Page 1 of 99 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Competitive Shooting / Marksmanship Thread

What competitive shooting do y'all do in Pakistan?

IPSC?

Bulleseye?

Please share.

================================================== ===========================

MOD NOTE: ALL COMPETITIVE SHOOTING / MARKSMANSHIP RELATED THREADS HAVE BEEN MERGED HERE

================================================== ===========================
    Steve walks warily down the street, with the brim pulled way down low.
    Aint no sound but the sound of his feet, machine guns ready to go.

Hi Steve,

Don't fall for my nick, I am the worst shot here in Karachi. Bullseye is just a wishful thinking. :D
    We do have a number of crack shots here like Imu10 and Shariq (our PakGuns members) who have proved their talents at the local Navy firing range. I think they'll be able to contribute in a better way.

Cheers
    Shot placement is king, penetration is queen, and having a gun in a gunfight is emperor to all.

PakGuns Expert Panel
    Following shooting competitions are held in National Games:

Pistol:

Standard Pistol
    Free Pistol
    Big Bore
    Air Pistol

Rifle:

Rifle Three Position
    Rifle 300M (With & without scope)
    Air rifle

In rifle clubs like ours LRC(Lahore Rifle Club) some informal events also take place like Bulls Eye(We call it Thoothi) with pistol at 15M, 50M and with rifle offhand at 50M. There was a competition of BR as wel at 50M.
    \"You cannot build character and courage by taking away a man\'s initiative and independence.\"

Blog Entries
    Thanks Hasan, WARNA SAWAL PARH KAR MAIN TO MUNH CHUPPA RAHA THA...
    Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others.

Quote Originally Posted by Denovo87
    Its not that bad in Pakistan. If you do bit of in depth analysis then you will be able to find that most of such sports are present in Pakistan.
    People can always forgive the insult put on to them by you but they can never forget it.
    "My Mother"

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Adeel Ahmad
    Quote Originally Posted by Denovo87
    Its not that bad in Pakistan. If you do bit of in depth analysis then you will be able to find that most of such sports are present in Pakistan.
    Adeel, koi firing range hay Multan main jahan aap fauj kay contact kay baghair ja sakain? koi muqala e shooting hota hai wahan? kia pakistan me koi shooting tournament hota hai jahan aik aam admi hissa lay sakay? koi range, tournament ya event IPSC say affiliated hay?
    Bhai, main is mulk maim pichlay 48 sal say rah rahan hoon (app say shaied dugnee umar hay mairee), is say muhabat karta hoon aur koi aisee baat nahin kar sakta jis main mairy mulk kee badnaami ho, issi liyay jo likha urdu main.
    Pakistan ko "BAD" na keh sakta hoon na kissi kay munh say sunkar bardasht kar sakta hoon.

+1 Denovo87.

Btw what does your user ID signifies? If I may ask.
    Shot placement is king, penetration is queen, and having a gun in a gunfight is emperor to all.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullseye
    +1 Denovo87.

Btw what does your user ID signifies? If I may ask.
    Thanks bro, DENOVO means, from the begining or re-starting some thing from scratch etc (a latin world), & 87....... a long story bro.

Member Emeritus Enigmatic Desires's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by StevenCline

IPSC?

Bulleseye?

Please share.
    IPSC IDPA aren't in vague here. we go for the relatively more prosaic straight shoots
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

obviously you restarted something in 87, some day we'll have a chat on that.

Over & Out

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullseye
    obviously you restarted something in 87, some day we'll have a chat on that.

Over & Out
    You are right my brother, started a new life without someone.

Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatic Desires
    Quote Originally Posted by StevenCline

IPSC?

Bulleseye?

Please share.
    IPSC IDPA aren't in vague here. we go for the relatively more prosaic straight shoots
    "Not in vogue," does that mean not at all, or just very small?

Is that because of shooter preference?

Or have ranges resisted dynamic shooting? (Fear of fast draws and running with guns)
    Steve walks warily down the street, with the brim pulled way down low.
    Aint no sound but the sound of his feet, machine guns ready to go.

