Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Revolver Vs. Pistol

ED do post pictures once you get the gun i'm also planning to get A HW3. although i'm more inclined towards the 38 special round let's see what i can find. what do used 38 special revolvers go for generally (barrel length of 4 inches or less)?

Member Emeritus Enigmatic Desires's Avatar
    I saw one at a dealership. The finishing was long gone. As in completely. . No sights and broken grip. Asking 28k I let it pass.
    I also saw a gold plated 6 shot heavily engraved Taurus. the firing pin on it was wobbling and was attached to the hammer. Unlike the HW's transfer bar safety system. Since I have no desire of looking like a drug lord I let it pass. the asking price on that peice was 45k.

.38 and thier elder sisters the .357 magnums are considerably more expensive.
    I saw a Colt once. I think it was a King Cobra. Used in 85% consition. Asking was around 400k

Tauruses of either .38 or .357 are around 150k or so.
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

Expert Member
    @ED being a wheelie lover, COLT Snakes are pure love. I am sitting on a deal of COLT Diamondback in 22 magnum. Favorite revolver in favorite caliber but no License.
    I sometimes think of getting one from KPK but the horror stories really haunts.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahmad View Post
    @ED being a wheelie lover, COLT Snakes are pure love. I am sitting on a deal of COLT Diamondback in 22 magnum. Favorite revolver in favorite caliber but no License.
    I sometimes think of getting one from KPK but the horror stories really haunts.
    I last say .22 mag wheelie here in Karachi waaay back in 2012 or so. It is nice, it is. Get it on the KPK lic. This is what a lot of us are doing in Khi as well. Once the Punjab provincial authorities commence issuing lics, you can do the same as well and keep the KPK in reserve. Besides their card lics are typically delivered within 3 to 4 days when it comes to chancing weapons and procuring a new card for that.
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

Expert Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatic Desires View Post
    I last say .22 mag wheelie here in Karachi waaay back in 2012 or so. It is nice, it is. Get it on the KPK lic. This is what a lot of us are doing in Khi as well. Once the Punjab provincial authorities commence issuing lics, you can do the same as well and keep the KPK in reserve. Besides their card lics are typically delivered within 3 to 4 days when it comes to chancing weapons and procuring a new card for that.
    I don't have a KPK address nor my job posting is there, do you still recommend it. I am inclined towards KPK license as they can be verified online plus being Computerized Card, they are accepted by LEA. I know certain cases where they register FIR on manual licenses or at least held weapon until they got confirmation on veracity of license. It is not easy to get Baluchistan manual licenses verified by post until somebody go their in person.

I don't have a KPK address nor my job posting is there, do you still recommend it. I am inclined towards KPK license as they can be verified online plus being Computerized Card, they are accepted by LEA. I know certain cases where they register FIR on manual licenses or at least held weapon until they got confirmation on veracity of license. It is not easy to get Baluchistan manual licenses verified by post until somebody go their in person.
    Bro get it, don,t worry.

Expert Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FA226 View Post
    Bro get it, don,t worry.
    FA226 Bro, can you suggest any guy who deals in KPK license.

i would not recommend carrying a weapon on one. But I do not think there can be any harm if the same were used to get a coveted firearm. Especially since they are computerized as well.

FA226 Bro, can you suggest any guy who deals in KPK license.
    Bro i dont have any source,most of dealer in peshawar do it.but if want i will find out who deal with it.

Expert Member
    Thanks Bhai, I will check With Ajmal Virk, He recently done the process.

Member Extraordinaire ajmal virk's Avatar
    someone is talking about me here

Name:  IMG-20170102-WA0000.jpg
Views: 279
Size:  74.9 KBName:  IMG-20170102-WA0001.jpg
Views: 269
Size:  96.5 KBName:  IMG-20161230-WA0006.jpg
Views: 269
Size:  56.4 KBName:  IMG-20161230-WA0005.jpg
Views: 271
Size:  55.8 KB

I Guess you are referring to this...

It is mine...Condition is 99.99%
    02atif25@gmail.com

I saw one at a dealership. The finishing was long gone. As in completely. . No sights and broken grip. Asking 28k I let it pass.
    I also saw a gold plated 6 shot heavily engraved Taurus. the firing pin on it was wobbling and was attached to the hammer. Unlike the HW's transfer bar safety system. Since I have no desire of looking like a drug lord I let it pass. the asking price on that peice was 45k.

.38 and thier elder sisters the .357 magnums are considerably more expensive.
    I saw a Colt once. I think it was a King Cobra. Used in 85% consition. Asking was around 400k

Tauruses of either .38 or .357 are around 150k or so.

I guess you are referring to this

Name:  IMG-20170102-WA0003.jpg
Views: 278
Size:  73.4 KBName:  IMG-20170102-WA0003.jpg
Views: 278
Size:  73.4 KBName:  IMG-20161230-WA0005.jpg
Views: 273
Size:  55.8 KB

Condition is 99.99%
    02atif25@gmail.com

Hanh Hanh bilkul bilkul ^ (Yes Yes definitely Definitely ^)

Breaking open this hoary old chestnut of a thread since people seem to be interested in buying wheelies, once again

Breaking open this hoary old chestnut of a thread since people seem to be interested in buying wheelies, once again
    Contrary to buying, I sold mine
    02atif25@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by atifpanhwar View Post
    Contrary to buying, I sold mine
    Which one? What condition in? and whom to (if a dealer that is)? I was/(still kinda am) looking for one that does not require me to sell an arm and a leg (or more) to acquire...
    Live Fast, Die Young and leave behind a good-looking corpse....

the average price of a German Arminius 7 shot .32 snw long in Karachi is hovering around 20 to 30k or so last I checked. However, .357 Taurus wheelies start from 120k onwards fro used DAO peices

the average price of a German Arminius 7 shot .32 snw long in Karachi is hovering around 20 to 30k or so last I checked. However, .357 Taurus wheelies start from 120k onwards fro used DAO peices
    Thank you for the prompt update ED (as always).

I was actually in the market when I read your post on Friday and found myself a very decent and sparingly used .32 SNW HW3 in the same price bracket. Nabeel at Chaudry Arms was nice enough to let me take the revolver (after exchange of money obviously) with the condition that I test fire it before I make up my mind.

Apparently it belonged to a retired Major who had used it very sparingly.

Contrary to my liking, as all ranges are kind of shut to the general public, I test fired two rounds in an empty plot towards the ground. Good feel, central pin impact and no issues otherwise (as expected). I am glad to finally have found an HW3 to my liking.

Here are a few images of the revolver and the impact the firing pin

Name:  WhatsApp Image 2019-03-08 at 16.36.16.jpg
Views: 68
Size:  44.1 KB
    Name:  WhatsApp Image 2019-03-08 at 16.49.37.jpg
Views: 68
Size:  37.5 KB
    Name:  WhatsApp Image 2019-03-08 at 19.21.05.jpg
Views: 67
Size:  35.0 KB