Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New edition... Enfield No.2 MK I** .38 cal

Enthusiast

New edition... Enfield No.2 MK I** .38 cal

New addition to my collection...Enfield No.2 MK I** .38 cal, (spur-less hammer specially modified for British tank corps. Manufactured during war time in 1943 and stamped as EFD for Enfield)
    presently doing some research on this revolver...and marks on it...will share details soon...
    if any one has info regarding this revolver, plz share
    regards

Name:  IMG_1470.jpg
Views: 1341
Size:  101.2 KBName:  IMG_1478.jpg
Views: 1686
Size:  101.7 KB

Enthusiast
    stamped as DI.... D has a "-" in between... EFD...war time stamp for enfield

That's a really good revolver brother, that's a keeper...
    If God didn't want us to have GUNS, He wouldn't have given us GUN fingers...

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by raff View Post
    That's a really good revolver brother, that's a keeper...
    thnx alot

What modification paid to the tank crews by chopping its hammer'z tail , it might have turned this revolver to a merely SA gun. Good to keep it as an old inventory.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Haider Shah View Post
    What modification paid to the tank crews by chopping its hammer'z tail , it might have turned this revolver to a merely SA gun. Good to keep it as an old inventory.
    actualy the tail of hammer used to get stuck in tank in tight spaces...so dats y its been choped off...converting it to DA only

Member Extraordinaire ajmal virk's Avatar
    Nice Revolver bro.

Nice revolver bro. Congrats....
    "Guns are smart enough. We need smarter politicians"
    "The right to buy weapons is the right to be free!!!"

Enthusiast
    thnx alot evry one

Quote Originally Posted by Salman_hunter View Post
    actualy the tail of hammer used to get stuck in tank in tight spaces...so dats y its been choped off...converting it to DA only
    Sir this theory does not sound logical,how an old time huge tank space became so tight for a revolver hammer once those tanks used to be spacious e.g Shermans were having more crew ? once weapons like M3 Grease gun, sterling, sten were the side weapons for the tank crew, if a tittly bitly hammer used to stuck then what about their combat dress ? Why this revolver shape was built for tank crew exclusively , and why tank crew were not issued with pistols,how with a chopped tail it became DA. Your collection is very precious which should be argued with these queries , regards

Beautiful revolver.
    “If frogs had side pockets, they'd carry hand guns.”
    Dan Rather

Enthusiast
    Sir this theory does not sound logical,how an old time huge tank space became so tight for a revolver hammer once those tanks used to be spacious e.g Shermans were having more crew ? once weapons like M3 Grease gun, sterling, sten were the side weapons for the tank crew, if a tittly bitly hammer used to stuck then what about their combat dress ? Why this revolver shape was built for tank crew exclusively , and why tank crew were not issued with pistols,how with a chopped tail it became DA. Your collection is very precious which should be argued with these queries , regards
    AOA brother...
    well, i hv taken this info from various enfield forums...and all have the same explanation.....let me paste the exact wordings..
    "There are three main versions of the Enfield No.2 Mk I revolver. The first is the original No.2 Mk I that was first adopted on June 2, 1932. The second version is the Mk I*. The MK I* had a spurless hammer and Enfield removed the single action notch from the hammer which made this version strictly double action only. The third version is the Mk I**, which was a variant of the Mk I*. This was a simplified version for wartime production and adopted on July 29 1942. This version eliminated the hammer safety stop. While the elimination of this feature made the revolver appreciably easier to produce, it proved an altogether false economy since it gave the revolver an alarming tendency to accidentally discharge if it was dropped. This version was discontinued and recalled and later converted back to the MK I* configuration in the post war years"
    "The vast majority of the Enfield No.2 Mk I revolvers were modified to the Mk I* configuration during WWII. This generally happened as they came in for repair or general maintenance. The official explanation of the change to the Mk I* version was that the British Tank Corps had complained that the spur on the hammer was catching on protrusions inside tanks, but most historians nowadays believe that the real reason was that the Mk I* version was cheaper and faster to manufacture"

this is extract from one of the forum...many international are one the same grid mentioning it as "tankers model"

i hope this may clr ur queries...
    regards

Enthusiast
    @mr haider.....my revolver shows 1943...so its typical example of war time production
    @ mr Safdar Mahmood...indeed..... thnxx

Member Emeritus
    Looks nice wheelgun.. a collectable item.

Quote Originally Posted by Salman_hunter View Post
    AOA brother...
    well, i hv taken this info from various enfield forums...and all have the same explanation.....let me paste the exact wordings..

" British Tank Corps had complained that the spur on the hammer was catching on protrusions inside tanks, but most historians nowadays believe that the real reason was that the Mk I* version was cheaper and faster to manufacture"

this is extract from one of the forum...many international are one the same grid mentioning it as "tankers model"

regards

Though the above quoted crux also substantiate what is mentioned at my previous post, beside historians a common man also has the same observation, these queries are to broaden my knowledge about your rare weapon and you are the right person to debate about it, this study will ultimately surface the reality verses myth , thanks for taking the discussion positively , regards
    Last edited by Haider Shah; 19-01-2014 at 07:35 AM.

When ever you open the mechanism through side plate , please share pics of notch & leaf , thanks

Enthusiast
    Though the above quoted crux also substantiate what is mentioned at my previous post, beside historians a common man also has the same observation, these queries are to broaden my knowledge about your rare weapon and you are the right person to debate about it, this study will ultimately surface the reality verses myth , thanks for taking the discussion positively , regards
    AOA bro

one point that comes to my mind is that by only choping of the tail, how much cost would hv been reduced to manyfacture one unit?
    i dont think so cost would hv been any prob for British...
    yea sure....i will take the pix and post it here soon....i also need sm1 who could tell me abt this revolver and research abt it...

m tryng to register at some international forums, ppl seem bit expert in this revolver...the markings on it etc etc....

regards

sallam all
    any one tel me the price of a mecarove 38 pistal

Member Emeritus Enigmatic Desires's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by alsyedbros View Post
    sallam all
    Never heard of such a weapon. Do u mean the 9x18 makarov?
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by alsyedbros View Post
    sallam all
    makarov russian?