Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: why revolvers?

Expert Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatic Desires View Post
    To be politically correct I also own (and sometimes) carry a 9mm.

But lethel looks and ammo capacity take a back seat in an SD situation. Then hte only hting that counts is Reliability (and more reliability)

Remember U had a couple of dud rounds in our last range session.. ANd U had to manualy chamber fresh ones. In an SD situation U can go "Time out". Wiht a wheelie U would have simply kept on shooting dud round be damned!
    Ed brother, for reliability one can go for quality ammo for SD/HD to minimize if not eliminate the chance of Dud round...!

hence Auto Loader again bypasses revolver
    Islam began as something strange & will revert to being strange as it began, so give glad tidings to the strangers. (Muslim)

Member Emeritus Enigmatic Desires's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 1stranger View Post
    Ed brother, for reliability one can go for quality ammo for SD/HD to minimize if not eliminate the chance of Dud round...!

hence Auto Loader again bypasses revolver
    The EZ 9 was supposed to be issue less.. And I believe U used imported ammo. Yet......

Now no need to disassemble or reassemble the mags with a revolver. And no dout that there will be FTFe
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

Expert Member
    The EZ 9 was supposed to be issue less.. And I believe U used imported ammo. Yet......

Now no need to disassemble or reassemble the mags with a revolver. And no dout that there will be FTFe

hahaha Ed br you got me....

But still I learned that probably that was my fault whether less lubrication or improper mag feeding.... no problem of EZ9 though...

And also I personally consider Chinese as better than POF at present, but not count it in my quality ammo list, you can call them hybrid brand too as people find rounds in china boxes which are refilled here... so its a basically a joint venture product...

By Quality ammo I meant Federal to S&B...

Baqi, Br No FTE with again quality ammo (in fact did not face any with 'hybrid brand' too in my gun)
    Islam began as something strange & will revert to being strange as it began, so give glad tidings to the strangers. (Muslim)

Again.. I can use any ammo I like local or imported. Desi.. Chenee or angrezi

The worst that will happen is I will have to press the trigger again.

And I can use .32 ACP ammo in my .32 S&W long in a pinch. Now if I were to use the .32 S&W Long ammo in a .32 acp pistol. BANG!

I can also use .32 Short as well.

Waisay I have fired the CZ 999 as well at the range. The one I used had gone manual .. I.e the slide stopped after every round and I had to release it by hand.

No such isses with the wheelie. Besides I also dont have to worry about mags. If your mag goes your weapon effectively becomes a gient paper waight.

With my PT 92 I am always on a lookout for new mags. In case God forbid something happens to my primrary mags.
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

Expert Member
    Again.. I can use any ammo I like local or imported. Desi.. Chenee or angrezi

The worst that will happen is I will have to press the trigger again.

And I can use .32 ACP ammo in my .32 S&W long in a pinch. Now if I were to use the .32 S&W Long ammo in a .32 acp pistol. BANG!

I can also use .32 Short as well.

Waisay I have fired the CZ 999 as well at the range. The one I used had gone manual .. I.e the slide stopped after every round and I had to release it by hand.

No such isses with the wheelie. Besides I also dont have to worry about mags. If your mag goes your weapon effectively becomes a gient paper waight.

With my PT 92 I am always on a lookout for new mags. In case God forbid something happens to my primrary mags.

ED brother... ok that you can interchange many type of rounds, but that fact cannot be a big difference in SD/HD scenario, since we are talking in that perceptive...

Whichever ammo you have at the end you have only 6 shots... and if in SD/HD situation if one shots 2 warning shots, and include one or two duds ( as you include them in auto loaders ) so, then how many rounds one remain with.. and if God forbid, attackers are multiple, lets presume at least 2... then one has only round 1 per attacker... and sadly civilians are not welcomed in Chiratt for commando training... so keep the accuracy factor of civilians too...

Also in reloading, timing is essential in S/D situation...and in this Auto loader wins hand down... if already filled...!

Baqi, Br the most with desi round one has to do is not just pulling the trigger again, but .... God Forbid...

May ALLAH SWT keep al of us safe and blessed. Aameen

P.S.. Ed brother this discussion is just for knowledge and for some shughal... don't mind continuing replies..

Yesterday night I tried loading unloading my 9mm pistol. The Round got stuck midway between the feed ramp and the chamber. I guess the mag was not seated properly.

I pushed the mag upwards with my pinkie finger while racking the slide. The issue was solved. But it took me a swollen finger due to repeated chambering before I was able to figure out what was wrong.

Yet another reason why I use my revolver as a carry weapon.
    malfunctions can happen in revolvers too

My wife has an original S&W in .32long. While practicing at the range it would refuse to fire (no amount of pulling would bring the trigger back, nor able to manually cock the hammer) repeatedly. I was shocked at the moody behaviour of the gun, the only reason i had exchanged my wife's carry piece from a semi-auto pistol to a wheelie was the reliability factor, alas!

A lot of people I spoke to also told me of issues they have faced with their wheelies, I guess we can't really say that one is better than the other. It's all about personal preference... None of my semi-autos have ever given me any trouble except for one striker-fired which was swiftly disposed off after repeated misfires after initially going thru 5000 rounds flawlessly. kher i digressed.

the point being, shit happens!

I still prefer the smoother action and capacity of a pistol and ease of disassembling and fixing things oneself as opposed to going to a gunsmith (which actually got my wife's wheelie fixed)

buy a good quality gun and stay away from cheap clones and locals and you're fine
    Paranoia saves lives...

