PDA

View Full Version : DIY gone bad

Muhammad m
16-08-2012, 02:44 AM
So i was itching to get wooden grips on my cz 75 so decided to make a pair myself.
I had a drill but to cut wood, i needed a rotary blade.
somehow through a "jugar" (not a good way to do things), i managed to put a rotary wood cutter on a drill machine.
The blade was loose and wobbly.
with my right hand i held the wood piece and with the left i held the drill machine to an elevated ground and also pressed the drills button.

half way through the wood piece, the blade got loose and carved a nice deep cut in the muscle under the thumb which also provides strength to the palm while forming a fist.

The entire muscle was cut in half, veins and nerves damaged.

2 days hospitalized, 8 stiches, got a surgery for 150k and lost the sensation in my thumb.
all bcz i wasnt careful, didnt use propper tools.
I only share this so people can learn to be careful and not suffer as i did.
DIY is fun but with proper tools only.
here's a few pics

Enigmatic Desires
16-08-2012, 03:00 AM
Oh My GOD Bhai... Thats freakin terrible...

Denovo87
16-08-2012, 03:01 AM
That is a nasty cut bro, a juggar never should be tried with something rotating at 12000+ rpm but we all sometimes overlook safety measures, proper tools, proper safety wear etc in excitement while doing something related to our hobbies; for that I always consult with someone (mostly my best juggar partner 12G) before doing something NOT RECOMMENDED, in this way I get better solution or word of caution.

Although you went through lot of pain suffering n a big scary scar but still being a Muslim I will say ' offer Nafals n thank Lord Almighty for saving you from something worst' .

Muhammad m
16-08-2012, 04:00 AM
12000 rpm :s ...
now i understand why it only took a split second to have blood sprayed all over my white car, which btw i thought was PAN Ki Peek when i returned home from the hospital.

and yes i cant thank allah enough for the treatment i got in time, which most people cant get.

Muhammad m
16-08-2012, 04:05 AM
Oh My GOD Bhai... Thats freakin terrible...

nothing cool abt it but this looks better to me esp after me seeing blood rushing out of the veins.
Thanks to my dad, he tied my thumb to my palm which prevented blood loss.

bad bad experience

Trigger_happy78
16-08-2012, 01:09 PM
OMG that's a nasty cut. As denovo87 bro said Offer NAFALS, could have been much worse

Avais
16-08-2012, 01:20 PM
That's terrible, May Allah gives you pain free quick recovery and yes offer Nawafil as much as possible.

Topak
16-08-2012, 01:46 PM
OMG. Sir what have you done, thanks god its recovered. Always take security and precautions while doing DIY.

chohan
16-08-2012, 01:51 PM
really feeling sorry for you bro, but its a lesson for everyone as well as for you to not to repeat such things in future. My God relieves your pain.

Crony
16-08-2012, 03:03 PM
Very bad and sad..... safety precautions for every work are must.

Abbas
16-08-2012, 04:45 PM
@Muhammad M Salams, so sad to hear and see the pictures. I'm glad you're feeling better now and no permanent damage.

Aquarius
16-08-2012, 05:01 PM
Very sorry to know about this accident but thanks God you are feeling better now.. the only thing thats bothersome is the loss of sensation in thumb.. what did Doctor say is this loss of sensation temporary or permanent.
Bro plz give Sadqa.

Enigmatic Desires
16-08-2012, 06:00 PM
nothing cool abt it but this looks better to me esp after me seeing blood rushing out of the veins.
Thanks to my dad, he tied my thumb to my palm which prevented blood loss.

bad bad experience

If there is anything we can do plese do let us know.....

adnanislam
16-08-2012, 06:18 PM
its so sad mubashir, thanks to ALLAH.

Nazim Sahib
16-08-2012, 06:36 PM
Very sorry about the incident.Just be thankfull everything was ok at the end and offer Nafal and give khairat.Things could get alot worse specially with the sort of machinery you were using.And thank you for sharing your experience with us,we are a community and share your pain.As Denovo Bro had said we should all be extra extra carefull when dealing with such machinery.

