Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Target Shooting Review: Walther P22Q .22LR

Quote Originally Posted by Hammad jutt View Post
    yah good ammo cci but brother the grain is not heavy for target shooting if this is cci mags u used in 40 grain for this target shooting????????????????
    CCI-MMs perform better than other readily available non-CCI 40gr such as Federal GameShock, Winchester X etc. We were target shooting with various ammo, and after finishing a few boxes of Eley & Federal GameShock the last 20 rounds of the day were with the CCI-MM which is the primary EDC ammo.

Only fired 50 S&B 36gr so far (these do have a better crack/bang than Federal, and don't FTE/FTF either) so need to test more as it seems to be the only 'fresh' and relatively cheaper .22 ammo that cycles without hiccups in the Walther, other than CCI. From last observation with S&B ammo, it does shoot higher so may require site adjustments. If it works out well at range, then will use this as range ammo.
    Of all the things I have lost, I miss my mind the most ...

I do competitive shooting ... .22cal rifle at 50 meter and I use a lot of Cci standard .. Never tried another ammo lol... But it's recommended by top shooter in Pakistan and internationally
    “Patience ensures victory.”
    Hazrat Ali Ibn Abu-Talib A.S

Enthusiast
    I love shooting my .22's ( p22q, gsg5, brno 2e) but with recent shortage and price hike of .22 ammo, I'm more inclined towards shooting my 9mm's these days. POF 9mm is rs.35 while .22 winchester crap are being retailed around 40 or so. Ridiculous prices for .22!! The most fun about .22's was the cheap ammo!

Supreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Txshooter View Post
    ... .22 winchester crap are being retailed around 40 or so. Ridiculous prices for .22!!
    Are you serious?! I simply can not believe that... even 1/4 of that is expensive.

The man who fears no truth has nothing to fear from lies.
    (Thomas Jefferson)

Supreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed turrab (t.rex) View Post
    I do competitive shooting ... .22cal rifle at 50 meter and I use a lot of Cci standard .. Never tried another ammo lol... But it's recommended by top shooter in Pakistan and internationally
    What kind of rifle do you use?
    IMHO, CCI is great ammo, Federal Ultra Match is better, but if you're serious about competition, you have to try Lapua and Eley. If all you've used is CCI Standard Velocity, there is still huge potential for accuracy gains just by upgrading ammo. Standard is target grade ammo, if you want to stay with CCI, their Select and Green Tag lines are competition grade, but Lapua and Eley are the brands that take home Olympic gold.
    Last edited by Fudgepacker; 05-10-2014 at 05:31 AM.

The man who fears no truth has nothing to fear from lies.
    (Thomas Jefferson)

post deleted ....
    Last edited by fezan; 06-10-2014 at 02:10 AM.

@fudgepacker bro we are using eley match grade ammo and the rifle we r using is anschutz rifle i dont know,what model it is but its old .....but deadly accurate
    “Patience ensures victory.”
    Hazrat Ali Ibn Abu-Talib A.S