Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 258

Thread: Ammo News!

  1. #1
    Administrator Abbas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    4,411
    Blog Entries
    1

    Ammo News!

    Salams, I've been away from the markets for a while. Could someone kindly update the ammo availability and prices in various cities ? Thanks.

  2. #2
    Enthusiast naeemurrehman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    202
    9mm Red box @ 1700 in KHI. Bought last week from Bulls Eye.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abbas View Post
    Salams, I've been away from the markets for a while. Could someone kindly update the ammo availability and prices in various cities ? Thanks.
    The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have.
    -Vince Lombardi

  3. #3
    Supreme Member Deathrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    1,679
    Quote Originally Posted by Abbas View Post
    Salams, I've been away from the markets for a while. Could someone kindly update the ammo availability and prices in various cities ? Thanks.


    Asalam Alaikum Abbas bhai...

    last I checked the reliable dealers had increased the rates since the change in dollar. Now they are selling red boxes @ 2000 each or maybe 1900 if you negotiate...

    There are dealers who are offering far less but the issue is that they are mixing those with the local refills.... and it has become extremely difficult to differentiate since the cheaters are getting better with their tactics..
    "There are no dangerous weapons. There are only dangerous men."

  4. #4
    Supreme Member colt 1911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Peshawar
    Posts
    1,672
    Makarov 9*18 mm, S&B, Rs. 65/ round
    Makarov 9*18 mm, Barnaul, rs. 55/round
    Chinese 9mm is around Rs. 30/round i guess

  5. #5
    Lord of War hsnmz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    1,155
    shaheen 12G for Rs. 950 (4, 6, 8)
    All ths Super variants (4S, 6S etc) for Rs 1150
    | (*| Pakistan Zindabad | *) |

  6. #6
    Member Emeritus Enigmatic Desires's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    18,119
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathrow View Post
    Asalam Alaikum Abbas bhai...

    last I checked the reliable dealers had increased the rates since the change in dollar. Now they are selling red boxes @ 2000 each or maybe 1900 if you negotiate...

    There are dealers who are offering far less but the issue is that they are mixing those with the local refills.... and it has become extremely difficult to differentiate since the cheaters are getting better with their tactics..
    Any idea which dealers are indulging in such practices and how to figure it out?
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

  7. #7
    7 x 57 S & B - Rs 330/pop
    7 x 57 winchester -- Rs 380 / pop in,,,,,, karachi 430/pop

  8. #8
    Member Emeritus Enigmatic Desires's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    18,119
    Quote Originally Posted by lifebreakking View Post
    7 x 57 S & B - Rs 330/pop
    7 x 57 winchester -- Rs 380 / pop in,,,,,, karachi 430/pop
    Which dealers Lifebreakking?

    I had last helped fellow member Zaheer purchase 100 rounds of S&B 7mm ammo at 200 a pop from Elahi bux and co. Last year. Dont know bout this year though.
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

  9. #9
    Supreme Member Deathrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    1,679
    Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatic Desires View Post
    Any idea which dealers are indulging in such practices and how to figure it out?

    To be very honest.. not really...
    "There are no dangerous weapons. There are only dangerous men."

  10. #10
    Supreme Member Deathrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    1,679
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathrow View Post
    To be very honest.. not really...

    I mean think about it.... Look at the quality of Taurus clones we are able to produce... Imagine then how easy would it be for them to refill and create China red box looking ammo
    "There are no dangerous weapons. There are only dangerous men."

  11. #11
    Member Emeritus Enigmatic Desires's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    18,119
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathrow View Post
    I mean think about it.... Look at the quality of Taurus clones we are able to produce... Imagine then how easy would it be for them to refill and create China red box looking ammo
    Oh I have seen local red box as well. I tend to run a magnet on the slug part. The locals stick the non locals don't.

    Another way is to let it remain as it is for a few weeks. The locals will lose their colouring while their Chinese counterparts wont.
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

  12. #12
    Supreme Member Deathrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    1,679
    Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatic Desires View Post
    Oh I have seen local red box as well. I tend to run a magnet on the slug part. The locals stick the non locals don't.

    Another way is to let it remain as it is for a few weeks. The locals will lose their colouring while their Chinese counterparts wont.

