Page 1 of 46 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Catastrophic Failure, ALL CARACAL OWNERS PLEASE READ AND BE SAFE

Catastrophic Failure, ALL CARACAL OWNERS PLEASE READ AND BE SAFE

After having read multiple reviews done of the caracal C and after intensive research I purchased a Caracal C from Buksh Elahi Lahore on Sep 29th 2012. After the initial clean up and testing I started putting it through it's paces so I could use it as my CC. All the senior members here have stated that at least 500 bullets should be fired from a weapon before it should be considered for defensive carry purposes. In about a months time I had put about 250 Chinese red box 115 grains rounds through the caracal. All this while I had been meticulously maintaining the weapon, observing it's wear and tear and cleaning it after every use.
    On November 16th 2012 my brother wanted to accompany me to my farm (about an hour and half from city) and test the weapon out for himself since I had been raving about it.
    I handed my brother the weapon, he fired the first round without any hiccups, I was looking downrange when my brother fired the second round. To my horror right after he fired the round he fell to the ground in a heap. I ran over to him and turned him over. His face was completely covered in blood. I could make out a hole on top of his eye and blood pouring out of it. For a moment I was paralyzed with fear, thinking the worst, that the projectile had entered his skull. I could only think of his 2 children at the moment in shock. Thankfully in about 10 seconds he started to respond screaming he could not see, I picked him up and took him to the car and started driving back towards the city. In about 5 mins he got his vision back but was still bleeding. The closest hospital was 1 hour away and this drive was one of the most testing times of my life. I had called back to the farm and one of my workers told me the slide had broken in 2 but I was still not sure if anything was lodged inside my brothers skull.
    After the tortures drive I got to the hospital and got an X-ray done. I was too scared to look at it myself, legs shaking in terror. I just handed it to the doctor to let him give me the news. To my relief it was a flesh wound and nothing was lodged inside his skull.
    My brother received 8 stitches and had a severe concussion not to mention a permanent scar on his face. Luckily he fully recovered, if the slide had hit him an inch below he would have lost an eye.
    After the incident I emailed Caracal, explaining to them of this incident but got no reply. I wanted to confirm with them if this was a quality control issue or a design fault inherent in all their weapons.
    I have attached pictures of the handgun after I came back the next day and recovered the weapon from where it had fallen. The slide was completely sheared in 2. I had inspected the weapon a day before and it did not even show a slight sign of any wear and tear.

Again I will reiterate, I have been extremely careful with the weapon. Cleaning it after every use, applying proper lubrication etc. I have also gone over the incident multiple times in my head, trying to figure out if I could have prevented this catastrophic incident but I always come up short.
    I would advise you to please refrain from using this handgun as I would not wish this kind of ordeal even on an enemy.
    Stay Safe.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by kkhan8; 11-02-2013 at 04:26 PM.

Lord of War
    This is a very tragic accident and could have been worst. Glad that your bro and his eyes are ok. Have u checked the condition of the barrel? is it ok or bulged from somewhere? I have never heard of a slide broken into two like this. In earlier Beretta 92, there was an issue of slide flying back to the shooter but they never broke like that. Hopefully senior members and caracal owners can comment further.
    A pretty quick hit is better than a lightning-fast miss. -- Jack Weaver

@Omkhan, Sir the barrel and all other parts of the handgun have been thoroughly inspected. They are all in perfect condition except the slide. Of course I am not a trained armorer but a basic visual inspection shows nothing.

bro KKhan8 i am terrified to see the pictures. I was seriously thinking Caracal after watching the video Posted by Abbas Bhai. But i think will drop the Idea. I hope your brother is well and fully recovered from the wounds. May ALLAH protects you and your family form all dangers Aameen!.

Phewww
    Even reading the whole ordeal was quite painful. We are very thankful to Allah for keeping your brother safe from a permanent disability. I can not comment on the gun itself as I have never used and have mostly heard good things about it but may be our senior friends could state something additional in this regard.
    Please convey our well wishes to your brother. Allah dy mal sha. Ameen

if this was the united states, there would have been a recall notice or some type of notification from caracal, but since this is pakistan, they didnt even bother replying..

you should post this on a internation gun forum, so people can forward it to caracal for a responce.
    one gun is none, two gun is one.
    "happiness is a warm barrel".

very painful and horrible incident happened to you dear "KKHAN8".
    May ALLAH keep you and yours more safe. Ameen.
    Similarly, i also have a plan in my mind to buy this gun. but now .............. will not buy this one at-leat.
    MS (IT)
    RHCE,RHCT,Ex-RHCI,SCSA,SCNA,NCLA,NDCTS,HPUX-CSA,HPUX-CSE,LPI-1,MCSE,MCP+I,CCNA

Blog Entries
    First of all thanks to Almighty Allah for saving your bro from more than he experienced; I can realize how painfull it would be for you to see him in such state. Please convey my wishes to him.

