Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Revolver Vs. Pistol

Member Emeritus Enigmatic Desires's Avatar
    Somehow. i think i will stick to either Taurus or Arminius. They are a fraction of the price!
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

This is my former EDC an Arminius HW 3. A limited edition in SS finish. I was able to replace the grips. For either shooting or for cc.

Unlike a pistol when u can change the grip panels. A revolver's grips can be changed completely
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatic Desires View Post
    IMHO I have yet to see a single incident in which the the armed GG (Good guy as opposed to LEA) had to reload. Most people I know carry TTs

As regards the wheel sticking out. In my case when i use an IWB it nestled in the holster and n the pants directly behind the pocket which is rarely ever empty. So it does not show

I will take pictures of both my holstered firearms to show u what i mean.

Its the grip that sticks out conspicuously like a sore thumb and the grip I can change when ever I like.

Both the TT and the 1911 are strictly SA weapons combat. I have yet to see an SA 'combat' revolver. (apart from the peace makers of yore)

The Ruger does a decent SA revolver in its black hawk series. But they are essentially hunting and sports shooting weapons.
    Pakgun's member FAISJI once narrated an incident, he shot 24 rounds from his makarov and changed 4 mags. i am sure there will be many incidents like this one.

Quote Originally Posted by colt 1911 View Post
    Pakgun's member FAISJI once narrated an incident, he shot 24 rounds from his makarov and changed 4 mags. i am sure there will be many incidents like this one.
    Oh of course. I am sure. But by and large it does not happen that way.

Besides if he had the opportunity to reload quadruple times. Then I dont think he would have been underarmed with a wheel gun either. Since the Mak PM has more or less the same capacity as a wheelie.

Yes. They have higher ammo capacity. logic dicates that more ammo is good.

But there is an adverse side to it as well.

Quite apart from the whole 'if-u-cant-do-in-7-u-cant-do-in-17 argument.

Every bullet sent down range in the heat of the moment is the sole responsibility of the shooter. If out of 10 rounds fired even if 5 find hteir mark the other 5 may nail the neighbour's daughter playing hopscotch down the street.

A wheel gun stops the shooter from indulging in a bit of spraying.

My double column mag equipped pt 92 is not much thinner then my wheelie in the grip area.

When I cc either weapon. its the grip part that is conspicuous and prints visibly. the rest just disappears inside the pants and holster.

The grip of a pistol cannot be completely changed since its an integral part of the weapon. The grip of the wheel gun on the other hand can be changed completely. I have used both the minuscule hw3 grip for cc while for range shooting I used the bigger HW 5 grips.

Yes a single column TT would have a thinner profile. But then it has only 7 rounds. the same capacity as my HW 5 and no external safety (or internal safety for that matter) and it cannot be fired in DA mode.

The Baikal 442 does have 12 rounds but then its thick grip makes it print so now the 8 round version is becoming increasingly popular. Again allmost the same ammo capacity as a cc wheel gun.
    no offense intended but i have carried baikal 442 and it doesnt print. yes the grip is thicker but even then it doesnt mean that thicker grips are bound to print. people even carry 1911s without any print so it all depends on how you carry your piece.

Oh of course. I am sure. But by and large it does not happen that way.

Besides if he had the opportunity to reload quadruple times. Then I dont think he would have been underarmed with a wheel gun either. Since the Mak PM has more or less the same capacity as a wheelie.
    well it takes time to reload a revolver as compared to a pistol unless you have speed loaders.

p.s i am not against revolvers. i love all the guns in the world

how much did you pay for the HW3? is it .32 caliber?

well it takes time to reload a revolver as compared to a pistol unless you have speed loaders.

p.s i am not against revolvers. i love all the guns in the world
    Speed loaders have found their way into the market here in Karachi.

but I am not a fan. if i need that kind of fire power i would rather get a pistol.

I do carry a pistol every now and then. The 'coolness' factor is definitely higher with a laser equipped pistol then a plain vanilla revolver.

how much did you pay for the HW3? is it .32 caliber?
    I dont remember how much I got it for. I sold it for 33k though.

yes its .32 S&W long. And since its SS not pot metal, I used to shoot .32acp rounds with it as well.

