Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Upgrading rifle licenses

Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatic Desires View Post
    Thanks a lot 1st Stranger bro! Your prayers were answered.

I got the upgraded lic today. I can now purchase .22/.222/.223 on semi auto instead of just .22

Of course he did what he did only after receiving certain phone calls. And also informed me that he had paid the high officers from his own pocket since the individual calling him was some1 he cannot say no to.

Effectively ensuring that not just me but no one else will try and get this upgrade for free.

He also told me that the computerised licenses issued by the Home Dep. are bribe free and he only follows the rule of the law.
    However since the license that he had stamped and signed had been issued only after paying 25k I seriously seriously doubted what he said.

He was very interested in people's opinions of him on the forum. (I told him about PG and how most of us would love to come to him rather then going to dealers) I think he got scared and refused to give me rates. He prefers the discretion of dealers rather then people who walk into his office and ask him to do stuff for free

As regards bribes. I could not even get on the road to the home dep without paying those. I was supposed to get a visitor pass, but the person giving the passes was not there. (and even he asked for some 'gift' when ever he was around) Soo I paid the gate keeper to allow me on the road itself. Later on I managed to sneak past the building guard but was stopped by the guards outside the department itself. They all wanted gifts. They did let me go through cause they thought I looked Shareef (decent) and they knew I could not get the gate pass since there was no1 issuing it.

Total number of trips : Around half a dozen.
    Total bribes given: 150 (3 trips to the road gate keeper Rs. 50 each)

Prospect of doing this all over again. I dont think I can. Unless i want to lose my job.

Amount saved Rs. 30k

The permit will be used to review .222 & .223 weapons, their rates, their reliability, availability etc. etc.

P.S i did see at least 1 carry permit of a fellow member being signed by him.
    Congratulations to you and your fellow PG Member

@ED bro is it possible to get an npb Shotgun Home department computerized license changed to cover all npb rifles like .223 & .222 ? will the letter cover all these calibers ? I want to sell off my akdal on it and get a semi auto rifle.

Member Emeritus Enigmatic Desires's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by semperfi View Post
    @ED bro is it possible to get an npb Shotgun Home department computerized license changed to cover all npb rifles like .223 & .222 ? will the letter cover all these calibers ? I want to sell off my akdal on it and get a semi auto rifle.
    Yes. First the shottie license would have to be converted to rifle (.22/Bolt action) and later re-converted to include .222/.223

The cost is around 35k or so as par dealers.
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

Can one purchase a .223 semi-auto rifle on a rifle licence and if yes then can it be a semi-auto mag fed rifle? just curious after reading the 1st post of the thread.
    “If frogs had side pockets, they'd carry hand guns.”
    Dan Rather

Quote Originally Posted by Safdar Mahmood Khan View Post
    Can one purchase a .223 semi-auto rifle on a rifle licence and if yes then can it be a semi-auto mag fed rifle? just curious after reading the 1st post of the thread.
    ...... yes.. Provided he has the permission letter for permission to purchase .222/.223
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

Btw, last I checked the market price for such big bore permit letters from the home Dep, Sindh was 15k or so.