PDA

View Full Version : Rifles open for Discussion

Abbas
17-05-2009, 01:15 PM
Many members have been requesting allowing discussion of hunting rifles. So we have decided to open all bolt action hunting rifle discussions regardless of P.B status. The only thing that is not allowed is auto weapons.

Please don't test our patience by discussing sniper rifles and/or their availability. We request to keep it hunting specific.

Thanks and Enjoy !

HassaanAfzal
17-05-2009, 01:43 PM
Thats great news for the forum.

Ahmad
17-05-2009, 06:05 PM
this is very good keeping in mind that Bolt actions will be NPB again hopefully.

m1carbine
17-05-2009, 09:21 PM
Thank you Abbas & F.P,Appreciate your deep concern to re-openning Rifel thread!!!!

Ka_Khan
17-05-2009, 09:36 PM
This was the need of the forum.

Conceal Carry
19-05-2009, 02:19 AM
There was no need to ban the discussion in the first place. This is a discussion forum not a trading forum. We are free citizens of a free state. PB / full auto weapons are leagal provided one has appropriate license / permit.

This is the first gun forum of this country, if we ourselves restrict ourselves to even discuss a certain class of weapons, how are we ever going to become a voice to protect the right of citizens to keep and bear arms?

This is my opinion, and I respect your right to disagree.

ARlover
21-05-2009, 06:15 PM
There was no need to ban the discussion in the first place. This is a discussion forum not a trading forum. We are free citizens of a free state. PB / full auto weapons are leagal provided one has appropriate license / permit.

This is the first gun forum of this country, if we ourselves restrict ourselves to even discuss a certain class of weapons, how are we ever going to become a voice to protect the right of citizens to keep and bear arms?

This is my opinion, and I respect your right to disagree.

+100

Enigmatic Desires
22-05-2009, 01:17 AM
My sentiments exactly.. deleting threads where illegal discussions take place would be akin to promoting the same.. but as long as every thing is legal..

Aamar
22-05-2009, 10:56 AM
+1 I concur

Imu10
22-05-2009, 11:52 AM
Very nice step taken by Abbas, i really appreciate him on realising and opening the forum for all the bolt action rifles.

Mohammad
22-05-2009, 07:57 PM
@ conceal carry
+1

Enigmatic Desires
22-05-2009, 11:10 PM
errr.. what is the difference between a sniper rifle an a hunting rifle..
if both are long range.. accurate and have reasonably powerful cartridges?

Bhatti
23-05-2009, 12:34 AM
which rifle is best for bear hunt?

Abbas
26-05-2009, 03:59 PM
@All Members. Thank you for the support. Everyone's opinions are appreciated however please keep in mind that we are not a civil rights protection movement nor is there any way we can verify who has a P.B license or not. We are a Firearms Enthusiasts forum promoting shooting and hunting as a sport.

Our field of interest and allowable discussion is anything which falls under these three categories.

1). All NPB Handguns.
2). All NPB Shotguns.
3). All BOLT ACTION Hunting Rifles.

Any firearms discussions apart from these are not welcome and will be deleted.

Gangster
28-05-2009, 01:55 PM
Good! that would be of great help in increasing our knowledge.

hounddawg
26-02-2011, 06:32 AM
Please don't test our patience by discussing sniper rifles and/or their availability. We request to keep it hunting specific.

Respectfully, I wish to contend that there is no such thing as a sniper rifle. The weapons used by most snipers are hunting rifles (eg. the M24 is a Remington 700), therefore I move that the only difference between a sniper and a hunter is in the target.
http://ts2.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=562140292533&id=2a67da80bba8c6314cb19327c8c62ad5&url=http%3a%2f%2fwww.sportsmanguncentre.co.uk%2fi% 2fproducts%2f964c73b227833644634898321.jpg

With that off my chest, to the meat. I have recently encountered the CZ 527 carbine, made by Ceska Zbrojovka in the Czech Republic. They are available in .223 Remington and 7.62X39 and feature a removable 5 round box magazine. The rifle I evaluated was the model chambered for the 7.62X39 round. The finish on the rifle is a work of art. Smooth as silk action and beautiful Turkish walnut stock.

Dimensions:
Weight 5.9 lbs
overall length 37.4 inches
barrel length 18.5 inches
height 8 inches
width 3 inches
length of pull 13.5 inches

Using a bore-scope I checked out the barrel and confirmed that the quality of workmanship is not restricted to the outside. The bore is lapped to a mirror finish, rifling sharp and crisp, with no microscopic tears or blemishes as would be found when cutting rifling with worn tools. Just perfection from the crown all the way down the 18 1/2 inches of cold hammer forged barrel.

Shooting this rifle is like being in a dream you don't want to wake up from. Recoil is very light, and accuracy very good. 4 5-shot groups (using match 125gr FMJ Silver Bear ammo) were all under 1 inch at 100 meters with the factory iron sights.

What I liked:
The weight/size ratio makes this rifle very comfortable to carry when hunting.
The price is very comparable to rifles in the same class made by manufacturers such as Ruger, Winchester and Marlin, and the finish is better.

What I didn't like:
The rear factory sight is mounted too far forward, thus reducing the sight-radius on a rifle that has a short barrel to begin with.

Enigmatic Desires
13-03-2011, 10:37 AM
Nice review bro. Have not seen many weapons of this calibre in bolt action