Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Upgrading rifle licenses

Member Emeritus Enigmatic Desires's Avatar

Upgrading rifle licenses

I have been hearing that rifle licenses are being upgraded from .22/B.A to semi auto as well.

The Sindh Home department issues a letter for .222/.223 along with stamp for purchasing such a weapon.

I have been quoted rates from 45k to 30k for the same.

Duly armed with a reference I went to the section Officer Home Dep. on Friday.

Unfortunately, the guard outdide teh Home dep refused to let me in. The dep. does not like people on Fridays

So I went today as well.

The people in the guard house issued me a pass after I gave them my original cnic and gave reasons for my visit as well as the person I was trying to meet.

once inside the home dep I accidentally went to the wrong room. The bloke sitting over there told me it cant be done.

Undeterred I managed to find the S.O's room and showed him my employment card along with a copy of my cnic and license. He asked me to submit an application along with the relevant docs. I wrote an application on the spot and submitted the 2 copies. I.e my cnic and license that I had already taken with me.

he, however refused to take my license and asked me to come back in a few days.

So am keeping my fingers crossed.

Please note that I had used a reference. I have no idea how I would have fared without it.

I want to go back preferably on a Friday. And interview him at lengh regarding 144 permits, increase in bullets, fresh licenses etc etc.

the dealers charge an arm and a leg for these services, I am sure he will not do so freely for everyone. But I am also reasonably sure that if we cut out the middlemen we will be able to make a lot of savings.

i would have asked him today but for the fact that there were a lot of people already there and well it did not seem right..
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

Good work ED Bro, at least we'll get an actual picture of the home dept. processes, whats legal and whats not instead of having to guess each and every rule, this will shed light on all the relevant info. Your efforts are much appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by semperfi View Post
    Good work ED Bro, at least we'll get an actual picture of the home dept. processes, whats legal and whats not instead of having to guess each and every rule, this will shed light on all the relevant info. Your efforts are much appreciated
    Exactly how do u ask such a question? as in charges and all that..
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

"Thinkleft and think right and think low and think high.
    The thinks you can think up if only you try!"

Why not add a "2" or "3" after a ".22_", by your self, as per liking ?

Quote Originally Posted by Mian Jee View Post
    "Thinkleft and think right and think low and think high.
    The thinks you can think up if only you try!"

Why not add a "2" or "3" after a ".22_", by your self, as per liking ?
    YES!!!! A man after my own heart...

unfortunately it will have to go to the Home dep for weapon entry and once they realised how I have cheated em of their hard earned income.. Its pfffttt for me..

Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatic Desires View Post
    YES!!!! A man after my own heart...

unfortunately it will have to go to the Home dep for weapon entry and once they realised how I have cheated em of their hard earned income.. Its pfffttt for me..
    I know & you are right, why not put all the blame on them that they fergot to enter the third "2" on the register, just like mistakes in MOI cards.

I mean, why not give it a try ?

Just for Science!

Quote Originally Posted by Mian Jee View Post
    I know & you are right, why not put all the blame on them that they fergot to enter the third "2" on the register, just like mistakes in MOI cards.

I mean, why not give it a try ?

Just for Science!

Science is good!

But I kind of draw the line at becoming a guinea pig

Lord of War
    I faced the same situation back in 2006-07. I was there in HD for 144 permit. The clerks refused me to issue the permit. What I did, I asked those clerks to give me their comments in writting on my applicaion. I told them that otherwise, I would do it through dealer by giving money and would complain to home secretary in writing about this whole process. They just changed their behavior and offered me tea and issued me the permit.
    If a license-update can be issued to a in-eligible person by giving money, then why not to an educated eligible person?
    Dr. Awan

So went there today. And was asked to come back next week.

Dear All,

Any body knows , if some one is Under age like not attaining Age of 18 years , can he or she can ask for Valid NPB licence, Because one of my friend ask me to confirm with someone ,
    Because of killing in specific religion Group in Pakistan,and few of his family members are murdered in couple of years before.

Please if any one knows , he is under age still he can ask for valid licence ?? what is the law??

please help me in this regards

Quote Originally Posted by moazamali5 View Post
    Dear All,

Any body knows , if some one is Under age like not attaining Age of 18 years , can he or she can ask for Valid NPB licence, Because one of my friend ask me to confirm with someone ,
    Because of killing in specific religion Group in Pakistan,and few of his family members are murdered in couple of years before.

Please if any one knows , he is under age still he can ask for valid licence ?? what is the law??

please help me in this regards
    No... Irrespective of the compelling reasons. He cant. Heck he cant even get a cnic how can he get a fire arms license??

