Page 99 of 99 FirstFirst ... 4989979899
Results 1,961 to 1,977 of 1977

Thread: Competitive Shooting / Marksmanship Thread

  1. #1961
    Member Extraordinaire shahroze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Fod Street
    Posts
    3,185
    its from a rifle.
    Communist until you get rich; Feminist until you get married; Atheist until the airplane starts falling.

  2. #1962
    Supreme Member Leon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    City of High Flyings Birds
    Posts
    2,847
    It is from a rifle.

  3. #1963
    Expert Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    1,488
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    It is from a rifle.
    Oh.. pardon for such a naive question!

    BTW, still good shooting
    Islam began as something strange & will revert to being strange as it began, so give glad tidings to the strangers. (Muslim)

  4. #1964
    Supreme Member hmd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Karachi , Lahore
    Posts
    2,908
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    It is from a rifle.
    I thought from pistol . Still good groups .
    If you seek peace prepare for war .

  5. #1965
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Peshawar
    Posts
    719
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    Attachment 34435
    Today's Session concluded with this:
    5 shots @ 50 Yards
    The empty cases are rimmed and untapered. Which round is it?

  6. #1966
    Supreme Member Leon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    City of High Flyings Birds
    Posts
    2,847
    Quote Originally Posted by Ali D View Post
    The empty cases are rimmed and untapered. Which round is it?
    Oh! Come On! It is .22 LR.

  7. #1967
    Expert Member fezan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    1,512
    Quote Originally Posted by hmd View Post
    I thought from pistol . Still good groups .
    It is very very difficult to achieve such a group with pistol from 50 yards.
    Two most important days in your life:
    The day you were BORN & The day you find out WHY

  8. #1968
    Expert Member fezan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    1,512
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    It is from a rifle.
    very nice shooting Leon bro, keep it up
    Two most important days in your life:
    The day you were BORN & The day you find out WHY

  9. #1969
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Peshawar
    Posts
    719
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    Oh! Come On! It is .22 LR.
    Lols! The measly little 22.
    Now the whole time I was wondering are those .41 or .44 empties. Hahaha..

    Sorry bro.

  10. #1970
    PakGuns Expert Panel
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    2,238
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    @ Denovo87,This is pretty good result for military ammo.
    Military Ammo is supposed to be very accurate, how ever Match ammo is much more accurate, and hand loaded ammo can be tuned for ones individual rifle making it even more accurate than Match ammo for a given rifle.
    Military ammo (POF) after 2013, is more accurate than most imported hunting ammo available in the
    market.
    Now as far as barrel heating is concerned in a hunting rifle, these are all skinny light weight barrels to reduce weight as you carry these all day before firing one or two shots. These should not be fired more than twice or thrice in a minute by choice, emergencies aside as this will slowly damage the rifle. Generally if you want to extract a long ACCURATE LIFE from your rifle don't shoot more than a round a minute. Remember when it is too hot to touch, it is too hot to shoot.
    Kalashnikov or G3 can be fired at full auto or as fast as you want but then you don't want a 1 MOA group; it will give you Dinner plate or Minute of Elephant groups after repeated full auto firing.
    Some thoughts from JU.
    JU

  11. #1971
    Supreme Member zia raza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    karachi sindh pakistan
    Posts
    1,975
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeeter60 View Post
    Military Ammo is supposed to be very accurate, how ever Match ammo is much more accurate, and hand loaded ammo can be tuned for ones individual rifle making it even more accurate than Match ammo for a given rifle.
    Military ammo (POF) after 2013, is more accurate than most imported hunting ammo available in the
    market.
    Now as far as barrel heating is concerned in a hunting rifle, these are all skinny light weight barrels to reduce weight as you carry these all day before firing one or two shots. These should not be fired more than twice or thrice in a minute by choice, emergencies aside as this will slowly damage the rifle. Generally if you want to extract a long ACCURATE LIFE from your rifle don't shoot more than a round a minute. Remember when it is too hot to touch, it is too hot to shoot.
    Kalashnikov or G3 can be fired at full auto or as fast as you want but then you don't want a 1 MOA group; it will give you Dinner plate or Minute of Elephant groups after repeated full auto firing.
    Some thoughts from JU.
    Great advises sir, just want to ask when we buy a used weapon we usually check barrel by putting the ammo from projectile end in muzzle , is this a right way to check the condition of rifle, or are their any other ways through which we can get better results...
    Secondly how much projectile should enter in... Means the rifle is good to go... Some told me about approx 3/4 of the tip..
    an armed society is a polite society.(Robert A. Heinlein):.jhb)

