Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Jibz Hunts: Continues

@Jibz: thanks alot for taking me along.i really enjoyed it alot

Quote Originally Posted by Ameer View Post
    Excellent photgraphy, and partly becoz its because Kohat is a beautiful place Its been long that i visited Tanda Dam. Did u follow the route from the Rest house up hills.
    Nice time out, may you have more. Amin.
    Thanks dear Ameer. The vastness of Tanda dam and the duck flocks taking dunks in the water was a beautiful sight, indeed. You should make a plan soon and take us along.

Quote Originally Posted by colt 1911 View Post
    @Jibz: thanks alot for taking me along.i really enjoyed it alot
    Welcome my friend, you are very welcome.

The season's first hunt for our gang (comprising of Colt1911 and I) was on last weekend. The hunting grounds; outskirts of Kohat and the game bird, my favorite, the gray and black Francolin. As usual and quite typical of our local hunting buddies there, we started off very very late. It was almost 11am when we reached the game area and by then the early hours of the bird's feeding time was over and they were nestling in bushes. Well, I crib about this problem each and every time and by now I should have gotten used to it but anyways. The weather was quite pleasant and this time fortunately we had two pointers with us,"Nikoo" and "Moti". Interestingly, Moti could understand commands in both Pashto and Punjabi.
    Right in the beginning of the hunt, I stepped on Nikoo's front paw by mistake and the poor chap whined for a long time as all its paws were already hurt from previous hunts. Felt very sorry for it as after that his head rather his paw was not in the game and was very sluggish throughout the day. On the other hand, Moti was taking his TORs very seriously. He was very quick on his feet and was running almost 30 meters ahead of us and thus causing the birds to fly off way ahead of us reaching those spots. I believe its master needs to train Moti and tone-down its enthusiasm so that he doesn't wander off far from the formation.

A local boy "Yahya" aged 6 joined us during the day and Mannnn, he talked and talked and talked. He didnt even let us speak to each other. I have yet to come across a more chatty chatter box. lol.

Owing to his true nature, our hots left no hitch in his hospitality and in our lunch and prayers break, we were served with Karahi, nan, fruits, tea and what not and what not.

By the end of the day we had bagged 7 Francolins in which 6 were Black and only one was gray. Most of these birds were shot during late afternoon as at that time they venture out for feeding. Right at the time of Maghrib prayers we departed for Peshawar and thus the hunt day came to an end.
    “Bottom Line; If We’re Gonna Have Fun, There Better Be A Lot Of Ammo!”

Actually the score was 8 but we were unable to find 1 because of dense bushes

Well done Jibz.
    The only question i had in mind was why start the hunt soo late?
    Shouldnt it had begun around 6:00 am ideally?
    \"Ye daulut bhee lai lo,ye shurat bhee lai lau
    bhalay cheen lo mujsay meri jawaani
    *MAGAR*
    Muj ko Lauta do wo bijli,wo ata,wo chawal,wo roti,wo cheeni,wo pani Bhalay cheen lo mujsai meri jawani\"

Nice hunt guys.

Nice pics buddy. Pointers at the field are always full of stories. May i add one...?
    Remember the first rule of gunfighting ... have a gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Ameer View Post
    Nice pics buddy. Pointers at the field are always full of stories. May i add one...?
    O Please, do add.

Quote Originally Posted by FA226 View Post
    Nice hunt guys.
    Most manana roor.

Quote Originally Posted by Nazim Sahib View Post
    Well done Jibz.
    The only question i had in mind was why start the hunt soo late?
    Shouldnt it had begun around 6:00 am ideally?
    Nazim Sb, I am afraid I too am not sure why our hosts always take a late start. You are very right that the early it kicks off, the better it is, no doubt.

beautiful pic and good hunt

Member Extraordinaire ajmal virk's Avatar
    MashAllah Jibz brother.

Member Extraordinaire
    @jibz brother really a good hunt.

nice shooting bro.
    HUNTING is not just something i do. It is part of who i am.

Member Emeritus
    Very nice Jibz & Colt bros...... ☺

Good hunt bro

The past year, from the hunting perspective was a big disappointment, yes, truly a mess. Didn't go out on even a single excursion where I could indulge in my favorite time pass, hence no updates on this thread either. BUT this year, I had made a wow to myself to enjoy the season as lively as possible.
    Consequently, following is the latest from my end. Due to few unmentionable reasons, I would not be able to share too much details i.e. place of hunt or the game we went for. In case if someone is able to guess the place, I would request to hush up on the matter. Cheers in advance.
    The travel time to our hunting grounds was almost 14 hours and by that time it was 11:00pm. We set our 2 tents in negative 2 degree centigrade (Thats what the temperature gauge on my vehicle was showing). The 2 tents had occupancy availability for 2 person and 4 person. My friend had brought along a light bulb (DC), which was connected with the vehicle's battery and it lit our camping area pretty sufficiently.