Hi StevenCline. Warm welcome to PakGuns. These may help with your query

The Nationals
    http://www.pakguns.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=477

Selection trails for SAF-Dhaka
    http://www.pakguns.com/forum/viewtop...d=30487#p30487

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sport_in_Pakistan#Shooting

Navy opens its doors to shooting as sport
    http://www.dailytimes.com.pk/default...0-2008_pg12_11

KARACHI: Sharpshooters take aim at navy firing range
    http://www.dawn.com/wps/wcm/connect/...ring-range-269

Pakistan strikes double gold in SA Shooting
    http://pakistantimes.net/pt/detail.php?newsId=2283
    "Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons." (General Douglas MacArthur)

Member Emeritus Enigmatic Desires's Avatar
    All of the above..

I have yet to hear of any IDPA style shoots organised in any of the gun clubs incorporating their trade mark (reasonably )realistic real world scenarios . how ever if people are playing informally. Cant really say
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

Steven, Its nice to know your interest in PAKISTAN scene. Let me summarize few things which can enable you to understand the overall scenario.
    1. GUNS are very expensive here, especially premium products like GLOCKS etc. A GLOCK 17 costs around $4000 here. This makes the ownership a very exclusive affair. Thats why Chinese 7.62 (.30 calibre) handguns & 9mm s are the most common. A chinese SIG clone costs around $500 in the local market.
    2. Ammo is also very expensive. 9mm chinese ammo costs around $45 per 100 rounds. That also makes things a lot on the up side considering our per capita income.
    3. Ranges & clubs are very few. You can say only 3 in whole of PAKISTAN.
    Despite all this GUNS are a very traditional things here. They are regarded are a MAN's JEWELLERY. Lot of enthusiasts here prefer it over owning a nice car etc etc. Also in certain TRIBAL & remote areas where you can see a lot of guns , you will be amazed at the shooting skills the people can display. In my opinion its always the passion which counts above esay access or availablity, otherwise similar countries like ours in SOUTH AMERICA would not have been producing so much classy soccer players
    “Action without thought is like shooting without aim.”

The purpose of starting this thread is to create awareness and promote the great sport of competitive shooting / marksmanship.

It has been my observation that we have started focusing too much on the SD/HD side in our discussions and have almost forgotten about promoting this sport in our country.

I take this opportunity to invite some of our senior members here including Sir Skeeters, Munir Sb, and the like so that they may share their knowledge and experience with us in this regard and teach and promote the sport of competitive shooting and marksmanship.

That is going to be a great idea... I am on it too...
    I will love if experienced shooters among us like our great Skeeter sb provide some start up tips and tricks for members who want to do practical shooting and master the art.
    SA bro as you mentioned we're only up to SD/HD thingy, I'll rather support if we get tips on both, i,e defensive/tactical shooting, and pistol/rifle marksmanship. Hope to keep it to the basics/entry level details and I second this idea of promoting shooting as a sports.
    My finger on the trigger with what's so foreign in my sights ..... Anger rise !
    We wage a war ... our nature to preserve... By any means... our enemies be gone...!
    No longer can we wait, As an enemy drains our future,As the light of a new day shines, Our anger fuels our march this dawn

Enthusiast
    With the flux of members the desire to discuss hd/sd increased,, which is altogether not unimportant, taking into account our present security scenario,, but still there are many among us like me who visit the forum frequently but seeing nothing more than Handguns and hd/sd leave without much deliberation.
    @SA hope ur effort to rekindle the sport goes successful.
    Guns for peace

Quote Originally Posted by MUSTANIR
    With the flux of members the desire to discuss hd/sd increased,, which is altogether not unimportant, taking into account our present security scenario,, but still there are many among us like me who visit the forum frequently but seeing nothing more than Handguns and hd/sd leave without much deliberation.
    @SA hope ur effort to rekindle the sport goes successful.
    Which is why it is all the more important that we make extra efforts and start promoting shooting as a sport here at PG.

Blog Entries
    Nice effort SA bro but how can we discuss the sport we (most of us) donot have opportunity to practice/participate in ?
    By the way I love this sport, fired about 150 rounds of .22 yesterday on my roof plinking bottles, bricks and what ever I could find to hit (safely) with my erma :)