Thread: .308 Caliber

.308 Caliber

I want to ask is .308 comes in PB category or NPB ? I have heard that .308 is NPB,
    If yes then is it legal to have PTR-91 (G3 style Semi auto riffle for civilians )

Lord of War
    .308 / 7.62 x 51 is only allowed in bolt action as NPB, in semi auto it is PB

Member Extraordinaire
    Rightly said ballixd all semi auto except. 22 are PB

as the senior members have rightly pointed that it will be a PB as all semi auto rifles except .22 are PB
    Before you embark on a journey of Revenge, dig two graves - Confucius (504 BC)
    102nd Chairborne Rangers, Special Forums Operator Delta, The Keyboard Commandos

But I have heard that Pakistan Army is giving MP5 to Civilians and Retired Army Officers because they are obsoleting Mp5 with Typer 56-2 (7.62), They are giving it on NBP Licence.
    It is discussed over here ( http://www.pakguns.com/showthread.php?10180-Mp5-SMG-9mm ) but they have closed that thread.
    Is MP5 Legal ?

I have not heard any such news from my army contacts. Even if the army has considered phasing out the MP5 which i seriously doubt, they can not hand it out on NPB licences as it is a PB weapon.
    Before you embark on a journey of Revenge, dig two graves - Confucius (504 BC)
    102nd Chairborne Rangers, Special Forums Operator Delta, The Keyboard Commandos

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ballixd View Post
    .308 / 7.62 x 51 is only allowed in bolt action as NPB, in semi auto it is PB
    Thanks ballixd bro for clarification; OP has got his answer. Thread closed.
    Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others.