Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Garrison shooting club lahore

If God didn't want us to have GUNS, He wouldn't have given us GUN fingers...

@slodier bro can you please forward the contact details to me. alinawazzz@gmail.com

@alinawaz
    @raff
    email sent.

@beretta7 thank you brother.

I have shot at their skeet range and it was my first shoot ever. I scored 8/10
    | (*| Pakistan Zindabad | *) |

beretta 7 brother thanks for email. God Bless u

Quote Originally Posted by alinawaz View Post
    @slodier bro can you please forward the contact details to me. alinawazzz@gmail.com
    Mail Sent.

plz also sent email at ma_tishna@hotmail.com

Enthusiast
    Bretta7 brother, send me the contact details also at rehmat@gmail.com
    Thanks in advance.
    "A vote is like a rifle, its usefulness depends upon the character of the user" - Theodore Roosevelt

@Dragunov
    @matishna
    email sent....

Blog Entries
    Great to know the range is up and running. I belive it's called Tenacious Ten (after the unit there?) I'm a member there, IA looking forward to visiting the range a posting a review here.

i have heard that the range is now closed due to reason unknown,,,and they gona return the membership fee to persons who applied and was member...beretta7 brother is it true info?

PakGuns Expert Panel
    Quote Originally Posted by Mian-50 View Post
    AoA bro,

If it is being run under ARMY's administration, then its location is (MEHFOOZPURA GARRISON).
    near Lahore Airport.

Pay membership fee, plus monthly charges. They operate during afternoons only and SKEET MACHINES throw
    crazy targets. A civilian feels himself like a SLAVE there, because they have TWO men operation team.

If any VIP arrives there and those two are busy bringing (TEA & SANDWICHES) for him, who will attend a civilian
    member waiting to FIRE his handgun or Rifle on another layout. YOU SIMPLY CAN'T FIRE A SINGLE SHOT UNLESS
    YOUR (RANGEMASTER) IS NOT WITH YOU.
    Respected MIAN-50
    Did this really happen or just a humourus assumption?
    Well the Army has taken the very nice step of providing us all with a facility at almost free rates. The Navy Club at Karsaz and the Gun Club at Islamabad charge more. The member ship alone comes for over Rs 700,000/- at the Isbd Gun Club; and a shot at skeet is a flat Rs 100/- two skeets for Rs 80 and and if you are buying cartridges it is another Rs 100/ for two cartridges.
    The facilities are both International level and the shooters are also of the same level.
    The Lahore club has just been started and it is at its embryonic stage, they are encouraging civilians to join after necessary formalities. The charges are economical comparitively.
    I have shot and trained all over the world, in no country or club a shooter is allowed to shoot without the Range Master or proper arrangements.
    I have been training some army snipers there a few years back; I went there recently again to join the facility and found fair arrangements in progress.
    Last edited by Skeeter60; 23-12-2013 at 10:36 PM.
    JU

Expert Member
    @ Skeeter60, Sir, would like to shed some light on present requirements and current fee for membership of this range?
    Islam began as something strange & will revert to being strange as it began, so give glad tidings to the strangers. (Muslim)

Quote Originally Posted by Skeeter60 View Post
    Respected MIAN-50
    Did this really happen or just a humourus assumption?
    Well the Army has taken the very nice step of providing us all with a facility at almost free rates. The Navy Club at Karsaz and the Gun Club at Islamabad charge more. The member ship alone comes for over Rs 700,000/- at the Isbd Gun Club; and a shot at skeet is a flat Rs 100/- two skeets for Rs 80 and and if you are buying cartridges it is another Rs 100/ for two cartridges.
    The facilities are both International level and the shooters are also of the same level.
    The Lahore club has just been started and it is at its embryonic stage, they are encouraging civilians to join after necessary formalities. The charges are economical comparitively.
    I have shot and trained all over the world, in no country or club a shooter is allowed to shoot without the Range Master or proper arrangements.
    I have been training some army snipers there a few years back; I went there recently again to join the facility and found fair arrangements in progress.
    AoA Skeeter Sahib,

Yes, it did happen to me.First of all, I am quiet familiar with those SPIETH Trap
    machines ever since Col Talat and Shahid Majeed lost their interest in maintenance of RANGE at its
    previous location.

I wasn't in the country for good seven years and last year I came to know about its new location within
    Mehfoozpura Garrison.At that time they were operating both TRAPS from a SINGLE CONTROL SWITCH
    installed in the one of the houses and (RELEASE CABLE + HAND DEVICE) were totally absent.

So one JAWAN used to sit inside the house and wait for the LOUDER call of the shooter, if not he would
    confirm it verbally with his co-worker standing behind the shooter. Speed of both birds wasn't identical
    and they had no (HOOP POLE) for adjustment of vertical and horizontal angles of both birds at crossing point
    adjacent to STATION-8.

Last winter I went there to TEST FIRE a (CZ-SHADOW) and saw Mr Hamayun Akhtar using the clay range
    One Major Sahib and 3-4 Jawans were there to serve the VIP.

During Tea break, I asked the concerned JAWAN about possibility of firing 10-15 shots on an adjacent pistol
    range without disturbing the VIP, he went to Major sahib and came with a big SORRY.

I laughed and asked him DO YOU UNDERSTAND (HOW LONG IT WOULD TAKE TO FIRE A SINGLE MAGAZINE
    of a PISTOL?. He got my point and said that it was his senior's decision.
    Last edited by Mian-50; 24-12-2013 at 11:53 PM.

PakGuns Expert Panel
    MIAN -50
    I see, so this was the background.
    The old Skeet Club which was next to the Country Club was started by Aftab Ahmad Khan and myself in 1987 when we were using hand operated machines the first National Games Skeet event was staged this way over here.
    Col Talat Umer joined later and developed it but the directions were changed. Mr Tariq Majeed joined during or was it the second match by which time the spieth machines ( removed from the President House, Mr Leghari used to shoot over these ) were given by the NRA to be installed here.
    WE must have met but as I was shooting so many events at the National/International Matches,, the first event I gave up, was Skeet having won a team bronze in SAF Games at Dhaka. I was paying more attention to Pistol and Rifle events.
    Well the attitude you have written about is our National Character and culture and there are officers who do not allow such things but such are few and far apart and get stiffled in the long run.
    JU

Skeeter Sb,

I do agree with you so far as SAFETY precautions for range users are concerned.Personnel
    assigned for the job can't leave any one on its own. Therefore with limited 2-3 hours of
    range operation time, some one has to wait for his turn.

Nevertheless, we all do appreciate what ever efforts are being made on Army's part to keep
    the SHOW running. Furthermore it's encouraging to know about the start of "LAHORE CLUB".
    Give us all some over view of it's location, owners or administrators.

PakGuns Expert Panel
    Mian -50
    I have no clue about who started it though I do have a vague idea of the going ons. Regret my earlier post. it was Mr Shahid Majeed not Tariq Majeed.
    You know the location ofcourse where you experienced the incident you quoted.
    Mian Sahab I just applied for membership and once I get it will start going there as a member. Earlie I just went for training some personnel.
    Thank you.
    JU

Banned
    Hi there, any updates about shooting facilitis in Lahore?
    Thanks and many regards.

I am in Lahore for a week and want to visit a shooting range.. Can anyone guide me here? Location/Charges etc.. Pistol.. thanks
    Guns don't kill people, People kill people