  12. #1972
    PakGuns Expert Panel
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    2,238
    Quote Originally Posted by zia raza View Post
    Great advises sir, just want to ask when we buy a used weapon we usually check barrel by putting the ammo from projectile end in muzzle , is this a right way to check the condition of rifle, or are their any other ways through which we can get better results...
    Secondly how much projectile should enter in... Means the rifle is good to go... Some told me about approx 3/4 of the tip..
    Frankly this is no test of a rifle. Most rifles are hardly ever fired in Pakistan so you can be sure you are buying a new rifle despite the scratches or a few rust spots unless these are inside the barrel. 99.9999 % people over her do not fire their hunting rifles more than 10 or 20 times. Therefore you are buying a new rifle in reality. A barrel has a life of about 3000 rounds or so depending on Caliber and the way it was fired.
    JU

  13. #1973
    Supreme Member zia raza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    karachi sindh pakistan
    Posts
    1,975
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeeter60 View Post
    Frankly this is no test of a rifle. Most rifles are hardly ever fired in Pakistan so you can be sure you are buying a new rifle despite the scratches or a few rust spots unless these are inside the barrel. 99.9999 % people over her do not fire their hunting rifles more than 10 or 20 times. Therefore you are buying a new rifle in reality. A barrel has a life of about 3000 rounds or so depending on Caliber and the way it was fired.
    Thank u so much sir, and if we talk in general , does muzzle dia really matters ?
    an armed society is a polite society.(Robert A. Heinlein):.jhb)

  14. #1974
    PakGuns Expert Panel
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    2,238
    Quote Originally Posted by zia raza View Post
    Great advises sir, just want to ask when we buy a used weapon we usually check barrel by putting the ammo from projectile end in muzzle , is this a right way to check the condition of rifle, or are their any other ways through which we can get better results...
    Secondly how much projectile should enter in... Means the rifle is good to go... Some told me about approx 3/4 of the tip..
    I had told you it is a lay mans way to test a barrel condition by putting a bullet from the muzzle end. How ever for those people with no gauges the old soldiers and experienced hunters /Riflemen did have a method; This is as under:
    Take the Bolt out, Put a bullet in from the muzzle end with a complete cartridge pushing softly as far as it would go and as straight as possible, then point the rifle towards an illuminated wall not a source of light and view from the chamber if you see four or six ( as per number of Grooves) leaks of light the muzzle end of the barrel is NOT worn out due to Chord or Rod wear caused by dumb ass cleaning which ruins a barrel more than shooting, but if you see no light or very little light, than the rifle is likely worn out. There should be 4 or 6 prominent gaps from which light should be visible if the barrel is Good. NOTE this is a lay mans Test for one with little experience and no Gauges; this does tell some tale. It basically means the Lands are good and the Grooves are deep. Worn out lands when too close to the grooves mean a worn barrel. Actually a barrel hardly wears with a few thousand rounds, it is the throat which wears just ahead of the chamber and kills accuracy after 2- 4000 rounds depending on caliber. This bullet method reveals if a rifle muzzle which is critical to accuracy has been damaged by IMPROPER CLEANING. Out of thousands upon thousands of Rifles I have inspected most are damaged by improper cleaning by shoving a rod in a barrel from the Muzzle instead of the Chamber side or pulling a pull through from the Muzzle instead of from the Chamber side.
    Last edited by Skeeter60; 14-07-2015 at 08:06 AM.
    JU

  15. #1975
    Senior Member zainulabdeen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Sindh
    Posts
    702
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeeter60 View Post
    Out of thousands upon thousands of Rifles I have inspected most are damaged by improper cleaning by shoving a rod in a barrel from the Muzzle instead of the Chamber side or pulling a pull through from the Muzzle instead of from the Chamber side.
    your posts are always enlightening sir . What i understand from your above post is that
    1) cleaning rod should be inserted from chamber and pushed towards muzzle , even if the copper brush is attached with it and
    2) a pull through should be inserted from the muzzle end and should be pulled down from chamber .

    Am i right sir

  16. #1976
    PakGuns Expert Panel
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    2,238
    Quote Originally Posted by zainulabdeen View Post
    your posts are always enlightening sir . What i understand from your above post is that
    1) cleaning rod should be inserted from chamber and pushed towards muzzle , even if the copper brush is attached with it and
    2) a pull through should be inserted from the muzzle end and should be pulled down from chamber .

    Am i right sir
    absolutely right
    JU

  17. #1977
    Member Extraordinaire
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Sargodha
    Posts
    3,358
    @shooters please what are updates from bra,,,jima 1st shooting competition in bluchastan,where heavy prizes are announced,hope sir skeeter will win some prize,

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •