Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Norinco NP 34 vs Norinco CF 98 vs Norinco NP 22

ok i got it brother, it would be better if they keep these for HD purpose only, they are damn expensive to waste for fun shooting.....

Supreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by D3AD! View Post
    ok i got it brother, it would be better if they keep these for HD purpose only, they are damn expensive to waste for fun shooting.....
    Oh definitely. They're not as expensive as that here, but at over $1/round (100PKR) it's still expensive enough not to be used regularly for fun.
    If you want to keep a mag full for defense, I'd just fire off enough to know where they will hit, and to be certain that your gun will cycle them.

The man who fears no truth has nothing to fear from lies.
    (Thomas Jefferson)

I think its very unusual replying to such an old thread. But somebody told me that cf98 has some commercial version which were not good. But their military version is very very good. Someone please tell me how to differentiate between military and commercial version?

Quote Originally Posted by abuzar4zu View Post
    I think its very unusual replying to such an old thread. But somebody told me that cf98 has some commercial version which were not good. But their military version is very very good. Someone please tell me how to differentiate between military and commercial version?
    Sir don't worry, CF98 is as good as NP42..... NP42 was the name used for Chinese military while CF98 was the name given to first generation which was exported commercially.... No difference. Second generation was imported under the name of NP42.... CF 98 was initially imported by different people and had different markings but as per my info manufacturer of all was the same... Same came with markings of Norinco, some with names of Shaheen etc.... China often exports the products under different names. One reason is that Norinco is banned in US...
    Before you embark on a journey of Revenge, dig two graves - Confucius (504 BC)
    102nd Chairborne Rangers, Special Forums Operator Delta, The Keyboard Commandos

Quote Originally Posted by Fraz View Post
    Sir don't worry, CF98 is as good as NP42..... NP42 was the name used for Chinese military while CF98 was the name given to first generation which was exported commercially.... No difference. Second generation was imported under the name of NP42.... CF 98 was initially imported by different people and had different markings but as per my info manufacturer of all was the same... Same came with markings of Norinco, some with names of Shaheen etc.... China often exports the products under different names. One reason is that Norinco is banned in US...
    thank you for that @fraz. And if i have options of these which one will be better?
    1. Np22
    2. Cf-98
    3. B-6
    4. St-9
    After getting a good repo of norinco, i thought why not to try again. Im more focused on np22

thank you for that @fraz. And if i have options of these which one will be better?
    1. Np22
    2. Cf-98
    3. B-6
    4. St-9
    After getting a good repo of norinco, i thought why not to try again. Im more focused on np22
    NP22 is the best option, works everytime, shoots everything, no FTF no FTE.
    ST-9 is the worst option, expensive nowadays, striker's life is approximetly 500 rds.

CF98/NP42 are excellent pistols, very concealable.

B6, i saw a cracked frame B6 POF and a Sarsilmaz Bernardeli ... i think the polymer isn't exactly right

1. Np22
    2. Cf-98
    3. B-6
    4. St-9
    If you have to carry the weapon daily (on your person) then CF98, being small and lighter is recommended for EDC.... If it is to be kept in home then NP 22/34

If you have to carry the weapon daily (on your person) then CF98, being small and lighter is recommended for EDC.... If it is to be kept in home then NP 22/34
    Do you have any idea about the current prices of these?

i want to carry it daily. But i want to use np22. Because its based on sig p226. So i think that would be good for me. And one thing i found that, a longer barrel will have a good accuracy than a shorter barrel

Quote Originally Posted by hackersid View Post

i got np22 for 120k np34 for 110k. And cf98 not a military grade for 160-170k

i got np22 for 120k np34 for 110k. And cf98 not a military grade for 160-170k
    sir i use np34 as my EDC(every day carry) with an additional mag.
    it is thick and a bit difficult to conceal carry, but it shoots whatever i feed it. i use hollow points for CC purposes, and strictly POF 1z on range. You are absoloutely correct that the np34/22 are based on SIG platforms and accept parts from SIG p226/8/9 pistols. I've replaced the hollow guide rod with a Sig 229 Stainless Steel rod for reducing recoil. have an SRT kit ordered, installed Hogue grips even.
    my recommendation is to go with np34/np22, np34 more since it has a shorter grip and will be easily CCd.