I dont remember how much I got it for. I sold it for 33k though.

yes its .32 S&W long. And since its SS not pot metal, I used to shoot .32acp rounds with it as well.
    Any One you like the best is the BEST for you Doesn't matter how great the gun if you cant hit the target your just wasting your time and maybe your LIFE ...
    Insured By Glock !

Quote Originally Posted by usman.baba View Post
    Any One you like the best is the BEST for you Doesn't matter how great the gun if you cant hit the target your just wasting your time and maybe your LIFE ...
    Well.. I seldom hit what I aim irrespective of which gun i use. So it really does'nt matter

Another advantage of revolvers over pistols that I had forgotten was "magazines" I bought the PT 92 primarily cause magazines are available.

But for the Baikal 446 I have been trying to find mags (Extra ones that is) for a friend in Karachi and I have not been able to do so. Extra TP 9 mags are also not available here.

If u lose or break your magazine/s then the pistol is a nice big hunk of metal.

What is the availability of speedloaders here?
    "Stop acting so small! You are the universe in ecstatic motion." - Rumi

Quote Originally Posted by SZBR View Post
    What is the availability of speedloaders here?
    few and far between.

they pop up every now and then

Well.. I seldom hit what I aim irrespective of which gun i use. So it really does'nt matter
    So it really does'nt matter --- yes Sir you right.
    Insured By Glock !

Another thing I realised today.

http://www.pakguns.com/showthread.ph...aj-subha-subha

Wheel guns dont go into 'auto' mode by themselves or fire by themselves when u load em.

Gun magazine "experts" like to claim a "pistol" is only an autoloader.

Originally, all pistols were single shot muzzle-loaders. Then came pepperbox muzzle-loaders. Then came revolving pistols. Samuel Colt, who should surely know, called his invention a "revolving pistol", or just a "pistol", as did most manufacturers. Later came autoloading, or "automatic" pistols.

If it doesn't have a stock and you're supposed to shoot it one-handed, it's a pistol, no matter how the magazine is arranged.

The term "handgun" came about much later. I guess to differentiate them from footguns. Or, more likely, once the "experts" decided that "pistol" only applied to automatics, they needed a word to describe the other one-handed shooting devices.

a little help ED bro. EDC= Enigmatic Desire's ccw or something else? secondly I am a noob when it comes to wheel guns. whats the make and model of your current EDC? this thread just sparked a interest in me for wheelies

Supreme Member
    Edc=Every Day Carry
    revolvers are making a huge come back in markets everywhere apparently. Different sizes from subcompact to extra large (think S&W500), different capacities from 5-8 shots, different materials from titanium to polymer, and different configurations from concealed carry to tactical. The LAPD Swat team even commissioned Smith and Wesson to design a revolver for the point man (first man in) during raids. I think reliability, accuracy, and stopping power was their reasoning. Anyways, the TRR8 is the result, a 357 magnum in L (or N, I forget) frame in scandium alloy finished in matte black, 8 shot steel cylinder, with top and bottom rails...
    cool
    I mean what's not to like? Same capacity as the average 1911, and with speed loaders, or faster still with moon clips, the average guy won't even be at much of a disadvantage when it comes to reload speed.

The man who fears no truth has nothing to fear from lies.
    (Thomas Jefferson)

Quote Originally Posted by Fudgepacker View Post
    Edc=Every Day Carry
    revolvers are making a huge come back in markets everywhere apparently. Different sizes from subcompact to extra large (think S&W500), different capacities from 5-8 shots, different materials from titanium to polymer, and different configurations from concealed carry to tactical. The LAPD Swat team even commissioned Smith and Wesson to design a revolver for the point man (first man in) during raids. I think reliability, accuracy, and stopping power was their reasoning. Anyways, the TRR8 is the result, a 357 magnum in L (or N, I forget) frame in scandium alloy finished in matte black, 8 shot steel cylinder, with top and bottom rails...
    cool
    I mean what's not to like? Same capacity as the average 1911, and with speed loaders, or faster still with moon clips, the average guy won't even be at much of a disadvantage when it comes to reload speed.
    http://www.handgunsmag.com/2010/09/2...ns_hg_0208_03/

Just finished reading this article. I am sure it will eventually find a way to our shores.. I am also sure it will be in the region of $4000+