Ka_Khan
16-08-2012, 06:36 PM
Very sad to see and read.Always use precautionary measures before making such kind of experiments.
Dont worry Inshala your thumb will be fine just give some 'sadqa' like Aquarius brother has advised.
May Allah give you health soon and dear...just rest dont take the hassle of typing with one hand :)

Navarone
16-08-2012, 06:59 PM
That's quite an understatement. I pray you have a full and speedy recovery.

Salman_Ahmed
16-08-2012, 08:24 PM
Ouch , sorry to hear that , Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Hamid
16-08-2012, 08:48 PM
I am shocked to see the picture. Be careful with machines. My prayers for your quick recovery.

Txshooter
16-08-2012, 08:51 PM
Have a speedy recovery brother.

sharpshooter2010
16-08-2012, 08:53 PM
man you are still lucky .. i was getting my main gate fixed and the welder broke the blade of grynder and in jst mili seconds he lost his nose and his eye came out like a broken egg .

you are luck to be alive i will say

AND MAY ALLAH KEEP YOU SAFE BUT ALWAYS FOLLOW PRECAUTIONS.

GET WELL SOON

joney
16-08-2012, 09:11 PM
Get well soon Brother..

harry
16-08-2012, 10:29 PM
I pray for your speedy recovery. Get well soon INSHAHALLAH.

GunFun
16-08-2012, 10:35 PM
sorry to read about yor accident brother...get well soon inshallah

colt 1911
16-08-2012, 10:40 PM
OMG! get well soon. May Allah protect you

Haider Shah
16-08-2012, 10:51 PM
In our wild pursuits we often act without much brain storming and get cranked with meager resources available at that time. I am sure if you had the right tools available the situation might have been different and thread would have been labelled about the invention you were about to. Again your thought about preserving your injury through camera with a view to generate a meaning full lesson for all of us is greatly appreciated under that stressful condition. We all wish for your speedy recovery with a pray to save all of us from such crisis.regards

joney
16-08-2012, 11:15 PM
In our wild pursuits we often act without much brain storming and get cranked with meager resources available at that time. I am sure if you had the right tools available the situation might have been different and thread would have been labelled about the invention you were about to. Again your thought about preserving your injury through camera with a view to generate a meaning full lesson for all of us is greatly appreciated under that stressful condition. We all wish for your speedy recovery with a pray to save all of us from such crisis.regards

well said Shah G,

i believe that Allah pak always save us from a big loss/damage by letting us involve in a small mess.

so Muhammad m bro, Thanks to Allah Almighty to save you from a big loss. :) tc.

Apalo
16-08-2012, 11:37 PM
Thanks to Allah, you are well and al right, things could be worse, my prays for your quick recovery. may Allah protect us from all kind of incidents and risks belongs to our hobby

1mran
16-08-2012, 11:45 PM
Get well soon

Ilyas
17-08-2012, 12:15 AM
Extremely sorry for you bro... Wish you swift and complete recovery.

Sami
17-08-2012, 01:19 AM
A.O.A, Hasbee Allah Naimal Wakeel! What else we can say, but we can learn by our mistakes. Really appreciate your will to share it with us, so that we would be very cautious. May God S.W.T bestowed upon you a complete and full recovery.
I remember an incident( also related to our hobby ), we were in Sialkot range and Denovo87 was putting up a target for handgun and couldn't look at the shattered glass in the dirt ( may be put up as a target by someone) resulted in a cut on his thumb.
http://i818.photobucket.com/albums/zz108/Gaza_013/picsrendom100.jpg

So the conclusion is:
(1) We Pakguners should not use such a tool which has potential to inflict a serious injury without proper guidance and without taking precautionary measures.

(2) We should not use glass bottles as a target.

Dear Haider Shah has summoned up this affair quite nicely. Dear where have you been nice to see you back. A.H

mythical
17-08-2012, 03:42 AM
I am shocked to see the hand .
One mustn't do any modification without proper safety equipment.
A bad idea to install cutter blade on drill machine .

usually cutter blades are installed on motors which are stationary like the tile cutters .

