Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Taurus PT 809 ? Failure in Pakistan ?

Taurus PT 809 ? Failure in Pakistan ?

Taurus 809 is well Admired on some Other International sites by some Decent Shooters

Wonder to see why it is Fail in Pakistan ....?

Comments please
    regards :

Expert Member
    i have also considered and discussed with seniors the same facts for so many times but could not explore the reality,why these guns r known as crap in Pakistan by most of users while a few r happy ,why almost every user of 809, 24/7 Taurus whom i know wants to sell his pistol,I m sure members will solve this mystery in this thread

simply to the point ... I have one , it's V.accurate, less weight,low recoil,excellent triger pull but the problem is that sometimes bullet jam in the chamber FTF's ...... (chinese , POF,russian wolf) pt809 does not accept them excluding pt92 and 99 model all the model's of taurus jam FTF's ... and if u closely see the firing pin of taurus is small considering other handgun's for e.g glock,caracal,cz,hk e.t.c.

yup my friend has it and he said that it's accurate and easy to carry. but non of law enforcement agencies ever used taurus brand as there side arm. why ?

Quote Originally Posted by khan tanoli View Post
    simply to the point ... I have one , it's V.accurate, less weight,low recoil,excellent triger pull but the problem is that sometimes bullet jam in the chamber FTF's ...... (chinese , POF,russian wolf) pt809 does not accept them excluding pt92 and 99 model all the model's of taurus jam FTF's ... and if u closely see the firing pin of taurus is small considering other handgun's for e.g glock,caracal,cz,hk e.t.c.
    Good point to note, thank u brother. Never been a fan n owner of a Taurus handgun myself.
    Remember the first rule of gunfighting ... have a gun.

Quote Originally Posted by sadatpk View Post
    i have also considered and discussed with seniors the same facts for so many times but could not explore the reality,why these guns r known as crap in Pakistan by most of users while a few r happy ,why almost every user of 809, 24/7 Taurus whom i know wants to sell his pistol,I m sure members will solve this mystery in this thread
    the only Complain about 809 and 24/7 is they r Ammo sensitive and yes seniors should Mention the Fact of these Guns .

Quote Originally Posted by khan tanoli View Post
    thanks for explanation tanoli sahib

PakGuns Elite!
    Cant say anything about the 9mm bcoz I have,nt tried one but its elder brother PT 845 has disapointed me alot therfore I exchanged it with PT 1911.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquarius View Post
    Cant say anything about the 9mm bcoz I have,nt tried one but its elder brother PT 845 has disapointed me alot therfore I exchanged it with PT 1911.
    whats the price of Pt 1911 Brother ?

PakGuns Elite!
    Quote Originally Posted by ali110 View Post
    whats the price of Pt 1911 Brother ?
    Arround 100K in Peshawar.. dont know about other cities.

Had a very bad experience with my Pt809E. So got rid of it..

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger_happy78 View Post
    Had a very bad experience with my Pt809E. So got rid of it..
    So sad ,a beautiful Gun should not act like that ...

I am a proud owner of pt809e.. have fired over 1000 bullets no FTF or FTE. Its a very accurate gun and very reliable as well.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by sdd View Post
    I am a proud owner of pt809e.. have fired over 1000 bullets no FTF or FTE. Its a very accurate gun and very reliable as well.
    wow...thats a diffrent story ....good post sdd brother

it is ofcourse a lovely gun but it doesn't accept every bullet, mostly american ... thats why majority of people don't keep them.

Quote Originally Posted by AamirKhan View Post
    it is ofcourse a lovely gun but it doesn't accept every bullet, mostly american ... thats why majority of people don't keep them.
    So many say the same thing for its Ammo sensitivity ,taurus should prevent the problem .

i ones fired a Taurus 24/7 4 full mags that means 68 rounds had no problem with it.

Rookie
    I own PT809E and fired nearly 100 shots... Different kind of bullets. Had problem with POF it jammed my firing pin. It was not big deal just a little cleaning of grease and it was all good to go. But I changed my firing pin with a desi made firing pin and till then no problem at all.

@Khan tanoli is absolutely right it has a smaller firing pin as compare to other known weapons in market.

Other than that it is an absolute beauty.

which ammo is best for 809 any 1 tell me plz

I have been using 809E for the past one year and have not encountered any problem, whatsoever. Our friends who mentioned not liking it need to go in to a little more detail and share the reasons supporting their POV. I have used Red Box Chinese ammo with a round count of 400+ but have yet to see any FTF, FTE etc.
    We all surely would be very interested in hearing exact facts and not hearsay. PT809E has proven its worth to me and has been a dead accurate sidearm despite the fact that according to many I used the most lowlife ammo in the market. lol