Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What Makes Guns Thrice as Expensive in Pakistan?

Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatic Desires View Post
    And there is the little matter of investment. A crore or 2.. for starters
    Brother, I don't think so. I have vast experience in company matters, though not in arms field, but hopefully i'll handle it very well.

a gr8 idea from Verve bro and as Mr Solangi said he can help manage the cooperate legal requirements ... We can push this idea to the management ....
    But wat will happen to all the dalers ??? can imagine ... selling chickens and the PAKGUN outlet(s) always short on "in stock" with long que of back orders ....

Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post

That is the reason, the prices of pistols other than EU and US make (CZ, Taurus, Zastave, Norinco and etc) are quite reasonable.
    Bro, please refer to the world map. Czech Republic shares border with Austria (Glock) and Germany (H&K) and is also listed in EU countries

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Solangi View Post
    Bro, please refer to the world map. Czech Republic shares border with Austria (Glock) and Germany (H&K) and is also listed in EU countries
    Your point is valid, if Czech can export to Pakistan, why not Austria and German ?????

Bro, these arms dealers have done enough to we the gun lovers and have made me to think of starting arms import business

Quote Originally Posted by pisces007 View Post
    What Makes Guns Thrice as Expensive in Pakistan

youuuu and meeee.....
    dont buy a 500 usd dolor gun for 400k pkr
    again who cares itna ammer k ... me pesa lolzzz
    Quote Originally Posted by Asif Ali View Post
    Your point is valid, if Czech can export to Pakistan, why not Austria and German ?????

Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    The reason for high prices of European and US made weapons is restriction on export of these weapons to Pakistan imposed by EU and US. The dealers have to arrange special permissions from concerned departments which is time and money consuming. Even after obtaining these permissions, they are allowed to import limited quantity. These restrictions is quite relaxed when it comes to sporting weapons like shotguns and bolt action rifles. That is the reason, their prices are quite reasonable. It is another story that Pakistani Government don't allow import of rifles and issue import permit in limited quantity which affects prices of rifles. But when it comes to pistols other than .22LR, they fall in the category of assault weapons thus making it difficult to get export permission from EU and US.

Sometimes, the dealers have to use other channels to import weapon into Pakistan like routing them from third country which again involves lot of money (import & export taxes, shipment costs), time and hassle. That's why they charge premium on those weapons

That is the reason, the prices of pistols other than EU and US make (CZ, Taurus, Zastave, Norinco and etc) are quite reasonable.

On other hand, the money involved in getting import permit from Government of Pakistan also affect prices of weapons which dealers pass on to the consumers. So, basically it is not import duty which affects prices of weapons but other factors as well.
    If that is the case then why are some brand new assault options [US made] cheaper then a Glock in the market I agree with @sulzar with dealers the math is 2+2=22 lolololololol taxes and import restrictions too plus mithai here and mithai there and an overall colonial and gun hating law and mind set of our decision makers....they dont want honest folks to have guns as thats a coveted right they keep for themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatic Desires View Post
    And there is the little matter of investment. A crore or 2.. for starters
    Indeed at least 4-5 crores in my opinion just to get the basics on and variety in ammo....we lack variety...badly.....would love to get cheap 38's -_- I am tired of getting my uncles to get army dump stuff for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Verve View Post
    9000+ members .... why can't PG become an importer and seller. This will surely drop the rip off prices charged by dealers. A lot of American gun forums have shops selling ammo and guns! Why can't we do it here?

If a small gun seller can import 400 guns a year, there are very well connected members here who can have a much higher annual import quota approved and stamped letter.
    There is a simple answer to that.....The US constitution guarantees the right of its citizens to bear arms. The laws of each state must conform to a certain extent with the basic tenets of the federal constitution. Gun laws still vary widely from state to state especially since the new president is partial to anti-gun campaigners many blue states are steadily restricting gun ownership and introducing ever more stringent control protocols. Our law on the other hand is mostly colonial in nature. We havent changed our laws that much and thus our constitution and our various legal codes dont guarantee nor deny gun rights....what this does is it leaves a gray area which govt's exploit.....the British raj used this gray area to award favors to prominent families by letting them have as much as they wanted.

For instance my family was the owner of a small arsenal of rifles and auto pistols. There were even some SMG's but most of them were confiscated before partition sadly. This practice of favoritism is still in play as gun politics are still ripe and present great opportunities to win people over and thus our civilian gun ownership regime actually encourages illegal ownership rather than legal ownership....the lack of PB and NPB permits is a good example of that....

Many of our well connected members are as you said "well connected" because they are in the loop [no offence meant] and if they start moving their weight around too much they will be tossed out of the loop as gun politics helps make more money then gun dealerships ever could

I dont think our laws will allow PG to permit dealing here, licences and permits and what not....they will need a premises for sure and clearance to sell through out Pakistan as our membership base is very diverse. Lots of legal lacuna's that no one wants to get into as it creates more trouble then it solves.

I have a proposal for PG members/viewers; The insane arms and ammo prices are the result of Government ban on legal import of the same. The PM Citizen Complaint Portal is very active. Why not some or many of us post complaints against Commerce Ministry, explaining that the wrong policy is causing loss of revenue to government. It is also hurting lawful licence holders and encouraging smuggling.
    Thoughts ?
    Last edited by Imtiaz Shah; 09-06-2019 at 06:39 AM.

Sorry sir it is not the domain of FBR.
    it is domain of only and only Ministry of Commerce .
    So change in your good suggestion only one sentence .
    Instead of FBR MOC

Quote Originally Posted by Imtiaz Shah View Post
    I have a proposal for PG members/viewers; The insane arms and ammo prices are the result of Government ban on legal import of the same. The PM Citizen Complaint Portal is very active. Why not some or many of us post complaints against Commerce Ministry, explaining that the wrong policy is causing loss of revenue to government. It is also hurting lawful licence holders and encouraging smuggling.
    Thoughts ?
    Even if they get 500 complaints things could change positively
    Since citizen portal have to submit valid answers on all grounds.
    My life my rules...
    Afzaal.pg @ gmail