Hope you get well soon and do give some alms.
it is known to keep you away from harms way .

Mudassir
17-08-2012, 09:54 PM
@Muhammad m, extremely sorry to hear the pain you went through and thank you for sharing this incident, we need to be very careful with tools

I hope in time the damage is restored

Muhammad m
18-08-2012, 01:01 AM
thankyou everyone for the support.
its a very depressing situation im in but PG takes my mind off it.

thanks for the kind gesture everyone.

Afzaal
18-08-2012, 11:51 AM
oh Allah that was bad experience to watch.
thanks to Allah who saved u from big loss i pray for your quick recovery .
regards

durrani
18-08-2012, 04:30 PM
Now that is one ugly cut. Thanx to Allah the blade did not amputate the thumb.

DOM
18-08-2012, 05:39 PM
Kuch niflain parhain, or kuch sadqa dain.
My prayers are with you for earliest recovery.

Enigmatic Desires
19-08-2012, 04:25 AM
thankyou everyone for the support.
its a very depressing situation im in but PG takes my mind off it.

thanks for the kind gesture everyone.

Muhammad Bhai whats your e-mail address?

forcetrip
19-08-2012, 09:33 AM
I have had a very similar situation when i tried using a grinder with a plastic circular holder and glue "raigmaal" over it. The plastic broke on my first attempt to peel wall paint off and the plastic bits lodged into my left hand knuckles. Thank the stars that it hit bone instead of my eye or any other fleshy parts. No more "Jugars" for me after that incident. Now my fist looks like I have been in bar fights all my life.

Madham
19-08-2012, 11:49 AM
Allah has saved you from a major loss. al lot has been said by friends and i can only pray to Almighty for your speedy recovery.

M.N
19-08-2012, 11:59 AM
Deeply regret for the incidence happened to you. May All Mighty Allah recovers you soon (very soon.

Trajan
19-08-2012, 04:41 PM
may Allah grant you a speedy recovery and May Allah protect us all from accidents. Thank Allah as much as you can that you still have your thumb/ hand in one piece. i hope you are fully recovered asap!

Muhammad m
20-08-2012, 02:39 AM
Muhammad Bhai whats your e-mail address?

mub.s@hotmail.com
btw, i bought the chinese machine :)

Enigmatic Desires
23-08-2012, 03:37 AM
mub.s@hotmail.com
btw, i bought the chinese machine :)

I have been asking around and have been told a method to figure out which one is which.. howz your hand?

AKA777
21-05-2014, 06:52 PM
DIY gone bad! same here bro 30693

AKA777
21-05-2014, 06:54 PM
was trying make a slingshot with a knife it slipped and into my finger!

Enigmatic Desires
21-05-2014, 07:23 PM
Major ouch an all that... That must have been one sharp knife bro!

Glock17
21-05-2014, 08:42 PM
Mannnn. Did somebody else feel the shivers or chills up his spine while seeing all that? DIY is fun but after you ensure that you have proper tools, safety/protection and prior knowledge of what you are doing.

AKA777
22-05-2014, 04:24 AM
it was an original gerber scout knife!my mom threw it away after the incident a much bigger ouch for me then the cut!

bionix
22-05-2014, 06:21 AM
May Allah Almighty keep u safe in future and bless u with best reward for all this pain and suffering, Ameen!

Aquarius
22-05-2014, 06:45 AM
Sorry to know about it but thanks Allah ST that you are safe.

Enigmatic Desires
22-05-2014, 10:26 AM
Major Ouch. I have the same Gerber scout. If it were to be thrown away.. I .. I I guess I will simply buy another one.

Waisay Gerbers are not to be trifled with. First time I handled the scout. I cut my finger as well. Not this bad though.

K-203
22-05-2014, 07:12 PM
Dear AKA777 I thought the subject of the thread was DYI GONE BAD... hmmmm'
looking at the pic u posted, it looks quite nicely done ......