Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Upgrading rifle licenses

I think that on a NPB liscence you can change ur weapon within NPB arms list.About 2 year back one of my friend had changed his weapon on Punjab Liscence from Sargodha

I have changed my weapons many time on MOI liscence
    Power Ensure Peace

Lord of War
    Quote Originally Posted by SIGlock View Post
    Will check and let you know as early as possible... In the meanwhile, I would like to share my experience as it might be helpful for others... The first dealer who I had contacted, told me that he would have to get a new copy issued, report the original one lost/stolen which would cost around 15-16K, then getting the receipt would be another 5-6K and few more Ks for entering the gun on the licence and in the DC's office... The total amount would've been around 24-25K...!!! Basically he wanted to have the whole chicken rather than a golden egg... So I contacted another dealer and he got it done in 9K... The breakdown goes like this: 1K for the bore change, 5K for the receipt which one needs to have in order to get it entered in the DC's office and the rest 3K was to enter the gun on the licence and then in the DC's office which couldn't cost 3K but I ignored it as there was a big difference between 25K and 9K... ;-)
    Why 5k for receipt????
    Dr. Awan

Member Emeritus Enigmatic Desires's Avatar
    Trip delayed yet again. Since the PM is here along with the Interior minister as well as Army cheif. For some reason my license has not been stamped.

I am beginning to think that not paying money is a one way street. The kind that ends in a brick wall!
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatic Desires View Post
    Trip delayed yet again. Since the PM is here along with the Interior minister as well as Army cheif. For some reason my license has not been stamped.

I am beginning to think that not paying money is a one way street. The kind that ends in a brick wall!
    @ ED
    did you try your luck this week on upgrade of the license / letter
    I'm very keen to know the process and outcome of this first hand.
    Before all else, be armed
    Niccolo Machiavelli

Bro dont wory with the home department, money can buy everything quote/unquote

Bro dont wory with the home department, money can buy everything quote/unquote

Quote Originally Posted by Asd1976 View Post
    @ ED
    did you try your luck this week on upgrade of the license / letter
    I'm very keen to know the process and outcome of this first hand.
    I was called day before yesterday in the afternoon. There is a catch though. the home department does nto allow visitors after Noon. So had to pay Rs. 50 to the cop outside to let me in. Even though I had some1 from the Home Dep talk to him before hand)

When i went to his office he was not there. he was ill and had started vomiting in the office. Was ill yesterday as well. Wanted to go today but due to the ongoing tension in the area, there seems no point in doing so since he will almost certainly not be there. Soo I am planning on going tomorrow if all goes well!
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

Enthusiast

Smile

I was called day before yesterday in the afternoon. There is a catch though. the home department does nto allow visitors after Noon. So had to pay Rs. 50 to the cop outside to let me in. Even though I had some1 from the Home Dep talk to him before hand)

When i went to his office he was not there. he was ill and had started vomiting in the office. Was ill yesterday as well. Wanted to go today but due to the ongoing tension in the area, there seems no point in doing so since he will almost certainly not be there. Soo I am planning on going tomorrow if all goes well!
    Good luck.............
    Niccolo Machiavelli

So I went today as well. I was called in the morning and reached the place by 10:40 PM. They wont allow me in but by now the gate guard knows me well.

I went in and was asked by the Section Officer (Arms) to sit for '2 minutes'. And he will stamp my license. The 2 minutes stretched to 2 hours. And then 4 and then 5. A steady stream of people came and had their licenses and documents stamped by him. But he kept on saying the same thing to me "2 minutes" When I urged him to take a look at my documents. He said he has a weak heart and is very ill and busy.

He said that I have great powers of persistence since I am still sitting there after all these hours. He offered me tea and fresh grapefruit juice.

But then he had people calling him to tell him to do my work.

Around 2 PM he said he had to go to the wash room. He said he will be back in '2 minutes' And he left and did not bother to return. He knew quite well that I have a job and cannt really afford another sit-a-thon

I waited till around quarter past 3. And tried to give my documents to the staff there. They refused to take it.

I had already submitted my application and documents before. But I was told that they had been 'lost'. Luckiliy they were onlu copies. Not originals.

Original licenses too have been 'lost' at the Home dep. for which they charge a hefty fee to make new ones.

Conclusion: DO-it yourself even with a reference is possible. In theory..

Update

i have been asked to appear before the S.O arms section on monday 10:30. I wil go and see if he will force me though another sitathon

Enthusiast
    @ ED bro
    Any luck with today's visit to Home Dept?
    Niccolo Machiavelli

Quote Originally Posted by Asd1976 View Post
    @ ED bro
    Any luck with today's visit to Home Dept?
    No. I wanted conformation that he will not do this again. Which is why I am waiting for my source to call me and conform before I go.

Expert Member

May Allah SWT Help you Ed Br...!

Trip delayed yet again. Since the PM is here along with the Interior minister as well as Army cheif. For some reason my license has not been stamped. I am beginning to think that not paying money is a one way street. The kind that ends in a brick wall!
    Ed Brother, I am not in a position to help you, but I want to appreciate you for your efforts to go by your self and avoid the dealer route...

Dear Brother, when you go straight, you feel more resistance than going side ways....