We had also taken along sleeping bags (which for me turned out to be a big Thumbs Down). To be honest it was my first night in a sleeping bag and at around 2:50am, I came to know that I was in fact claustrophobic hahaha. I tried to control my breathing by unzipping the bag and getting my torso out of it. It was freezing cold outside and I thought that it may help reduce my phobia, but it didnt. Instead it got worse and then almost after half an hour, I couldnt take it anymore, so I got out of the tent, took along the sleeping bag, tilted the seats of the vehicle and went to sleep inside the 4x4 while covering my self with that sleeping bag. YES YES, it was uncomfortable at first but then the sleep got the better of me and I dozed off till around 6:00am. Please note that the "garbage" you see around our tents (camping area) is in fact leaves and some paper, which we later burnt in the bonfire. Like good and civilized people, we did not indulge in any kind of loitering at all and also made sure that the fire is well put out once we left. Stay tuned, more to come.

Waking up and getting out of the warm so-called-bed was the toughest task for the next morning. Anyways, after a breakfast of bread, jam and "milkpack balai" with hot tea, we split in 2 teams and headed out in opposite directions. The plan was to summit the two mountains on the sides of the camp and boy was it a climb. Pictured below is the mountain which I was headed for. The base of the mountain was almost 700 meters from our camp. (I took the picture just outside the camp area).

Please allow me to elaborate that we were at 7200 feet at our camp. The red arrow marks the spot till where we reached that day and then returned in the afternoon.
    The climb to the mountain was the toughest I had encountered in my life; more on that later but first, let me narrate a funny incident. The two local hosts that were accompanying me were constantly speaking in their native language which I obviously did not understand. But I had a feeling that it must be something very important about which they were having such a heated discussion. As I mentioned that the summit was very tough but I made it to the top somehow. When I reached the top, I noticed that the two guys were looking at each other and giggling as well. Upon seeing my inquisitive looks they explained to me the whole matter. They said that each time a "guest" from the city arrived, they made a bet among themselves as to how far and high the "guest" would be able to climb the mountain. Both had estimated that I would be only able to make it 1/7th of the mountain. And in my case, both lost their bets as I ruined their guesstimates and went up to the mountain as high as they could. lolz. With a wicked grin on my face (or so I thought) I said to them, "It was nothing". But the fact was that only Almighty Allah knew how hard I had to try to keep up with them. These guys were 22-23 years old and I being in my 4th decade had to pray to the Almighty at each step of the climb to keep my dignity in tact. hahahah. In short those youngsters were very impressed by me and I was able to keep the grandeur of "Shehri Babu" from ending in shambles.

Here are some pictures from up there in the mountain.

This was only the half way up to the top of the mountain. The camp area was at the end of the dense trees visible in the center of the above picture.

Right from where I took the above picture, I snapped the following one covering the top of the mountain. At places, it was literally a 45 degree climb and I had to get down on all fours to balance myself up there.
    [

Pictured below are the two gentlemen whose bet I ruined. . In those few days that I spent among these locals, a very interesting observation that I made was that these fellows were as cheerful as one could get. I found them to be honest, hospitable and quite content with their lives. According to them they felt the happiest during the winters because then the only thing they would do was to gather around a fire in their village and have all the gup-shup in the world. One of these guy was even on facebook and with a meager cell phone reception, he showed me the pics of his previous hunts which he had posted on FB. . The locals in this area are poor people but at the same time they have very limited wants in life and that was the secret of their cheerful attitude and happiness. At times I felt envious of them.

The water stream (in fact a spring) from where I filled up my water canteen, en-route to the top of the mountain. I filled only half of it as even that seemed heavy to lift and carry up that mountain. hahah

At some places, the ground would be rocky and at others it would be covered with leaves and twigs. I didnt find a single wrapper or cigarette butt in that area which was a relief. While climbing in those loose rocks, I was trying to grasp at small shrubs and bushes so that the climb could be eased to some extent. During that process, a good number of thorns were embedded in my hands and I thought to my self, thorns were fine as long as one doesn't plummet down those steep cliffs.

This cliff below was a bit gut twisting to cross. My Gore Tex Military Boots (which weighed around 2.5 kgs. Not at all recommended) gave me a tough time in getting a good grip on the cliff. I noticed it later but the thing was that the Vibram rubber soles of these boots had worn out significantly due to a use of almost 6 years. Now these shoes are otherwise perfectly fine; its just the sole which has lost half the height of it Lugs and instead of being squarish, they have become round. I have a remedy for it and I know some of you may not recommend it and say, "just buy new ones", but I am going to do it any ways. I plan to use a Filing Tool to make the Lugs more prominent by removing the rubber from the edges of the rounded lugs. The rounded lugs are actually the culprits which slip while climbing rocks. After they have been properly angled and made square again, I am sure they will be good to go. Updates on that later.

I enjoyed it really. I feel the words and story, the content makes me feel that I am there in a whole story.

Loved it, Big Brother. IA someday I will with my friends also enjoy the trip of a place like that.

Very nice Jizb Bro.