Remember U had a couple of dud rounds in our last range session.. ANd U had to manualy chamber fresh ones. In an SD situation U can go "Time out". Wiht a wheelie U would have simply kept on shooting dud round be damned!
    with ample practice and dedication one can overcome the difficulty in doing this, IF there is a dud and/or other malfunction, a speedy TAP-RACK-BANG or other well-rehearsed drill can and does help.

I often ask a friend to load my mags with intermittent spent shells to surprise me during a session, it helps in knowing what to do in case a dud etc appears
    Paranoia saves lives...

Quote Originally Posted by Ashes View Post

My wife has an original S&W in .32long. While practicing at the range it would refuse to fire (no amount of pulling would bring the trigger back, nor able to manually cock the hammer) repeatedly. I was shocked at the moody behaviour of the gun, the only reason i had exchanged my wife's carry piece from a semi-auto pistol to a wheelie was the reliability factor, alas!

A lot of people I spoke to also told me of issues they have faced with their wheelies, I guess we can't really say that one is better than the other. It's all about personal preference... None of my semi-autos have ever given me any trouble except for one striker-fired which was swiftly disposed off after repeated misfires after initially going thru 5000 rounds flawlessly. kher i digressed.

I still prefer the smoother action and capacity of a pistol and ease of disassembling and fixing things oneself as opposed to going to a gunsmith (which actually got my wife's wheelie fixed)

buy a good quality gun and stay away from cheap clones and locals and you're fine
    Well said bro and One should always practice with their weapon at the range with scenario as well so you can handle your weapon in these type of situations where you have to face FTE and FTF so you can deal with it shit happens . Practice makes perfect .
    If you seek peace prepare for war .

Expert Member
    with ample practice and dedication one can overcome the difficulty in doing this, IF there is a dud and/or other malfunction, a speedy TAP-RACK-BANG or other well-rehearsed drill can and does help.

I often ask a friend to load my mags with intermittent spent shells to surprise me during a session, it helps in knowing what to do in case a dud etc appears

Well said brother, in fact the method to practice dud rounds is very good..

By the way, a question do spent shells of pistol work practically like snap caps?
    Also do they harm firing pin or cause any other damage to gun? ( I consider not , but just want to know your experience)

That's a good practice bro and you have been practicing in a big way saw that on Sama TV One have to create situations which you might face .Their are lot of drills on net which you can learn and practice which helps in a big way .
    If you seek peace prepare for war .

Quote Originally Posted by 1stranger View Post
    ED brother... ok that you can interchange many type of rounds, but that fact cannot be a big difference in SD/HD scenario, since we are talking in that perceptive...

Whichever ammo you have at the end you have only 6 shots... and if in SD/HD situation if one shots 2 warning shots, and include one or two duds ( as you include them in auto loaders ) so, then how many rounds one remain with.. and if God forbid, attackers are multiple, lets presume at least 2... then one has only round 1 per attacker... and sadly civilians are not welcomed in Chiratt for commando training... so keep the accuracy factor of civilians too...

Also in reloading, timing is essential in S/D situation...and in this Auto loader wins hand down... if already filled...!

Baqi, Br the most with desi round one has to do is not just pulling the trigger again, but .... God Forbid...

May ALLAH SWT keep al of us safe and blessed. Aameen

P.S.. Ed brother this discussion is just for knowledge and for some shughal... don't mind continuing replies..

WHy should I mind.. Hell I have both. And after all they are both guns. Its just that I find one more convenient then the other for a verity of reasons as mentioned above.

I have a 7 shot wheelie. I might do one warning shot. But NO more.

A couple of duds means I still have 4 rounds. and if I cant stop the perp/s in 4 rounds then I guess its not my day.

(On the assumtion that getting down on my knees and begging does not work)

Oh.. I had the same issue with my snubbie as well. I loosened the screw that holds the cylinder in place. Thats it. Sometimes when its too tight the weapon will seize. Once I got it nice and lose never had an issue.

Its just that I find one more convenient then the other for a verity of reasons as mentioned above.
    egg-jacktlee!!!
    Paranoia saves lives...

I am flattered.. (Honoured too)

I had added some points in later posts in the same thread. U may collate them in one post.
    If I'm going to host someone else's words, I'm going to pick the best!

I'll update this thread with a link to my site when I finish the page.

Quote Originally Posted by TRX View Post
    If I'm going to host someone else's words, I'm going to pick the best!

I'll update this thread with a link to my site when I finish the page.
    Yes.. sure that would be nice..

BTW I got a fellow member to have his pistol lic converted to revolver. He now owns a 6 shot .32 S&W long.

Yes.. sure that would be nice..

BTW I got a fellow member to have his pistol lic converted to revolver. He now owns a 6 shot .32 S&W long.
    you tainted the poor soul..!!!
    Paranoia saves lives...

you tainted the poor soul..!!!
    Hmm.. U got tainted ages back remember??

Revolver are bullshit or awsome

what makes a revolver superior to pistol ???
    or
    Do people buy just them for classy touch ???
    or
    It is more like a matter of prefferance just ???

share you thoughts plz

Quote Originally Posted by Fraz View Post
    revolvers r ____
    no they are not,they are just ugly looking stupid machiens

i like the looks used to have .38 s&w but i grew tired of it so off it went
    Its not the gun but the man behind the gun that matters