Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Target Shooting Review: Walther P22Q .22LR

Target Shooting Review: Walther P22Q .22LR

Salam All

Carried out first target shootings of my P22Q and sharing the results. All targets were at 25M.

Walther P22Q
    Name:  P22Q1.jpg
Views: 7094
Size:  93.2 KB

Name:  P22Q Target.jpg
Views: 3275
Size:  72.0 KB

Started with 2 mags (20 shot) but fired only 15 shots with size 2 site on the front and middle adjustment on the rear sites before it was handed to Mrs. This P22Q has magazine safety issue not allowing the hammer to cock again for next fire, hence 5 bullets were chambered out in order to load the next round. 2 bullseye, and 8 out of 15 within 9s.

Then the Mrs took it over on the plates side. And she was consistently hitting the plates with a lot less hammer/magazine safety issues after she went through the initial 2 trial mags with guidance from Moeen bhai to get her stance and aim correct.

Magazine safety system is now going to be removed to stop this annoying issue of hammer not cocking for next shot, before the next visit to the range.

Overall I think this could be an ideal SD pistol (for me and the Mrs) but Out of the Box it has issues like most P22s did/do thus it requires work on the feed ramp, trigger mechanism (shortened the trigger pull to fire), extractor and the possible magazine safety mechanism to get it right (unless your P22 and P22Q have no such issues). An original Walther P22Q laser imho should be a must for this if using for SD.

Edit: Upon first disassembly and reassembly, I had got the sears spring installed wrong way around ... spent 40 minutes taking every bit apart, cleaning and putting it back the way it should've been and the hammer half cocks and full cocks with both thumb and trigger as it should (irrespective of mag in or not), whereas before it was not cocking at all unless slide pulled all the way back with mag in. Left the magazine safety mechanism in. This hammer not cocking was a USER ERROR.
    Last edited by Verve; 11-11-2013 at 02:27 AM.

Good shooting.....
    "Guns are smart enough. We need smarter politicians"
    "The right to buy weapons is the right to be free!!!"

Good shooting again.
    Remember the first rule of gunfighting ... have a gun.

Thanks again Trigger Happy bro.

Ameer bro - Thank you. Wasn't expecting much out of the P22Q at 25m with the short standard barrel but it did justice at the end, more so for the mrs as she was hitting more plates than I was. I guess trying out 4 guns with varying cals on the same day makes it difficult to set on one. Hopefully with the issue of hammer cocking resolved it will perform better next time.
    Going for skeet soon to test my ability and accuracy of Akdal M1919. What # shells should I get for it?

Being Big & Sexy... I am anywhere I wanna be
    Salam All,
    Very good Sunday it was... Good shooting.
    \"In a world of compromise... Some Don\'t!\" Heckler & Koch

\"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.\" Bill of Rights - 2 Amendment of the Constitution of U.S.

Member Extraordinaire ajmal virk's Avatar
    Good shooting keep it up.

Pleased with the result. Keep it up

Member Emeritus
    Very nice shooting indeed.

Nice shooting Verve brother keep it up bro.
    REGARDS

Moeen bhai - it was very good indeed and thank you. Your single handed firing is amazing and Pirhana is an accurate pistol even for a novice like me.

Ajmal bro - thanks.

Neemurrehman bro - thanks.

Aquarius bhai - thank you.

S.Jawad bro - thank you. Will try, need more time on range.

Will do an update review of this here after the pistol adjustments and Stoeger in 9mm section next week with Cinese red box and S&B.

I enjoyed a lot too that day, . good to know that the pistol is fixed now.
    \"Peace has always been a consequence of war.\"

Rotorcrafts bro - was really nice meeting you too. Thanks for checking out the P22Q.

Excellent shooting. .22 have low recoil and good accuracy so its a great calibre.The Walther P22 is also a good choice other than the sig mosquito.
    “If frogs had side pockets, they'd carry hand guns.”
    Dan Rather

Enthusiast
    A great little plinker. I really love mine's as well but am doubtful about using it for SD. I think a minimum of .32 barely qualifies. I've shot around a 1000 rounds so far and it's still going great. A buddy was able to find the extended barrel for his p22, extending it to 5". Decent at 25m. One more thing, try using an adhesive on the front sights, they have a tendency of flying off.

latest update

After correct installation of sear spring ... 46 rounds fired, flawless cycling. 26 rounds (20 slow, 6 rapid fires) on target paper at 25M ... 18 rounds within 7s, 8 sprayers.

Name:  20131225_022117.jpg
Views: 2788
Size:  48.7 KB
    Last edited by Verve; 25-12-2013 at 01:47 AM.

Member Emeritus
    Nice shooting indeed.. keep it up.

At 25M its excellent shooting.
    Remember the first rule of gunfighting ... have a gun.

Enthusiast
    good shooting.....

at 25 meters it's very good shooting. what all brands have you experimented with your P22 and have you done any mods to it ?
    | (*| Pakistan Zindabad | *) |

Nice shooting bro .