Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Khyber Pukhtunkhwa (KPK) - Provincial licence

Khyber Pukhtunkhwa (KPK) - Provincial licence

Dear Moderators

One of my friends has some questions about KPK licence which he requested me to post. I searched but found no thread specifically for KPK (other than one for KPK Arms Policy). If you will allow, I think there should be separate threads for licences from different provinces as all have some differences in policy or procedure.

The questions are:

1. After issuance of licence by DCO of district, what is process for "All Pakistan" conversion?

2. DCO Arms staff refused to include retainer at the time of issue of licence. They said first put weapon number on license, then retainer will be added. Is this the procedure in all districts or only in Mardan?

3. What is the process if he wants to take off gun from his licence in KPK (through dealer) and put on gun on same licence in Khi?

After he has got All Pakistan and Retainer endorsements from KPK, he wants to go to dealer in Mardan to take gun off, bring licence to Karachi and take weapon (family heirloom) in Karachi from his cousin's licence. Is permission required from anyone (KPK or Sindh Home Department or respective DCOs) for anything or simple dealers can manage?

If any brother can provide guidance both my friend and I would be grateful.

Best wishes
    Last edited by RockyChaudhry; 10-12-2013 at 07:34 PM. Reason: small change

Enthusiast
    Answer 01. First of all after getting provincial license purchase a weapon on it, get duly registered in dco office after that, pay conversion to all pakistan fee i think it is 2k give license and fee to license clerk he will get it converted to all pakistan from peshawar so it will take some time i think 7 to 10 working days.
    Answer02. Yes, it is the procedure for all the distts of kpk
    answer 03. Legally not possible.

No permission is required but weapon must be registered in kpk ie in mardan the license issuing distt.

There is a legal short cut my bro.my advice is to follow this

the license on which that particular gun is regisetered and your friend wants it on his license, bring it to mardan through courier and the license clerk in dc office mardan will do the rest.
    No need to bring weapon bring only the license. In this case no need to purchase a number or weapon on the license.

rocky sultan.qureshi78@gmail.com email me I will guide you about getting / offloading gun at khi.
    No need to buy intermediate gun.
    In Sawaloon or Jawaboon may khoie zaat.....yahee tu hay hamari hayyat

1. After issuance of licence by DCO of district, what is process for "All Pakistan" conversion?

Go to NBP and get your license
    register first. If the license is let say issued in dec 2013 for civilian wait for 2-3 moths before submitting application to same DC for all pak.

2. DCO Arms staff refused to include retainer at the time of issue of licence. They said first put weapon number on license, then retainer will be added. Is this the procedure in all districts or only in Mardan?

Why do you need retainer ? Retainer is nothing so leave this part. If you still need go to any dealer and ask him to put number on your license and give you receipt only , no need to buy actual gun. Just a number for DC entry. Dealer will charge upto 2500 for this virtual gun as you need to offload as well.

3. What is the process if he wants to take off gun from his licence in KPK (through dealer) and put on gun on same licence in Khi?

Go to DC show him the dealer entry an receipt [dc people never check weapon], Include retainer which is free though you need to give the dc guy "kharcha pani". When retainer done come back to same dealer and ask him to offload the gun. Now your license is empty

After he has got All Pakistan and Retainer endorsements from KPK, he wants to go to dealer in Mardan to take gun off, bring licence to Karachi and take weapon (family heirloom) in Karachi from his cousin's licence. Is permission required from anyone (KPK or Sindh Home Department or respective DCOs) for anything or simple dealers can manage?

Come to Khi , go to your concern DC and endorsed license there, which is simply a big stamp with your khi address, dealer charge upto 5K for this, they will give you around 30 days to get a gun. Go to dealer in khi with your cousin's gun and license tell the dealer to offload the gun from cousin license and put it on mine all pakistan issued from KPK. I assume your cousin has all pak or sindh license. For local gun dealer charge 1500 to 2500 for "English" they charge upto 4K.

Happy : ) . Email me if you are still confused

Thank you brothers. Both brothers Sulzar and Arsalan. Dealer and person at DC office were saying different things causing confusion. I will relay the information. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by RockyChaudhry View Post
    Thank you brothers. Both brothers Sulzar and Arsalan. Dealer and person at DC office were saying different things causing confusion. I will relay the information. Thank you.
    Brother , these are the steps you need to do , there is no first second eg you can still can get weapon even its not all pak an then do the rest. Btw can you share what dealers are saying ?

Wait for other PG fellows replies to come up with learned decision.

in peshawar, you need to get permission from the DC for getting a gun off your license. the DC office puts a stamp on your license and then you can go to a dealer and ask him to put his stamp on it for removal of the gun from your license

Member Emeritus
    Quote Originally Posted by colt 1911 View Post
    in peshawar, you need to get permission from the DC for getting a gun off your license. the DC office puts a stamp on your license and then you can go to a dealer and ask him to put his stamp on it for removal of the gun from your license
    +1.. fully agree.