So kindly keep it in mind, I think you will feel discomfort and fatigue in doing this, but you will get reward for all this if you are doing it to avoid sin of bribery...and plus satisfaction at the end when you got your license upgraded... IN SHA ALALH

Just a request, that dont let the negative thoughts come in your mind... be firm and persistant....!

I pray to ALLAH SWT that you may get your upgraded license without any more fatigue and you stay blessed. Ameen
    Islam began as something strange & will revert to being strange as it began, so give glad tidings to the strangers. (Muslim)

Thanks a lot 1st Stranger bro! Your prayers were answered.

I got the upgraded lic today. I can now purchase .22/.222/.223 on semi auto instead of just .22

Of course he did what he did only after receiving certain phone calls. And also informed me that he had paid the high officers from his own pocket since the individual calling him was some1 he cannot say no to.

Effectively ensuring that not just me but no one else will try and get this upgrade for free.

He also told me that the computerised licenses issued by the Home Dep. are bribe free and he only follows the rule of the law.
    However since the license that he had stamped and signed had been issued only after paying 25k I seriously seriously doubted what he said.

He was very interested in people's opinions of him on the forum. (I told him about PG and how most of us would love to come to him rather then going to dealers) I think he got scared and refused to give me rates. He prefers the discretion of dealers rather then people who walk into his office and ask him to do stuff for free

As regards bribes. I could not even get on the road to the home dep without paying those. I was supposed to get a visitor pass, but the person giving the passes was not there. (and even he asked for some 'gift' when ever he was around) Soo I paid the gate keeper to allow me on the road itself. Later on I managed to sneak past the building guard but was stopped by the guards outside the department itself. They all wanted gifts. They did let me go through cause they thought I looked Shareef (decent) and they knew I could not get the gate pass since there was no1 issuing it.

Total number of trips : Around half a dozen.
    Total bribes given: 150 (3 trips to the road gate keeper Rs. 50 each)

Prospect of doing this all over again. I dont think I can. Unless i want to lose my job.

Amount saved Rs. 30k

The permit will be used to review .222 & .223 weapons, their rates, their reliability, availability etc. etc.

P.S i did see at least 1 carry permit of a fellow member being signed by him.

ED you are one lucky guy I must say...

But yeah those 6 trips were surely hectic, I'm sure about that...
    "Nahi hai na umeed Iqbal apni kasht-e-veeran se, zara num ho tou yeh mitti bari zarkhez hai saaqi"

Member Extraordinaire ajmal virk's Avatar
    ED bro congrats.

I just found out that the chap who had 'supposedly' called and made him do it had never called at all!!!

He really did it though the reference of a fellow PG member!!!

The guy is very nice!! really. and he had apologised profussely to my freind for making me wait all that time!!!

congratulations ED , really happy for you. I think you had it done on your computerised sindh license issued to you in recent past right ? I have a sindh manual license for .22 with gsg5 on it. So when and what do you plan to go for shopping ?
    ----Sohail

Quote Originally Posted by thegame787 View Post
    congratulations ED , really happy for you. I think you had it done on your computerised sindh license issued to you in recent past right ? I have a sindh manual license for .22 with gsg5 on it. So when and what do you plan to go for shopping ?
    Pre-sisely!!!

I dont plan on shooping at all.. WHat I do plan on doing is revewing!!! Lots an lots of reviews of dealers and their products. Locals, Chinese etc etc.

Expert Member

Thumbs up Congratsa.............. :)

Thanks a lot 1st Stranger bro! Your prayers were answered. I got the upgraded lic today. I can now purchase .22/.222/.223 on semi auto instead of just .22

Al Hamdulillahi Rabbil Aa Lameen ....

Ed Brother... Manyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy Congrats...............!!!!

really happy that you got it...

May Allah SWT protect us all from khawari and harm in this life and hereafter. Ameen

By the way, ED bro, on a side note, as nows days I am also in process of license.... I have a question....!

After advised by many, I am going to apply for .22Lr.. license for occasional hunting, but after your experience isn't it wise to straight away go for provincial rifle license like you upgraded now... I mean a rifle license which cover all, i.e. .22/.222/.223....?
    Islam began as something strange & will revert to being strange as it began, so give glad tidings to the strangers. (Muslim)

Quote Originally Posted by 1stranger View Post
    Al Hamdulillahi Rabbil Aa Lameen ....

Ed Brother... Manyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy Congrats...............!!!!

really happy that you got it...

May Allah SWT protect us all from khawari and harm in this life and hereafter. Ameen

By the way, ED bro, on a side note, as nows days I am also in process of license.... I have a question....!

After advised by many, I am going to apply for .22Lr.. license for occasional hunting, but after your experience isn't it wise to straight away go for provincial rifle license like you upgraded now... I mean a rifle license which cover all, i.e. .22/.222/.223....?
    Thank u kind sir for all your prayers. My simply sitting in front of his face all day long and my freind's phone calls did it! Sabar (patience) works!

Unless i am mistaken the Punjab NPB rifle license automatically covers ALL npb calibres (barring the Pak military ones)

This whole upgrade thing is just a scam of the sindh home department. There are no actual fees/back receipts not even a reference number. its like our 144 permits. Every 3 months we need to renew our permits for the privilege of carrying our own licensed weapons.