Now on the issue: can you please take clear close ups of the slide specially showing the areas (of both pieces) that it broken from & post here? also post clear close ups of frame showing slide rails & locking block to see if there was anything wrong there.

I really am pissed off on Cracal's non-compliance after being reported of such a big life threatening accident using their product; we can use this very forum to sort them out. So please keep us updated with detailed photos so we could do what would have been done by Caracal people themselves.
    Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others.

@Kkhan8 thank God that your brother is safe,please do give a Sadqa.
    Well i think now it is quite clear what the recall was about.If it were hand loaded ammo it may make sense but it wasnt.
    Up untill now now one has heard about such a huge disaster by a Caracal,if this incident took place in the USA it would had created alot of attention.
    \"Ye daulut bhee lai lo,ye shurat bhee lai lau
    bhalay cheen lo mujsay meri jawaani
    *MAGAR*
    Muj ko Lauta do wo bijli,wo ata,wo chawal,wo roti,wo cheeni,wo pani Bhalay cheen lo mujsai meri jawani\"

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by babaz7 View Post
    if this was the united states, there would have been a recall notice or some type of notification from caracal, but since this is pakistan, they didnt even bother replying..

you should post this on a internation gun forum, so people can forward it to caracal for a responce.
    We are an International forum bro; you will be surprised to learn that this accident has already been spread all over the world just after one hour being posted here .
    Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others.

@Kkhan8
    It is very strange incident. Considering pathetic response/customer care of CARACAL, You should definitely posts some clear closeups pictures along with details of incident in :

caracalforum.com/
    www.facebook.com/CaracalUSA
    www.facebook.com/Caracal.pk

Caracal needs to be held answerable as what happened
    The importer can contact them
    please post this on other international forums too

@kkhan8 brother, Even to read your post is painful. Thanks Allah Almighty that your brother is recovered safely. Pay my best wishes to him. The worst thing is the attitude of caracal people. They must have reply your mail. Anyway as denovo brother stated we must reach them through our forum. Hope Abbas Bhai will take care of the matter and proceed the things with caracal people.
    Habib's

Enthusiast
    @kkhan8...

First of all millions of thanx to Allah The Almighty. As Nazim Sahib suggested please do Sadqa.

I think this is a TEST CASE for PakGuns. MashaAllah we are now more than 7000 and we can make a difference. I know we are not AMERICANS but still we are HUMANS and InshaAllah we will make a difference.

We have already been discussing DEFECTIVE Caracal in another thread. I suggest to post this incident on INTERNATIONAL FORUMS and SOCIAL MEDIA.

@kkhan8
    My dear, is it possible for you to share the initial Serial No of your gun with us? It would give us some idea if it was from the same recalled stock or otherwise? If I am not wrong, the Serial Nos of the recalled stock started with B, F , L, M etc.

Enthusiast
    @Jibz...

Rora I think ALL Caracal pistols sold in Pakistan belong to this Stock.

horrific incident may ur brother recover soon, i was always of the view caracal is pos now its proven, I hate this gun and wud never even trade chinese tt for it

Yes may be that is the case, but I had read somewhere that the initial stock was OK (Our Chief had also tested it quite thoroughly with 1100 rounds through its pipe) and then the second shipment with starting initials of B,C,F,L and M were defective. I am referring to the following link which has been quoted previously under other threads on PG.
    http://www.caracal-usa.com/press/caracal-pistol-recall/
    Last edited by Jibz; 11-02-2013 at 03:18 PM.

@mubaidq, @dragunov @Avais Thank you for your kind words and wishes. I will pass them on to my brother
    @nazim Sahib @Doktar it was a very close call, sadka was definitely in order.
    @jibz, Sir the serial number is CP

@Denovo87 I have been trying to take some closeup photos but I always seem to loose focus. I will try to take them again today and post them.

Thanks to Almighty Allah who safe your brother. Now we should weight for CARACAL reply before saying anything.
    Regards,
    I don't have to be careful, I've got a gun.