PDA

View Full Version : I am thinking of starting an online gun accessories and tools store

OHQ
17-05-2009, 01:55 PM
Would like to know what I I should keep in it. Payment on delivery or card with home delivery by courier. Everything will be reasonably priced and unseal stuff. From internationally branded cleaning kits, solvents, oils, grips, hostlers whatever I can get my hands on. I need your suggestion because you member are my potential buyers. Help me chose my starting lineup

NOMI
17-05-2009, 02:00 PM
its great idea

Abbas
17-05-2009, 02:01 PM
I would very much like to be your first customer OHQ !

Payment by card or on delivery both should be options.

Acciprone
17-05-2009, 02:04 PM
@ohq.. not sure if courier would agree to send gun related stuff

HassaanAfzal
17-05-2009, 02:04 PM
Brother as far as i know if u want to sell online you need internet merchant account. IMHO if you start with payment before delivery by getting online payments.
First restrict it to the city you are based. If it works then you can expand with internet merchant account for credit card transactions.

I wish you all the best for the project.

Acciprone
17-05-2009, 02:07 PM
@ohq its a nice idea.. u can use ur contact with dealers her to get good stuff at a reasonable rate that is where u make ur money

12GAUGE
17-05-2009, 02:41 PM
@ OHQ good idea sir.

i wish you best of luck.

Regards.

p.s. kindly start with Islamabad. plzzzzzzzzzzzz

Irttyza
17-05-2009, 02:52 PM
Great Idea OHQ.best of luck bro. :)

Thunder
17-05-2009, 03:10 PM
Best of luck QHQ :)

Ka_Khan
17-05-2009, 09:38 PM
OHQ great idea.
Payment could be both by Credit card and online.We trust our members !

Denovo87
17-05-2009, 11:00 PM
Go ahead & save us going to shops looking for little things we need to keep our guns going... waiting to hear about your website.. best of luck.

Ka_Khan
17-05-2009, 11:45 PM
Could we start giving you our shopping list? or you will come up with selective items?

Khalidsh
17-05-2009, 11:54 PM
Good idea indeed. Start with payment on delivery and then slowly start with the card system.
Bets of luck

OHQ
18-05-2009, 01:30 PM
Thank you all for showing your interest. PLEASE suggest what I should have in the starting lineup and then I will see if itís available here or I will have to import it.

Khalidsh
18-05-2009, 01:43 PM
Start with basic things like unniversal holster, cleaning kits, oils etc. You ay also start keeping the Pak Guns logo accessories but ask abbas first as otherwise you may end up with legal action of copyrights

Sohail
18-05-2009, 02:27 PM
hahahah well said by khalidsh, abbas must look in to this proposition this will help create more awareness for pakguns.

OHQ: very relevant, you must look in to it but what products you will have? can liquid be handled by courier companies? since you are in murree you can also look in to providing daggers, boynet plus holster, grip, hmmmmmmm hunting jackets, buckles, magazines etc.
wish you good luck

TAREEN
18-05-2009, 02:30 PM
Send me some items & if you are able to collect money.....we'll consider this project successful :lol: :lol: :lol:

Acciprone
18-05-2009, 02:31 PM
hahahah well said by khalidsh, abbas must look in to this proposition this will help create more awareness for pakguns.

OHQ: very relevant, you must look in to it but what products you will have? can liquid be handled by courier companies? since you are in murree you can also look in to providing daggers, boynet plus holster, grip, hmmmmmmm hunting jackets, buckles, magazines etc.
wish you good luck

Without haveing a valid licence i think OHQ can only keep stuff that does not require a Arms Dealer Permit.

Irttyza
18-05-2009, 06:41 PM
Camo fatigues OHQ.get them from china.i'll be your biggest customer

Mitho
18-05-2009, 07:01 PM
np 42 pistol

Ilyas
18-05-2009, 07:12 PM
Lolz... +1 Tareen
@OHQ... Bro wish you best of luck and it's a nice idea, but I would suggest that go
for any mode of payment where the cash receipt is ensured. The suggestions forwarded
by HassanAfzal are very good and sincere.

Guns & Roses
18-05-2009, 07:33 PM
Good idea, I think it should work, wish you all the best with you dot Com Company.
As for the transportation of liquids, I think it can be done in a Polythene zip lock bags but do check with your transporters.

MalikImran
18-05-2009, 08:43 PM
@ OHQ :
nice idea bro . really lyk it :) u should start with gun cleaning kits gun scopes gun cover knifes hunting clothes etc ! n the payment should be done by cash n credit card both ..

MUSTANIR
18-05-2009, 09:10 PM
I think Pakistan post stone age V.P. Parcel system is still on,, its cheap and surely delivery at doorstep.
Idea is nice but the collection should b practical instaed of glamourous. Camo fatigues and other hunting clothing.... Cabelas and Browning get their clothing from China,, I m sure all others may be getting from the same.

MUSTANIR
18-05-2009, 09:17 PM
I think i can find 22 hornet bullets at your facility

Conceal Carry
19-05-2009, 01:46 AM
Online trading has two basic pre-requisites, excellent support services, trust, and customer protection laws.
We do have good courier services available but no support / protection services for online purchaing / payments.

Presently I don't think there are laws to protect online customers. I know people whose stolen credit cards are used big times and the poor guys end up paying the bill to the bak name banks who take absolutely no responsibility to protect their customer.

Khalidsh
19-05-2009, 10:59 AM
Thats the reason I suggested payment on delivery.

Online trading has two basic pre-requisites, excellent support services, trust, and customer protection laws.
We do have good courier services available but no support / protection services for online purchaing / payments.

Presently I don't think there are laws to protect online customers. I know people whose stolen credit cards are used big times and the poor guys end up paying the bill to the bak name banks who take absolutely no responsibility to protect their customer.

Acciprone
19-05-2009, 11:02 AM
Thats the reason I suggested payment on delivery.

problem is for small vendors they dont have a inventrory control in place normally they buy something from the market and then provide to the customer. If the customer is not held liable to ensure his purchase at the time of order they can back out any time . and the vendor suffers. In the US some sites are so strict that they would like you to call before booking an order to ensure the product is in place. if you order without checking of stock availablity you could end up loosing 20% on the total amount if/when u cancel order.

Aamar
19-05-2009, 02:16 PM
Great idea but should be well thought out , you can check out various smaller online stores in UK and the US for ideas .......

BERETTA M9 9mm
19-05-2009, 10:07 PM
GREAT......

http://www.postimage.org/aV21onYA.gif (http://www.postimage.org/)

KageFox
03-06-2009, 06:22 PM
Good idea, and the payment on delivery makes it worthwhile.