PDA

View Full Version : Availability of spare parts & gun repair

polyglot80
29-05-2012, 11:24 AM
What is the availability of spare parts of the following guns in Karachi (if they got broken):

1. Glock 17/19
2. Walther P99
3. CZ999
4. Canik c100/shark c
5. CF-98
6. Stoegar Cougar
7. Viking
8. Chinese TT
9. Local Pistols e.g. Khyber Arms.

I am asking this question, because I want to know what happens when any part of your imported gun gets broken.

Are our local gun smiths are talented enought to properly assemble the spare part in the broken imported gun and if there is no spare part at all for a particular gun what do they do?

We have very bad inventories of spare parts in Pakistan. For example, if you go to Metro/Makro/Hyperstar, you can buy high-end laptops, but they don't sell batteries or any spare parts.

Mig
30-05-2012, 10:01 PM
You can get Spair parts of 1,3,8,9.
for CZ999 you can get local made parts for SIG Clones
For Local pistols, since they are local made, so you can get there parts from local manufacturers
I think you can also get parts of chinese TT and if not, you can easily get anything you need for a TT in local made

Glocks. You can get parts from local manufacturers and I am not sure but you can get anything for a Glock original in the local market too. Visit Lucky Star

polyglot80
31-05-2012, 11:04 AM
@Mig --> Thanks bro.

So what you people do if your gun gets broken (e.g. CF-98) and there is no local/imported spare parts for it?

Mig
31-05-2012, 03:20 PM
@polyglot80
I am not sure about the rest of the handguns in the left including CF-98. But there must be a way out to make the machine working. And if nothing available we have a place called DARRA, from where you can custom made anything, any shape, any design :)

DOM
31-05-2012, 05:42 PM
So it means, after repairing from local fabricators.
The value of the gun treat as local ones.

Nazim Sahib
31-05-2012, 08:39 PM
So it means, after repairing from local fabricators.
The value of the gun treat as local ones.

That isnt correct.Would your imported car get treated as a local one once you get local break pads installed?
However replacing the barrel yes that may make a imported handgun lose value.

DOM
01-06-2012, 02:48 AM
That isnt correct.Would your imported car get treated as a local one once you get local break pads installed?
However replacing the barrel yes that may make a imported handgun lose value.

Nazim sahib, Nazim Sahib.
If u replaced the porsche bonut with local made high quality steel and that too by local fab or mechanics.
100 percent your porsche value comes down from millions to thousands.
No body will give you the better price.
Thats y all local pistols and shotguns available in the market with prices start from 3k to 12k.
If i replaced only magazines from original to local of my mp446, everybody will ask me for original ones and the value of my gun treated as local.

Nazim Sahib
01-06-2012, 09:31 AM
Nazim sahib, Nazim Sahib.
If u replaced the porsche bonut with local made high quality steel and that too by local fab or mechanics.
100 percent your porsche value comes down from millions to thousands.
No body will give you the better price.
Thats y all local pistols and shotguns available in the market with prices start from 3k to 12k.
If i replaced only magazines from original to local of my mp446, everybody will ask me for original ones and the value of my gun treated as local.

I will agree with you if it were a main part but not with a tiny part that doesnt matter.
Magezines are the MAIN part of a weapon.some people spend alot of magezines because thats the part that matters the most.
I once lost a firing pin retaining screw and got it replaced with a local one,now an example like that wont really matter alll that much.
Thx