PDA

View Full Version : Difference between Stoeger Cougar and Beretta Cougar ??

Viking
29-05-2009, 06:10 PM
i search a lot forums and videos one thing i notice k do name ki cougar hai one Beretta cougar or stoeger cougar i want to know k what the difference in these gun .beretta cougar r available in karachi? ,if yes then what the price deference . i know k Stoeger is owned by Beretta n the guns are made in Turkey on Beretta's old machinery.
if you know any other story then reply here

Abu Al Hawl
29-05-2009, 06:16 PM
keemat ka farq hai or koi farq naheen, and the finishing touchhhhhh

Viking
29-05-2009, 07:50 PM
kitna difference hai rates mai ?

Abu Hafs
29-05-2009, 08:21 PM
So price is the only difference? That would mean any accessories designed for the Beretta would fit the Stoeger correct?

ARlover
29-05-2009, 08:30 PM
whats price of beretta cougar ?

Monis
29-05-2009, 10:47 PM
stroger is copy of baretta .all barazilian and tukish weapon are copy of smith and wesson and baretta

Viking
30-05-2009, 06:01 PM
u r wrong monis i dont want to debate on that i post the link just check this http://www.pakguns.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=42

Viking
30-05-2009, 06:04 PM
HEELLLOOOOOOO
come on senior members share your knowledge here
:(

CougarMan
30-05-2009, 06:45 PM
other than the name there is no difference. all accessories and holsters, magazines etc are interchangeable between the two.

please also note that stoegar is owned by beretta, so there should be no difference at all. beretta no longer makes any Cougar models, period. All of them are made by stoegar. it is not a copy, it is the original.

it is pointless to try and find a beretta cougar 8000 in Pakistan...not only would it be very rare, but the price that you would pay would be ridiculous and not at all practical. stick with the stoegar.

Abbas
30-05-2009, 08:28 PM
other than the name there is no difference. all accessories and holsters, magazines etc are interchangeable between the two.

please also note that stoegar is owned by beretta, so there should be no difference at all. beretta no longer makes any Cougar models, period. All of them are made by stoegar. it is not a copy, it is the original.

it is pointless to try and find a beretta cougar 8000 in Pakistan...not only would it be very rare, but the price that you would pay would be ridiculous and not at all practical. stick with the stoegar.

+1 It's exactly the same pistol only stamped Stoeger Cougar instead of Beretta Cougar and Stoeger is a Beretta owned company so ;)

The only difference is that the Beretta C was made in Italy and the Stoeger C is made in Turkey. All Cougar machinery was shifted from Italy to Turkey to avail lower costs of production.

That said I really like this pistol and am considering buying it. The only negative element that I've noticed while using it is that it is a little loud. Seems more than a .45 being fired rather than a 9mm.

Forget the Beretta, buy this !

Btw you can ask Sqdnldr_Shariq for details he bought two ! :)

Conceal Carry
30-05-2009, 08:38 PM
both are essentially the same. Cougars made in turkey under license are callrd Stogar, originaly they are italian made by Bretta. Both are the same but made by two different companies.

Taurus
31-05-2009, 06:07 PM
+1 Abbas and Cougarman....i have a stoeger cougar and made around 7 ppl do buy it ....there is no difference b.w these too the production of beretta cougar means the machinery and all were transfered to turkey under stoeger and i have explained this in handguns topic stoeger and many links please check this link for further details

http://www.pakguns.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=42

and stoeger benelli are sister companies of beretta they are all working together sharing different mechanism with each other ...stoeger cougar is the gr8 handgun once i called benelli they told me that stoeger and beretta are sharing different mechanism whether in shotguns or pistols
Check this link also u'll come to know its the distributor as well as sister company of beretta

http://www.beretta.com/Turkey/index.aspx?m=115&f=1&ids=467&did=1784

and this is another stoeger website as well i think most of the ppl havent seen this website check out the details its clearly stated

http://www.stoeger.com.tr/

Enigmatic Desires
31-05-2009, 06:16 PM
Berreta stoped the production of their couger ages ago.. Currently they are offering Beretta storm as their rotary barrel offering..

Conceal Carry
01-06-2009, 12:15 AM
+1 Ed.