    These indicators I am aware of but i bet they must have figured out a way to by pass these as well..
    "There are no dangerous weapons. There are only dangerous men."

  13. #13
    Member Emeritus Enigmatic Desires's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    18,119
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathrow View Post
    These indicators I am aware of but i bet they must have figured out a way to by pass these as well..
    Hmmm.. I have yet to come across such super clone ammo.
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

  14. #14
    Supreme Member Deathrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    1,679
    Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatic Desires View Post
    Hmmm.. I have yet to come across such super clone ammo.

    The thing is that even if you did, you would not notice....nor me or any one of us....it would take some really hardcore amo pro to identify...what I have noticed is that these cheap red box sellers often give a FTF and FTE.... Proper red boxes from authentic dealers don't...
    "There are no dangerous weapons. There are only dangerous men."

  15. #15
    Member Emeritus Enigmatic Desires's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    18,119
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathrow View Post
    The thing is that even if you did, you would not notice....nor me or any one of us....it would take some really hardcore amo pro to identify...what I have noticed is that these cheap red box sellers often give a FTF and FTE.... Proper red boxes from authentic dealers don't...
    AS far as I know the Caracals that blew up were original red boxes and the same goes for the Duty.

    There is no evidence to the contrary that states that they were reloads.

    Hence my cravat that what mechanism can we use to determine which is which. I don't think price is a good enough indicator. I.e if some1 sells at 40 a pop then its good while anyone selling at lower then that is assumed to be selling fakes.
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

  16. #16
    I opened up two rounds last week , 1 4s and 1 regular 6 . Now comes the jaw dropper, they both had exactly the same amount of powder and when say exactly i mean not even a grain difference. i could not find a regular 4 so used 6 .
    OWNING A GUN DOESN'T MAKE YOU ARMED ANY MORE THAN OWNING A GUITAR MAKES YOU A MUSICIAN.
    Jeff Cooper.

  17. #17
    So no need to spend 200+ so just use the regular ones.
    OWNING A GUN DOESN'T MAKE YOU ARMED ANY MORE THAN OWNING A GUITAR MAKES YOU A MUSICIAN.
    Jeff Cooper.

  18. #18
    Supreme Member Leon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    City of Thrones
    Posts
    2,919
    Quote Originally Posted by treble View Post
    I opened up two rounds last week , 1 4s and 1 regular 6 . Now comes the jaw dropper, they both had exactly the same amount of powder and when say exactly i mean not even a grain difference. i could not find a regular 4 so used 6 .
    Quote Originally Posted by treble View Post
    So no need to spend 200+ so just use the regular ones.
    The difference between POF Shaheen regular and super is number of pallets. Super cartridges have 36 grams load as compared to 31 grams in regular. Excel cartridges are the one which offer high velocity.

  19. #19
    Supreme Member Deathrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    1,679
    Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatic Desires View Post
    AS far as I know the Caracals that blew up were original red boxes and the same goes for the Duty.

    There is no evidence to the contrary that states that they were reloads.

    Hence my cravat that what mechanism can we use to determine which is which. I don't think price is a good enough indicator. I.e if some1 sells at 40 a pop then its good while anyone selling at lower then that is assumed to be selling fakes.

    My recommendation was not to buy ammo looking at their rates... it was to purchase ammo from reliable dealers...and the reliable dealers are currently selling ammo at slightly higher rates
    "There are no dangerous weapons. There are only dangerous men."

  20. #20
    Member Emeritus Enigmatic Desires's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    18,119
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathrow View Post
    My recommendation was not to buy ammo looking at their rates... it was to purchase ammo from reliable dealers...and the reliable dealers are currently selling ammo at slightly higher rates
    How to differentiate between the 2? I mean the criterion for deciding who is reliable and who is not?

    I have been struggling to come up with a relevant criteria so that I can have a grading system for my reviews.

    I would appreciate some help in this direction.

    Some dealers are obviously unreliable such as Ali and co. that tried to sell me a local TT (complete with local markings and packaging..)As a Russian one.

    Most dealers are not so stupid though. Or at least give me the compliment of thinking I am not either. SO I end up determining their reviews on the basis of prices.
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •