PDA

View Full Version : How to Clean Pistols (Video Tutorial in Urdu)

Abbas
21-05-2012, 04:18 PM
Salams, I did a how to clean pistols thread a year or so back with pictures. Although our forum is an English language forum, we get a lot of visitor friends whose command of the English language is not that proficient, so at their request I've made a video in Urdu on how to clean handguns.

Please note the following:

1). The video is in no way professionally made nor in presentation style. I was in hurry, had guns to clean and just got the camera rolling. It is a casual video intended to make the viewer feel they are in the same room.

2). You'll notice some minor errors in speech (Muzzle end/breech end/tacops/tac sport mixup's) as I was more engrossed in cleaning than talking.

3). The video is about 40 mins long as I cleaned 3 different handguns together.

Hope you guys find it useful.

Regards,

http://youtu.be/RGb0f7Xsgl8

Abbas
21-05-2012, 04:30 PM
Since the PakGuns community is a group effort to better educate us all, I would appreciate if experienced members could post similar videos for Shotgun / Rifle cleaning.

ajmal virk
21-05-2012, 06:04 PM
Nice Abbas bro please tell about TT and Glock how to dissamble them.

bbiillaall
21-05-2012, 09:26 PM
very nicely done Abbas bhai :thumb:

Ali Khan
22-05-2012, 10:52 AM
Abbas Sir, thank you so much for your help. special thanks for your time, you took to make this video for us. very nicely done and explained.
regards, :)

American Lockpicker
22-05-2012, 06:55 PM
Nice Abbas bro please tell about TT and Glock how to dissamble them.

I might be able to do a Glock vid.

Starfish
22-05-2012, 11:50 PM
I might be able to do a Glock vid.
If you d be kind enough. that would help a lot.
Thanks,

Ameer
23-05-2012, 12:29 AM
Very much needed, thankyou Abbas Bhai.

gunenthusiast
23-05-2012, 02:19 PM
a timely and most welcome initiative

hskiani
23-05-2012, 02:41 PM
Surely It will serve the purpose it's meant for

Abbas
23-05-2012, 05:54 PM
@Ajmal Virk, Bilal, Ali Khan, Ameer, gun enthusaist, hskiani Thank you.

@Amercian Lockpicker Looking forward to it.

@Ajmal Anthrax did a video about TT disassembly a year or so back, it's quite good. I'll just attach a link below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6csLrulvm6U

Aquarius
23-05-2012, 06:20 PM
Very nice tutorial.. thanks for sharing Chief.

American Lockpicker
28-05-2012, 09:27 PM
I made a Glock vid yesterday but it had no sound(webcam mic must be broke or something...) so I'm waiting to have a friend film it with his Sony handycam.

Huntsman
31-07-2012, 08:56 PM
Salams, I did a how to clean pistols thread a year or so back with pictures. Although our forum is an English language forum, we get a lot of visitor friends whose command of the English language is not that proficient, so at their request I've made a video in Urdu on how to clean handguns.

Please note the following:

1). The video is in no way professionally made nor in presentation style. I was in hurry, had guns to clean and just got the camera rolling. It is a casual video intended to make the viewer feel they are in the same room.

2). You'll notice some minor errors in speech (Muzzle end/breech end/tacops/tac sport mixup's) as I was more engrossed in cleaning than talking.

3). The video is about 40 mins long as I cleaned 3 different handguns together.

Hope you guys find it useful.

Regards,

http://youtu.be/RGb0f7Xsgl8

Dear Chief, Magnificent effort Sir. The beauty of this video is you being so natural. Thank you very much for knowledge share. Great work.:first::first:

alinazier
31-07-2012, 09:06 PM
nice dear Abbas :)

Ilyas
31-07-2012, 11:34 PM
Salaams Chief! Hope you n your family are doing well. This is one nice video and personally loved the brushes you use, gonna get a few myself soon.
One thing that troubles me a lot after gun cleaning is the smell of all these solvents, LCP etc, which doesn't get off your hands very easily and one needs to wash them so many times. Personally tried using latex gloves as well, but didn't find them convenient during the cleaning process. Would really appreciate if experienced members share any nice tips for taking care of this problem.
Regards!

Abbas
02-08-2012, 01:56 AM
@Aquarius, Huntsman, AliNazier Thank you for the kind comments. I overlooked this thread.

@Ilyas Wsalams ! Always a pleasure to see your nick and avatar. I've come to like the smell of Hoppes No:9. Women have Channel No 10 and we have Hoppess No 9 ;)

chohan
02-08-2012, 03:38 PM
very informative video.

Huntsman
04-08-2012, 01:52 PM
Such an important information and there is less brain storming being done. i guess, most of the members don't do this by themselves.

Sirs, I watched the video thrice before and once again today which provoked me to do the same with my gun too. What an activity, it gives you a new energy every time you do that. Being an amateur, to better understand the gun cleaning process further, I have few humble questions :

One, as Abbbas Bhai said "even if you fire one round, 500 or 1000, the gun should be cleaned afterwards", so how often this stripping should be done?
Second, since the firing pin and the firing pin springs, both are in a concealed chamber, how to service/lubricate this mechanism?
Third, how to clean/lubricate the trigger as well as ejection mechanism, and how often it can/would be done?
Fourth, what if the gun is not fired at all after the previous servicing, does it need the same servicing after being kept idle, if yes, how often?
Fifth, are there any harms involved due to striping or it is as simple as we take bath after removing our cloths and then put them on, no damages;)
Sixth, even if all parts assembled properly, can the gun malfunction even then, just due to the striping and cleaning exercise (As according to a friend)?
Seventh, again according to the same friend, this should only be done by a gunsmith:ban:, what you say?
Eighth, after this energizing work (for both the gun and the enthusiast), how to test the gun if it is working fine, when you don't have a choice to go to the range or can't even shoot a bullet instantly? Is testing after service is a must, or you just can be confident that it will work fine and no malfunctions will occur?
Ninth, if there could be any malfunctions due to striping only, what could be these as regarding SD, this means life?

PA
07-08-2012, 10:09 PM
Great video, excellent info

Abbas
08-08-2012, 09:32 PM
Salams, to answer your questions point wise:

One, as Abbbas Bhai said "even if you fire one round, 500 or 1000, the gun should be cleaned afterwards", so how often this stripping should be done?

I've seen people keeping guns for decades but never even knowing how to disassemble them. They just use a brush/cleaning liquid through the barrel and around the firing pin area, wipe the gun down with a cloth and store it. It does work but stripping the gun is highly recommended after shooting as that's the proper way to clean your gun. It takes hardly a few seconds and makes cleaning much easier.

Second, since the firing pin and the firing pin springs, both are in a concealed chamber, how to service/lubricate this mechanism?

Some guns have removable firing pins (CZ TS etc) which come out easily without any disassembly required. But not really needed for most people as they tend to gunk up or start giving problems after 3,500 to 5,000 rounds.

Third, how to clean/lubricate the trigger as well as ejection mechanism, and how often it can/would be done?

I use a hard brush or an old toothbrush to clean the trigger, no need for disassembly. As for lubriction, one or two drops of oil on the trigger spring is enough.

Fourth, what if the gun is not fired at all after the previous servicing, does it need the same servicing after being kept idle, if yes, how often?

Not really for years if cleaned/lubricated properly before storage but I take my guns out every 6 months or so and inspect for signs of rust, wipe them down, re lubricate and store again.

Fifth, are there any harms involved due to striping or it is as simple as we take bath after removing our cloths and then put them on, no damages;)

No harm, these guns are supposed to be stripped and cleaned. It's not "a" way to do it, it's "the" way.

Sixth, even if all parts assembled properly, can the gun malfunction even then, just due to the striping and cleaning exercise (As according to a friend)?

Any machinery can malfunction but due to stripping and cleaning, no. The simple rule is just disassemble what you need to and understand how to put back together. It's not complicated, gun designers have made it ridiculously simple.

Seventh, again according to the same friend, this should only be done by a gunsmith:ban:, what you say?

A detailed strip, yes. A field strip (general cleaning) like the one shown above no.

Eighth, after this energizing work (for both the gun and the enthusiast), how to test the gun if it is working fine, when you don't have a choice to go to the range or can't even shoot a bullet instantly? Is testing after service is a must, or you just can be confident that it will work fine and no malfunctions will occur?

After you reassemble your gun, just do a function check but without any ammo. i.e rack the slide a couple of times, point in a safe direction and shoot. If it fires properly it will fire properly at the range as well.

Ninth, if there could be any malfunctions due to striping only, what could be these as regarding SD, this means life?

No, these guns are meant to be taken apart for cleaning. Once put back together and function checked they will perform fine.

Regards,

@PA Thank you.

joney
08-08-2012, 11:41 PM
Thank you abbas bhai for sharing this video.

Really appreciate it.

It will be a helpful tutorial for all of us :).

Regards,

chohan
09-08-2012, 01:10 PM
Thanks for a detailed answer to HUNTSMAN Abbas Bhai. It has cleared couple of questions in my mind as well.

Huntsman
10-08-2012, 03:06 PM
Salams, to answer your questions point wise:

Abbas Bhai, thank you very much Sir for giving your precious time to answer questions in very much details.

Abbas
11-08-2012, 12:14 PM
@Johey, Chohan, Hunstman You're welcome.

iffi
28-08-2012, 04:10 PM
ABBAS Bhai please tell me about cleaning of CF98 9mm Pistol

Soldier
28-08-2012, 05:14 PM
Really nice one. Thanks Abbas Bhai. :)

Abbas
28-08-2012, 10:00 PM
@Iffe The cleaning process is the same for all handguns.

@Soldier Thank you.

balochistan
29-08-2012, 01:22 AM
@Abbas

you have all the stuff which is very necessary for the gun cleaning @ professional level. otherwise after using 7000 or 4000 rounds in a HANDGUN. the GUNS loose the BLUING & FAINT in most of the cases. but your tools are really good that they have kept your HANDGUNS as new as they just have come out of BOX, call it NEW. MASHAALLAH.

AsifKhan762
03-09-2012, 12:03 PM
very nice and extremely helpful video. thank u abbas bhai

iffi
03-09-2012, 12:07 PM
@Iffe The cleaning process is the same for all handguns.

@Soldier Thank you.

Abbas Bhai very helpful video. thank u abbas bhai

sajjadkhan
03-09-2012, 02:37 PM
Nice share Abbas bhai.

Abbas
04-09-2012, 02:17 PM
@ Balochistan, AsifKhan762, iffi, Sajjad Khan Thank you for the kind comments.

Enigmatic Desires
05-09-2012, 08:40 PM
Abbas bhai i get oodles of emails from people who are too shy to post on the forum but want to know how to clean their gun. I simply point em to this thread.. makes my life easier :D

Mig
07-09-2012, 04:52 AM
Very nice tutorial Abbas brother. Thanks for sharing and it will help us out in many ways cleaning the abnormalities.

Counterstrike
17-11-2013, 10:05 PM
I can't watch the video as youtube is blocked here and not even by using a proxy (http://www.unblockyoutube.pk/) and i get the error message stating "video not found or access denied". Is there any way to watch it ?

Thanks and Regards

Counterstrike
20-11-2013, 10:43 AM
I can't watch the video as youtube is blocked here and not even by using a proxy (http://www.unblockyoutube.pk/) and i get the error message stating "video not found or access denied". Is there any way to watch it ?

Thanks and Regards

???? ????? ??????

Abbas
26-11-2013, 01:05 AM

Thanks and Regards

Dear Brother, welcome to PakGuns. It's strange and idiotic that YouTube is still banned in Pakistan. It's like banning an entire library if it contains one objectionable book with a few moronic lines in it. In Pakistan I use www.hidemyass.com

If there's something you need to ask, you're most welcome. We'll do our best to help.

sulzar
26-11-2013, 03:18 PM
Dear PG,

Convert your youtube to HTML5 and use it with https://.

For Android/iphone upadate you youtube app and it will work on html5 enabled phone

I have been using it on PTCL with no proxy.

Thank you.

Raza Hasan
12-12-2013, 06:52 PM
Brilliant explanation Abbas bhai. Gonna try it with my new zastava EZ9. Seems similar to the Sig

smalam
29-08-2015, 11:09 PM
Unable to locate the link to the video. Can anybody type the URL

smalam
18-04-2018, 09:52 AM
Since the PakGuns community is a group effort to better educate us all, I would appreciate if experienced members could post similar videos for Shotgun / Rifle cleaning.

saw the clip thanks. Went on search year ago in pindi/islamabad but unable to find the products of hoppes/brunox/ballistol. Are there any shops in lahore/peshawar from where they would be available.
Also searched on online sales sites and hoppes was available but at prices above 2000, 3000. I think i saw prices in range of 500 to 700 for hoppes here in this forum

ballixd
18-04-2018, 01:23 PM
saw the clip thanks. Went on search year ago in pindi/islamabad but unable to find the products of hoppes/brunox/ballistol. Are there any shops in lahore/peshawar from where they would be available.
Also searched on online sales sites and hoppes was available but at prices above 2000, 3000. I think i saw prices in range of 500 to 700 for hoppes here in this forum

You can make PG's gun cleaning solvent and lubricant by yourself at home and it will work better than Hoppe's