PDA

View Full Version : Which are the best and most popular Gun cleaning kits and Solvent,Lub?

OHQ
22-05-2009, 01:10 PM
what would u like? Hoppes, Kleen Bore?

Acciprone
22-05-2009, 01:17 PM
both r good ,..hopes on popularity

Glocky
22-05-2009, 01:21 PM
Hoppes as thats the only thing available all the time, otherwise both are good.

Khalidsh
22-05-2009, 02:18 PM
Hoppes is a brand that is widely available. But it depends what weapon you are talking about.

Aamar
22-05-2009, 02:31 PM
I use hoppes and am satisfied :)

ChocTalpur
22-05-2009, 04:53 PM
This lube made by 12 ga looks interesting too ... i'm going to try it ... soon...

Glocky
22-05-2009, 07:30 PM
This lube made by 12 ga looks interesting too ... i'm going to try it ... soon...

am thinking of doing the same but somehow the thinner part bothers me

12GAUGE
23-05-2009, 04:23 PM
hey, hey, hey, my lube got recognition and appreciation from Grant Cunningham and Ed's Harris. Need i plead my case more?

My lube got properly tested at CAMEC/SES labs, as I said in my original post regarding the recipe, i can post actual test results too which clearly show that my lube kicks hoppes, militec, WD40 and clp's butt and it kicks butt with a huge margin. Infact figures indicate a minimum of 174% increment in lube performance (thats minimum, max was over 238%). and average 212% percent. wah! for a homemade recipe (against hoppes). results vary due to the porosity of base metal which is being lubed. forget max performance, even at 174% percent, u'r beating hoppes by a margin of 74%. Wah! Wah! again for a homemade recipe.

Infact, If somebody wants to replicate my tests (on semi auto pistols, semi auto shotguns and MG-3, rambo type machine gun, courtesy of Pak Fauj at Tarbela Camp) i'll hapily send samples.more than willing to send a few samples.

Regards.

Enigmatic Desires
23-05-2009, 04:32 PM
hey, hey, hey, my lube got recognition and appreciation from Grant Cunningham and Ed's Harris. Need i plead my case more?

My lube got properly tested at CAMEC/SES labs, as I said in my original post regarding the recipe, i can post actual test results too which clearly show that my lube kicks hoppes, militec, WD40 and clp's butt and it kicks butt with a huge margin. Infact figures indicate a minimum of 174% increment in lube performance (thats minimum, max was over 238%). and average 212% percent. wah! for a homemade recipe (against hoppes). results vary due to the porosity of base metal which is being lubed. forget max performance, even at 174% percent, u'r beating hoppes by a margin of 74%. Wah! Wah! again for a homemade recipe.

Infact, If somebody wants to replicate my tests (on semi auto pistols, semi auto shotguns and MG-3, rambo type machine gun, courtesy of Pak Fauj at Tarbela Camp) i'll hapily send samples.more than willing to send a few samples.

Regards.

U know 12 guage \u really should market the stuff.. u'll make a fortune

12GAUGE
23-05-2009, 06:06 PM
cant market, cause its ethically wrong, i basically only modified already a public recipe. its ethically wrong. IPR rules says that public knowledge cannot be patented.

dude, to be honest, its just hobby, nothing more.

Regards.

Enigmatic Desires
23-05-2009, 06:51 PM
cant market, cause its ethically wrong, i basically only modified already a public recipe. its ethically wrong. IPR rules says that public knowledge cannot be patented.

dude, to be honest, its just hobby, nothing more.

Regards.
your hobby is amazin.. heck u have more knowldge then most of us (though avid shotgunners we may be..) COMBINED!!!!

12GAUGE
23-05-2009, 07:09 PM
DESPITE THE KNOWLEDGE THAT I HAVE, I HAVE YET TO KILL/HUNT A TEETAR :(

OTHER THINGS (HALAL ANIMALS ONLY) I'VE BRUTALLY GUNNED DOWN PRETTY MUCH SUCCESSFULLY. BUT TEETAR IS SORTA LIKE MY ACHILLES HEEL.

ITS NOT LACK OF OPPERTUNITY, ITS LACK OF SKILL BASICALLY. :(

MORAL: A GOOD SHOT MAKES A GOOD HUNTER, IT DOESNT MATTER WHAT HE KNOWS AND HOW MUCH HE KNOWS.

REGARDS.

