Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: advice me a deer hunting rifle

Quote Originally Posted by makarov9x18 View Post
    i think mosan nagnant is being used pretty widely in the west for the deer hunting purpose its world war 2 models still work like a charm and its ammo is also available in handsome amount in peshawar and quetta area it will cost you from 35k to 100k i think
    bro do these original mosin nagant's still available ??? i mean zerometers

Quote Originally Posted by D3AD! View Post
    bro do these original mosin nagant's still available ??? i mean zerometers
    Bro I doubt if you will get a New Mosin Nagant but if you find one even old grab it . It won't be very expensive but finding ammo will be a problem .
    If you seek peace prepare for war .

Quote Originally Posted by hmd View Post
    Bro I doubt if you will get a New Mosin Nagant but if you find one even old grab it . It won't be very expensive but finding ammo will be a problem .
    bro i need some cheap fun, pa own a 7mm rifle its damn costly for me to shoot it at regular basis last time i shoot it nearly an year ago and just 6-7 cartridges, if its ammo is going to be expensive then definatly its not for me

bro i need some cheap fun, pa own a 7mm rifle its damn costly for me to shoot it at regular basis last time i shoot it nearly an year ago and just 6-7 cartridges, if its ammo is going to be expensive then definatly its not for me
    Bro surplus ammo won't be expensive but hard to find S&B or Privi ammo is going to be expensive . Try DAK you will find surplus 7.62x54r ammo over there or in KPK you can get a good deal there . Don't know about LHE and forget about KHI . The only problem with 7mm and 7mm mag is that it's to expensive to shoot .
    Last edited by hmd; 25-09-2014 at 03:51 AM.
    If you seek peace prepare for war .

Supreme Member
    It's funny you said that. I know a few people who love guns and can actually afford to shoot all the time. But they don't, because they just can't stand the thought of burning money. Which is kind of what we do

The man who fears no truth has nothing to fear from lies.
    (Thomas Jefferson)

Quote Originally Posted by Fudgepacker View Post
    It's funny you said that. I know a few people who love guns and can actually afford to shoot all the time. But they don't, because they just can't stand the thought of burning money. Which is kind of what we do
    yes, bro you are right but all people can't afford all sort of things, Guns are my passion my first and last love for one of the man made inventions, but in limits, i discourage this idea of shooting away the money which can be used by your siblings and family members for there needs or for helping needy jobless persons which are left to live on there own fate
    just give it a thought

suppose a surplus 7mm mag for 150

if i buy even 10 of them it would be 1500 this money could be saved if i get some comparitively cheaper round like .308, i can have big fun with .308s and because they are cheaper i can buy more .308 ammo which means more fun and more practice or i can just buy 10 .308s and give rest of money to someone who is dying for each penny , those who don't display themselves as begger , now i can have my fun and a satisfaction of my little contribution of easing somebodies misries and sufferings

Expert Member
    suppose a surplus 7mm mag for 150

if i buy even 10 of them it would be 1500 this money could be saved if i get some comparitively cheaper round like .308, i can have big fun with .308s and because they are cheaper i can buy more .308 ammo which means more fun and more practice or i can just buy 10 .308s and give rest of money to someone who is dying for each penny , those who don't display themselves as begger , now i can have my fun and a satisfaction of my little contribution of easing somebodies misries and sufferings
    7mm mag was never a military adopted so surplus is out of question.
    Regarding 308, only LEA ammo is cheap & getting it legally is not a simple task. A high ranked army officer can get 200 to 300 rounds annually. However rest of ammo is not documented & pilfer aged. Any imported & legal acquired ammo is north of 300PKR per round at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahmad View Post
    Regarding 308, only LEA ammo is cheap & getting it legally is not a simple task. A high ranked army officer can get 200 to 300 rounds annually. However rest of ammo is not documented & pilfer aged. Any imported & legal acquired ammo is north of 300PKR per round at the moment.
    ok bro, so what can suit me ??? tell me any suitable round

Quote Originally Posted by Ahmad View Post

that is why i wrote "suppose a surplus 7mm mag"
    i don't know brother either you ment pak military by that or any other...
    but this round is being used my USA law inforcement

Here is the proof:
    It has also been chambered in sniper rifles as the US Secret Service counter-sniper team has deployed this cartridge in urban areas. Popular online gun author Chuck Hawks calls the 7mm Remington "one of the great all-around rifle cartridges.

source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/7mm_Remington_Magnum

"i know that it is used by USA military so thinking of its surplus availabilty in pk is useless..... just posted for your info that it is indeed used by millitary"

ok which round should i go for ???