyone find anything in Karachi Market yet? I have a .32 webley and scott but a 9mm would be a nice one to have since its a better caliber and ammo is cheap. @ED anything in the markets?

Quote Originally Posted by MTY View Post
    Hi Guys any update on 9mm revolvers did anyone find anything in Karachi Market yet? I have a .32 webley and scott but a 9mm would be a nice one to have since its a better caliber and ammo is cheap. @ED anything in the markets?
    None what soever.. Only revolvers i have seen are .22 lr (arminius) With Huffaz corp. Lucky star saddar karachi and .32 SnW long with Elahi Bux and co. A few .357 Tarusus are around.

But arguably the most-est-est beutifulest.. revolver i have ever seen in life.. is the utterly gorgeous Colt King Cobra .357 magnum.. The hammer the trigger.. Ahhhhh Soft as better. .. and the release was like glass breaking. i believe i put up a pic or 2 in the window shopping thread..

Its currently available at Bullseye (Irfan) and asking price was around 300k

Rookie
    Hadii, An interesting concept. The authorites (sp) were wise to put a low power revolver in the hands of those unfamiliar with firearms. The cartridge appears to be rimmed.

Several U.S. manufacturers tried full power 9mm rimmed and rimless cartridges for revolvers here but they just didn't sell. Don't know why.

ED, one of those cartridges is looking a little frosty. Time to pop it?

Name:  IMG-20190804-WA0008.jpg
Views: 172
Size:  41.0 KB

Dears plz review condition and price idea.
    Name:  IMG-20190804-WA0003.jpg
Views: 171
Size:  33.4 KBName:  IMG-20190804-WA0005.jpg
Views: 168
Size:  41.9 KBName:  IMG-20190804-WA0007.jpg
Size:  39.8 KB

No, you cannot use any type of standard or easily available .38/9mm ammunition in those Chinese police revolvers. The cartridge is similar to the old .38 S&W, but not interchangeable. That's exactly the point. If a policeman loses his gun, it will be impossible for criminals to find ammo and use the weapon. Only 3 or 4 examples of this special 9mm rimmed cartridge got into the US, and I am one of the lucky few who got one. I have never heard of one of the pistols getting out of China.

Quote Originally Posted by Zafar iqbal 2477 View Post
    Name:  IMG-20190804-WA0008.jpg
Views: 172
Size:  41.0 KB

Dears plz review condition and price idea.
    Name:  IMG-20190804-WA0003.jpg
Views: 171
Size:  33.4 KBName:  IMG-20190804-WA0005.jpg
Size:  41.9 KBName:  IMG-20190804-WA0007.jpg
Size:  39.8 KB

I have a more later version of This HW 5 ariminius. Mine has a back thumb rest as well, otherwuise my HW 5 is hte same as this one.

I purhcased it for 15k or so. Back in 215. Since ammo is very expensive, the prices have hovered close to the same. I would suggest any thing around 15k to 23k or os (going my prevailing markret rates in Karachi. )

Sir what do you say about Marks on full body,, rust or what else, dealer demanding 25k, do you think this condition is good and ui should buy or not.