The age has been increased to 25 years now.

In extreme cases they 'might' issue one for people below 25. But certainly NO WAY below 18

thanks for your reply ,he is under age but he pay lot of money to get licence , and he send me some pics , that he got NPB licence ,

its very strange but he got it ..really

As far as Lahore is concerned, one only has to get the bore changed on his licence from either a pistol/ revolver or a shotgun to "NPB Rifle" and then simply purchase/ enter the rifle on the licence and then get it entered in the DC's office record... Got it done recently... Dealers have different rates, so one has to be wise... As far as Karachi is concerned, my cousin also got it done a week ago, got the letter and bought a .223 rifle... Its simpler in Lahore though as we don't have to get that letter issued, its just your licence on which the bore has to be changed...
    Last edited by SIGlock; 30-08-2013 at 09:04 AM.
    Its not the gun which matters... Its the man behind the gun which matters...!!!

I have a similar query regarding upgradation if any senior member can guide me. I have two pistol licenses from KPK/Peshawar, wanted to know if there is any mechanism/procedure to change them to a rifle/shotgun. I have tried getting some info but nothing concrete so far. I don't know why is it so complicated. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by SIGlock View Post
    As far as Lahore is concerned, one only has to get the bored changed on his licence from either a pistol/ revolver or a shotgun to "NPB Rifle" and then simply purchase/ enter the rifle on the licence and then get it entered in the DC's office record... Got it done recently... Dealers have different rates, so one has to be wise... As far as Karachi is concerned, my cousin also got it done a week ago, got the letter and bought a .223 rifle... Its simpler in Lahore though as we don't have to get that letter issued, its just your licence on which the bore has to be changed...
    How much did he have to pay for the letter?

Quote Originally Posted by moazamali5 View Post
    thanks for your reply ,he is under age but he pay lot of money to get licence , and he send me some pics , that he got NPB licence ,

its very strange but he got it ..really
    Dont worry, by and large we all pay a lot of money for our licenses.

However if he is not even 18 then he does not have a license but a book that 'claims' to be a license.

Its not a license as such. Since Pakistani Law does not allow a person below 18 to even drive and vote. Possession of arms license is totally out of the picture.

So went there today. And was asked to come back next week.
    What happened to your references? You shouldn't have had any issues.

Regards

Oh he was nicer then before. Even offered me tea and asked me to come back on Tuesday. he said the senior officers are in court due to the hearing of the Karachi violence case. And they should be free from Tuesday onwards.

Mine is a patient soul.

How much did he have to pay for the letter?
    Will check and let you know as early as possible... In the meanwhile, I would like to share my experience as it might be helpful for others... The first dealer who I had contacted, told me that he would have to get a new copy issued, report the original one lost/stolen which would cost around 15-16K, then getting the receipt would be another 5-6K and few more Ks for entering the gun on the licence and in the DC's office... The total amount would've been around 24-25K...!!! Basically he wanted to have the whole chicken rather than a golden egg... So I contacted another dealer and he got it done in 9K... The breakdown goes like this: 1K for the bore change, 5K for the receipt which one needs to have in order to get it entered in the DC's office and the rest 3K was to enter the gun on the licence and then in the DC's office which couldn't cost 3K but I ignored it as there was a big difference between 25K and 9K... ;-)
    Last edited by SIGlock; 30-08-2013 at 09:22 AM.
    Its not the gun which matters... Its the man behind the gun which matters...!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SIGlock View Post
    Will check and let you know as early as possible... In the meanwhile, I would like to share my experience as it might be helpful for others... The first dealer who I had contacted, told me that he would have to get a new copy issued, report the original one lost/stolen which would cost around 15-16K, then getting the receipt would be another 5-6K and few more Ks for entering the gun on the licence and in the DC's office... The total amount would've been around 24-25K...!!! Basically he wanted to have the whole chicken rather than a golden egg... So I contacted another dealer and he got it done in 9K... The breakdown goes like this: 1K for the bore change, 5K for the receipt which one needs to have in order to get it entered in the DC's office and the rest 3K was to enter the gun on the licence and then in the DC's office which couldn't cost 3K but I ignored it as there was a big difference between 25K and 9K... ;-)
    Hmm here in Sindh there is no bore change requirement. A simple stamp that says the license can be used to purchase a semi auto weapon and a letter that says the same thing that U show to dealers before they sell u their stuff.

The stamp and letter combo cost around 30k through dealers and are free if U know the right people.