Expert Member
    Quote Originally Posted by colt 1911 View Post
    right!!! this is the case here!

So in the light of your responses , the guy have to visit the DC again to get NOC for gun offloading ?.

Infact I faced the same case a few month before , the gun was TT bought from Peshawar , offloaded in khi on all pakistan KPK license after getting endorsed from DC South Khi. We get another gun in khi and has been removed again. Now planing to get third one tomorrow.

My cousin has a budget of 40K and we planing and trying to get , CF98 or NP22 [with rail] or NP34 or NP42 .

Your advises are warmly welcome.

Enthusiast
    if one of the license has the gun and the second one is empty( whether it is new or otherwise) no need to get permission prior to off load the gun form the license having gun. Just a 10 mins game and License clerk will transfer gun from license having gun to the empty license.(without any charges)
    If both of the licenses have guns one of the license should be off loaded and must be transferred to other empty license or to the stock register of the dealer.
    Followed several times the same procedure.

Thats why i said in prior thread that no need to purchase a number or weapon on the new license.
    You should follow the following steps.

1. Get new License
    2. Get the license by courier from karachi having weapon which you want to transfer to the new license.
    3. Go to DC office and get transfer the weapon on new license.
    4. Deposit the same license along with application for ALL PAKISTAN VALIDITY. It will take 10 to 15 days

It is legal procedure (No Kharcha Pani is involved).
    Otherwise every thing is possible and valid in Love. War and Pakistan

Dear All, AoA,

I need to obtain a KPK lic. for 9mm pistol. Could you guys help me on how to go about it? Your replies will be much appreciated.
    In stressful situations we do not rise to the occasion, we fall to our level of training.

Quote Originally Posted by Pistol View Post
    Dear All, AoA,

I need to obtain a KPK lic. for 9mm pistol. Could you guys help me on how to go about it? Your replies will be much appreciated.

W s..if u can do urself it will cost you around 3k but with a lot of khware and time consuming also.and if u want to make through a dealer then give them ur id copy and 2 passport size pics they will make it through agents and will cost u 5.5k maximum...dnt ask them for 9mm.just ask them for pistol license, sometimes they write it on front page and if u change caliber then it creates problems while checking by police....(legally its not an issue) but u know Pakistan police
    All that is complex is not useful . All that is useful is SIMPLE .

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pistol View Post
    Dear All, AoA,

i have mentioned procedure for kpk license in another thread which i have started..
    link is http://www.pakguns.com/showthread.ph...license-in-kpk

Brothers,

@AK47 and @Azizurrehman

I read the other thread also really appreciate your kind help.

Just one more question @ AK47 Could you please recommend a reliable dealer? Regards.
    In stressful situations we do not rise to the occasion, we fall to our level of training.

@ Pistol

yes i can....be careful bro, AK47 mind na kr le
    All that is complex is not useful . All that is useful is SIMPLE .

@ AK 74; OH! I am sorry. Just looked at your nickname and misread it. My apologies.

You may send me your recommendation

Regards
    Last edited by Pistol; 15-02-2014 at 09:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AK 74 View Post
    W s..if u can do urself it will cost you around 3k but with a lot of khware and time consuming also.and if u want to make through a dealer then give them ur id copy and 2 passport size pics they will make it through agents and will cost u 5.5k maximum...dnt ask them for 9mm.just ask them for pistol license, sometimes they write it on front page and if u change caliber then it creates problems while checking by police....(legally its not an issue) but u know Pakistan police
    I also heard of that, yesterday i was in market for making my mak license, i asked them for mak license but the dealers told me that 1st you will make a license as a pistol then you have the choice of ur own either put mak or 9mm etc ??

So now correct me, is it true ?? Means 1st thay should making me a pistol license ten to specific bore ??? Kindly advice me on this..

Quote Originally Posted by NawabSaab View Post
    I also heard of that, yesterday i was in market for making my mak license, i asked them for mak license but the dealers told me that 1st you will make a license as a pistol then you have the choice of ur own either put mak or 9mm etc ??

So now correct me, is it true ?? Means 1st thay should making me a pistol license ten to specific bore ??? Kindly advice me on this..
    From .22 to .45 is pistol. Be it 9mm , .30 bore or any .

Quote Originally Posted by sulzar View Post
    From .22 to .45 is pistol. Be it 9mm , .30 bore or any .
    Thanks brother, so it means if i have a 9mm n aftr some time i wna have .45 on this license??? sorry to ask such questions but i really dun no about it.