Page 3 of 99 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Competitive Shooting / Marksmanship Thread

Member Extraordinaire
    @target,target full size is looking 4x4 and bulleye surely 1/2 inch i am only best in long and bigbore shooter even 400mtr with hard trig g 3. 5 shot many time,with .22brno this is my first chance for friring with it:)

PakGuns Expert Panel
    Dr sahib this is great shooting considering the circumstances and the equipment. I can wel understand that how much shooting skill one needs to get similar results by using ordinary iron sights, unadjusted trigger(weight and creep) and off the shelf hunting rifle. You are indeed a good shot. This is also very interesting to know that you are a long range big bore shooter. I am also planing to enter into that league, but, you know there are many hurdles, like, availability of good bolt action rifles, prices of big bore rifle ammo and the most difficult one, arrangement of 300M rifle range.
    Last thing are you sure the bull of your target is 1/2"?
    \"You cannot build character and courage by taking away a man\'s initiative and independence.\"

PakGuns Expert Panel
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Hanif Malik
    @skeeter60,please give marks to this below target shooting from distance 47mtr with .22 brno:)
    excellant shooting. the bullet at 5 O clock hit a fly enroute to the target I think. ( just joking )
    From a Brno with iron sights and shooting free hand it is very good you should start serious Match Shooting at the Isbd Club.
    Best of Luck
    JU

@HasanJamshed,

The bull of the target is 1 inch.

PakGuns Expert Panel
    Thank you SA brother, One can not put 6 shots in 1/2" circle without making it a one holer, as, diameter of .22 LR is close to quarter of an inch.
    Even 1" bull dosen't undermine Dr sahibs shooting result. :)
    \"You cannot build character and courage by taking away a man\'s initiative and independence.\"

Indeed it does not :)

Member Extraordinaire
    @ s ayubi,you have a few taraget please get correct diamention in inches and centimeter please,but make sure this was my first shooting with .22:)

@ Dr. Hanif Sb,

The bull is 1.1 inch or 2.72 cms to be precise.

Member Extraordinaire
    @s ayubi thanks:)

Sirjee, thanks wanks chorain. Where is the cake for clearing all those tests and interviews?

Buhat buhat mubarak ho Hanif Sb. May Allah bless you and your family with peace, happiness and everlasting success.

PakGuns Expert Panel
    SA brother thank you for the update. Now just for information purpose, size of the bull and the successive circles on a 50m rifle target is as follows:

Bull or ten is of 10.4mm (1.04cm), with an inner circle of 5mm called inner 10.
    Every next circle is made by adding 16mm in the prvious circle.

9 will be 26.4mm
    8 will be 42.4mm
    7 will be 56.4mm and so on upto 1.

Member Extraordinaire
    @hasanjamshed,sir this target looking oval shape,is it not round?secondly, so small target how we can see from 50mtr,difficult to foccus from long distance:)

Member Extraordinaire
    @ s ayubi,all mitahi for you ,but weight already increasing:)

Supreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Salahuddin Ayubi
    That's the point. Spread enough awareness and inject such an interest in this sport that the demand gets created and when we have demand, we'll see new ranges / shooting clubs popping up all across the country.

One way of starting here is that whoever does target practice, should post his results (and pics) and share his experience with everyone (be it with pistol or rifle) and our senior marksmen like Skeeters and Munir may observe and give valuable tips and suggestions.

Moreover, city-wise PG members should gather their resources (references/contacts) and try to hold monthly GTGs at either PNS Karsaz Shooting range OR some other make-shift range at a farm/agri land on the outskirts of their respective cities where it is relatively easy to shoot without any problem. Then each member can post his results here and share them with everyone.

We can also have one or two senior members who are good at Markmanship assigned for each city and who could guide the other shooters within that city and identify and correct their mistakes.
    Aoa
    Karsaz, is it still open for new admissions.

best regards
    Vik
    Advance skills are the basics mastered.

@ Vik,

Information obtained yesterday from PNS Karsaz member was that, yes, they're open, but the process is taking around 6 to 8 months.

@ Hanif Malik Sb,

:lol: :lol: :lol: Jee sir, weight is really increasing fast.

@ Hassan Jamshed,

Thanks for the info bro. This target was a 25 yrds one.
    This was mentioned on it: "9B/2632 (6FT) 500/25Yds BCM/MCQZ"

PakGuns Expert Panel
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Hanif Malik
    @hasanjamshed,sir this target looking oval shape,is it not round?secondly, so small target how we can see from 50mtr,difficult to foccus from long distance:)
    Dr Sahab, The target posted by HJ is the one, it is very much round and now you understand how much effort is required to place all 60 shots into a one cm 10 ring?
    Actually one does not look at the ten ring but centers the black into the apperture sights,and while you are concentrating to keep the sights and the black aiming mark centered the rifle fires ( Surprise Break ) the jargon of marksmen.
    The whole finnesse lies in the Surprise Break of the trigger; if the trigger control is ideal you will niether anticipate the firing of the shot nor will it. I t becomes part of the aiming process.
    One dangerous pit fall I want to point to some of our brothers is reducing trigger weight. A trigger of about 3 and a half pounds is safe and easy to control /master, lighter triggers are not only dangerous on hunting/plinking rifles but very difficult to master. The trigger should have least Backlash, no creep and uniform trigger Wt.

The trigger Wt allowed in the Centre Fire Pistol event is supposed to be at least 1360 grammes (about 3.5 pounds), In the Standard and Rapid Fire pistol at least 1000 grammes/one Kg.
    In the Free or Three position rifle only the trigger Wts are lighter.
    JU

Quote Originally Posted by Skeeter60
    The whole finnesse lies in the Surprise Break of the trigger; if the trigger control is ideal you will niether anticipate the firing of the shot nor will it. I t becomes part of the aiming process.
    Thanks as always Sir for enlightening us with your knowledge.

Dr. Hanif did tell me about what's quoted above (Surprise Break) and advised me to apply this while practicing with my pistol too.

Moreover, please explain what is trigger backlash?

Looking foward to meeting you on Sunday Inshallah.

PakGuns Expert Panel
    Moreover, please explain what is trigger backlash?
    Is this after creep??? or, coming back of the trigger after releasing the striker?. Sir skeeter please explain this for us.

The sweetest pleasure comes from touching a real murderous BG from a range of 600m
    Agreed, true for hunting with rifles as well , unless u r on paper on the range , chances of you getting atrophy in the field are minuscule :)

The sweetest pleasure comes from touching a real murderous BG from a range of 600m
    Especially when the BG is