Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Target shooting with my Baikal Viking

Quote Originally Posted by Aquarius View Post
    Very correct instructions.
    yes they are......thats why i like to go to karsaz range, range master is always observing your shooting and if you have learning attitude they teach you alot...even sometimes scold you as a teacher as well.......but target shooting is not something that you learn overnight.....it takes time, you have to do multiple sessions with around 20-40 bullets fired at each session....and sessions could be once, twice or thrice a week, thats more than enough....that is what i have learned so far...

Quote Originally Posted by Mig View Post
    I think you will like this
    thanks alot..i really like it.......what is the meaning of breaking wrist?

Member Emeritus Enigmatic Desires's Avatar
    Xonsidering the fact that my shots are all over the board and some off it as well. I think i suffer from al the problems in the above mentioned chart.
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatic Desires View Post
    Xonsidering the fact that my shots are all over the board and some off it as well. I think i suffer from al the problems in the above mentioned chart.

Hahahahahahaha.. lol
    "There are no dangerous weapons. There are only dangerous men."

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by raohadi View Post
    Attachment 21317
    Target shooting with Baikal Viking today
    At 10 M
    20 bullets fired total
    Grouping was fine but deviated to the right......instructor said it is due to my firm grip!!...I should loosen my grip a bit, the targets will automatically shift to the center.....
    Lesson learned today= your grip should be ADEQUATE!!....neither should it be too firm nor it should be too loose...happy shooting
    Excellent shooting raohadi bro; I will suggest to concentrate on the groups, practice from 10 meters & keep on increasing distance as you get tightest groups. I will not suggest you to change grip or anything it will make you confuse more, so keep on doing what ever your natural style is DO NOT PLAY WITH YOUR NATURAL STYLE its producing you best groups. Point of impact can be changed by dozen of other means instead of changing shooter's grip, stance, dominant eye etc when he's making such tight groups.
    Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others.

Quote Originally Posted by Denovo87 View Post
    Excellent shooting raohadi bro; I will suggest to concentrate on the groups, practice from 10 meters & keep on increasing distance as you get tightest groups. I will not suggest you to change grip or anything it will make you confuse more, so keep on doing what ever your natural style is DO NOT PLAY WITH YOUR NATURAL STYLE its producing you best groups. Point of impact can be changed by dozen of other means instead of changing shooter's grip, stance, dominant eye etc when he's making such tight groups.
    thanks a lot ....you see there are some basic protocols and techniques which you need to follow for improvement of your skills.....everything in this world has some basic rules which are needed to be followed in order to get better....so in target shooting there are various rules as mentioned previously ( sight alignment, adequate grip, adequate finger placement, straight pull, control of your breath just before the shot, your stance etc)...all these things need to be improved in order to shoot correctly and precisely.....like in my previous range session my target were all on the right side so my instructor changed my stance ( I moved my left foot 4inch backwards), and targets were in the center then even couple of hit the bulls eye......but in this range session although my stance was correct but the grip was too tight....as I loosen my grip a bit the targets were again in the center ( the two bulls eye and one around 5 0 clock)......but yes you are right, the first step for target shooting is to create a tight group even if it is outside the target circles....once grouping is adequate then move to correct your stance to shift it to the center.....once done with these two steps then move to 3rd step, that is increase your range.....

Name:  20150816_194317.jpg
Views: 216
Size:  39.7 KBName:  range.jpg
Views: 200
Size:  36.2 KB shooting at 15M...20 bullets

Enthusiast
    .22 ? Rifle or Pistol?
    "Its not the size of the dog in the fight, its the size of the fight in the dog" -Mark Twain

Baikal Viking 9mm