I don't have hands-on experience with shooting/keeping a CF98/NP42, but i have read review(s) on pakguns here about its frame cracking/some reliability problems.

just one more thing, DONT buy the np34 with the slide mounted safety. even though the slide mounted safety versions of np34 come with better magazine floor plates (made on aluminium instead of fibre) the safety lever is shit and hard to operate. it will take a lot of cleaning and honing to work smoothly. besides, why would anyone need a safety lever on a SIG? right?
    Last edited by AsadZero2; 13-10-2020 at 08:22 AM. Reason: addl info

i want to carry it daily. But i want to use np22. Because its based on sig p226. So i think that would be good for me. And one thing i found that, a longer barrel will have a good accuracy than a shorter barrel
    my np34 shoots less than 4inch groups at 25meters with POF 1Z ammo. tried! and! tested!. don't worry about barrel length, np22 and np34 shoot perfectly straight, you might need to allign the sights, i didn't though.

Quote Originally Posted by AsadZero2 View Post
    my np34 shoots less than 4inch groups at 25meters with POF 1Z ammo. tried! and! tested!. don't worry about barrel length, np22 and np34 shoot perfectly straight, you might need to allign the sights, i didn't though.
    thatís awesome. I will go and check it on hand. Whatever fits on my hand i will go into it. Im more in favour of np22 rather than 34. Letís see what happens next

Asak , what's is the price of an np22 magazine ??any idea

I don't have hands-on experience with shooting/keeping a CF98/NP42, but i have read review(s) on pakguns here about its frame cracking/some reliability problems.
    Dear I have not seen any such review here on PG, neither have seen it practically. CF 98 has remained by EDC for about 9 years. Thousands of POF rounds fired through it, still works like a charm.

Quote Originally Posted by hackersid View Post
    140+ in Peshawar. In pindi I have heard that Khatak arms in liaqat bagh has some reasonable stock

If you have a large build (i e tall) then you can carry it comfortably, otherwise not.

140+ in Peshawar. In pindi I have heard that Khatak arms in liaqat bagh has some reasonable stock

If you have a large build (i e tall) then you can carry it comfortably, otherwise not.
    Agree with Fraz sb, NP22 is a hefty gun and not easy for everyone to carry. I was getting a slightly used on for 100k but decided not to go for it due to size issue.

Member Emeritus Enigmatic Desires's Avatar
    NP22 is the best option, works everytime, shoots everything, no FTF no FTE.
    ST-9 is the worst option, expensive nowadays, striker's life is approximetly 500 rds.

CF98/NP42 are excellent pistols, very concealable.

B6, i saw a cracked frame B6 POF and a Sarsilmaz Bernardeli ... i think the polymer isn't exactly right
    500 rounds is a very generous estimate for the ST 9. I saw a NIB one that stopped firing after the first 3 or so rounds (CHinese 311)
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

Member Emeritus Enigmatic Desires's Avatar
    My issue with the NP 34 is that it has low mag capacity and small barrel and at the same time it has a big grip and it is the grip that protrudes and prints under the clothes, never the barrel.

I helped Skywatcher get his dream NP 22. LAter on he swapped it for the NP 42 since the former was too big and heavy to carry.
    it. I did my NSOC certification on the Sig 226 platform (EX 9) and like it, but as a carry weapon. No.

I have been using the NP 42 for over 6 years and have put in thousands of rounds through it. It works fine, regardless of what I feed it and over the years i have fed it some pretty horrid stuff to say the least. It has a loaded chamber indicator, both tactile and visual. It has a decocker. It has a manual safefy. accessory rail.

Front and back slide serrations for quick racking. Textured grip. It is not to big, not too heavy due to its polymer frame. Some models have glow in the dark sights.

Over the years, I was told to swap it for something 'better', But I never did.
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com