Enigmatic Desires
23-05-2009, 07:22 PM
DESPITE THE KNOWLEDGE THAT I HAVE, I HAVE YET TO KILL/HUNT A TEETAR :(

OTHER THINGS (HALAL ANIMALS ONLY) I'VE BRUTALLY GUNNED DOWN PRETTY MUCH SUCCESSFULLY. BUT TEETAR IS SORTA LIKE MY ACHILLES HEEL.

ITS NOT LACK OF OPPERTUNITY, ITS LACK OF SKILL BASICALLY. :(

MORAL: A GOOD SHOT MAKES A GOOD HUNTER, IT DOESNT MATTER WHAT HE KNOWS AND HOW MUCH HE KNOWS.

REGARDS.

That in no way reflects on your skill .. personaly i find the idea of hunting anything that is not trying to kill/eat/hurt me repulsive in the extreme..

As such i am a fan of yours.. partly cause your enthusiasm is highly infectious.. I htink I am falling in love wiht shot guns too :P

12GAUGE
23-05-2009, 07:24 PM
thank you sir, one is obliged to be of assitance

Regards.

Imu10
23-05-2009, 07:41 PM
as fr me best cleaning kit would be PARKER HALE

ChocTalpur
24-05-2009, 12:24 AM
thats correct, 12 ga made me beleive in shotguns. Before that i was more interested in buying handguns. But now seeing the market availability, and expert advice of 12 ga, i've planned to expand my shotgun collection.

12GAUGE
24-05-2009, 12:44 AM
thats correct, 12 ga made me beleive in shotguns. Before that i was more interested in buying handguns. But now seeing the market availability, and expert advice of 12 ga, i've planned to expand my shotgun collection.

Thank you Sir, rest assured I will extend my full support to you and any help that you might require. Just dont hesitate to ask.

Regards.

TAREEN
24-05-2009, 09:31 AM
Expertise of 12gauge reminds me of one of our departed members, just that focus this time is on different section of fire arms. ;)

Taurus
24-05-2009, 03:25 PM
hoppe's is the best one for cleaning guns

OHQ
24-05-2009, 04:09 PM
A lot of people use hopes and are satisfied. Do you all use hoppes cleaning kits, solvents, lubricants? Which specific hoppes product do you use or combination of others too? please mention brand names of cleaning kits, solvents, and lubricants?

@12Gauge Really interesting would love to try your home made formula someday :)

12GAUGE
24-05-2009, 07:11 PM
@12Gauge Really interesting would love to try your home made formula someday

where do u live my friend, if its somewhere around ISB or RWP, i'll gladly send u a sample test it on u'r pistol/shotgun/rifle. test it against WD40, Hoppes, MILITEC oil. u'll be a believer in no time.

Regards.

Conceal Carry
24-05-2009, 07:27 PM
12 guage, can you post the link to the site with the test results for you lube.

OHQ
24-05-2009, 08:23 PM
@12Gauge Really interesting would love to try your home made formula someday

where do u live my friend, if its somewhere around ISB or RWP, i'll gladly send u a sample test it on u'r pistol/shotgun/rifle. test it against WD40, Hoppes, MILITEC oil. u'll be a believer in no time.

Regards.

Thank you sir, I live near murree, but now i am in Karachi on work.

12GAUGE
24-05-2009, 10:58 PM
12 guage, can you post the link to the site with the test results for you lube.

Sir i said, i can post the results on this forum if you guyz want. its not listed on any site. i've got all my data with me on my computer.

Regards.

12GAUGE
25-05-2009, 12:23 AM
I live near murree, but now i am in Karachi on work.

Sir, next time u'r in ISB/RWP, gimme a holler. I'll give u a sample. test and post results/findings.

Regards.

OHQ
25-05-2009, 01:38 PM
I live near murree, but now i am in Karachi on work.

Sir, next time u'r in ISB/RWP, gimme a holler. I'll give u a sample. test and post results/findings.

Regards.

Thank you, i will do that.

MHMalik
13-06-2009, 04:44 PM
I prefer birchwood casey on my favorites and Liqui-Moly stuff on the rest. Both are good. Kleen Bore sometimes. Everybody tells me to use WD40 but that i personally do not prefer as it gums up a bit.

Dr Zakir
14-06-2009, 12:32 AM
i am using hopes gun kit and spray weapons which are not in regular use with wd 40