Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: .17 caliber

dear pak gunners.
    i m willing to buy .17 caliber in Sako Varmint ,actually ths iz my frds gun and he iz selling ths,but i dont hv any information regd it is a prohibted or non prohibted boar?some arms dealers said that ths is NPB and some said PB.so plz help me out!
    regds

Enthusiast
    if its bolt action then it is NPB. probably cos its smaller than 22 , they might even allow it in semiauto.

@Turumti
    yes thz iz bolt action rifle.

PakGuns Expert Panel
    @SanSyed, .17 is not a prohibited bore, actually i own .17 mach2 and .17HMR. These are on my NPB licences. .17 is the newest rimfire bore with some very interesting capabilities. Its very small 17 grain pallet has the muzzle velocity of more than 2200m/s, that is twice the speed of sound. Its tragectory is almost flat. More and more people are turning to this bore for varmint control(.17 mach2) and small game hunting(.17 HMR) because of their excellent accuracy and ballistics.
    \"You cannot build character and courage by taking away a man\'s initiative and independence.\"

Enthusiast
    .17 is nice but very loud. It is essentially a varmint round for gophers, prairie dogs an other such rodents, which weigh less than 5 pounds. Most professional pest controllers in the West prefer a moderated (silencer equipped) 22LR rifle with 40 grain subsonic ammo.

Member Emeritus Enigmatic Desires's Avatar
    first time I ever heard of a calibre even smaller then .22
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

bro i buy that gun and very soon i will uload pic's...........its really koooooooooooool.
    one more .17 in Remington mod700 BDL is available in stainless .its also a very nce gun.

Member Extraordinaire
    Whats the ammo pricing for .17HMR and .17Mach2? Plus, what guns are available in Pakistan in this caliber?

The .17HMR can make a fine target rifle with its flat trajectory, and better range compared to the heavier .22s
    Outlawing guns will ensure that only outlaws will have guns.

PakGuns Expert Panel
    .17 ammo is expensive as compared to .22. I bought .17HMR winchester at Rs. 50 and .17 Mach2 Eley Rs. 32. This thing make this fine caliber unsuitable for target shooting, as .22 is available at 1/3rd price.
    Finest, Anschutz, sako and CZ are available in Lahore in .17Mach2. I haven't seen any 17HMR at any shop for quite sometime in LAHORE.
    \"You cannot build character and courage by taking away a man\'s initiative and independence.\"

+Hasan
    Ammo for .17 is vey expensive and this factor would take out all the fun that might be invlolved in shooting this Rifle.
    People can always forgive the insult put on to them by you but they can never forget it.
    "My Mother"

pics would be appricated
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

PakGuns Expert Panel
    @Enigmatic Desires, Here are the Pics

This is SAKO QUAD with 4 rimfire interchangeable barrels(.22LR, .22WMR. .17Mach2, .17HMR)

PakGuns Expert Panel

From left .22LR Eley TenEx, .17Mach2 Eley, .17 HMR Winchester, .22 WMR Fedral.

PakGuns Expert Panel

From left .22LR Eley TenEx, .17Mach2 Eley V-Max, .17HMR Winchester Supreme V-Max, .22WMR Federal

Sir, what is the price of this fine rifle these days?
    Quote Originally Posted by hasanjamshad
    @Enigmatic Desires, Here are the Pics

This is SAKO QUAD with 4 rimfire interchangeable barrels(.22LR, .22WMR. .17Mach2, .17HMR)
    Technically, licensed guns are just like passports; should only be handled by their authorized person. - Tareen

very nice rifle :cool: but whats the price..??

PakGuns Expert Panel
    @Tareenand Usman, I bought this rifle 1-1/2 year back for 190K. This rifle is not available in the market currently(as far as i know in Laore) so, have no idea what will be the current price.

Thanks Hasan bhai..

The 190K is kinda steep for a rimfire.. but basically its a 4-in-1 rifle then more then worth the price

Quote Originally Posted by SanSyed
    dear pak gunners.
    i m willing to buy .17 caliber in Sako Varmint ,actually ths iz my frds gun and he iz selling ths,but i dont hv any information regd it is a prohibted or non prohibted boar?some arms dealers said that ths is NPB and some said PB.so plz help me out!
    regds
    .17 is roughly 4.5mm equilvalent to an air gun pallet, though a little heavier and longer than the pallet. An airgun pallet is propelled by the release of compressed air, where as .17 HMR / Mach2 is propelled by the expanding gases resulting from the burning gun powedr like in a firearm.

These bullets usually weigh 17 or 20 grains and reach up to 2550 fps. they are flat shooters upto 150 meters, and bullet drop is usually 3~4 inches for 17 grain and 8~9 inches for 20 grain.

This is a varminter round meant for squirrels etc. or for punching paper targets.
    "Musalma Museebat Mein Ghabraya Naheen Karta" Quaid-e-Azam

Banned
    Beautiful gun. A 4 in 1.