PDA

View Full Version : Can I bring Air gun (PCP) from South Korea to Pakistan?

jawadenv
16-02-2012, 02:00 PM
In near future I would visit South Korea. Do any body know if I can get an air gun (PCP) from Korea and bring to Pakistn in my luggage?

Khilji
16-02-2012, 02:09 PM
yes you can bring along with you in luggage.

jawadenv
16-02-2012, 02:14 PM
Do u know from which market to get it and any specific documents required?

Khilji
16-02-2012, 02:21 PM
No i don't know about the specific market I never went to Korea but first I would ask you to find out, how will you (charge) fill the air in your pcp air gun

raja yasir
16-02-2012, 02:30 PM
In near future I would visit South Korea. Do any body know if I can get an air gun (PCP) from Korea and bring to Pakistn in my luggage?
of course you can and may i add koria makes one of the best air gun called EVANIX AIR RIFLES its a great pcp and make shore to bring pump and extra maintenance parts .you can search for EVANIX AIR RIFLES for info plus the dealers address in korea,best of luck .

siqbal41
16-02-2012, 04:21 PM
Dear Raja Yasir Bro please advice if Evanix are available locally in Pakistan? I visited their site. They have nice products. Thanks.

raja yasir
16-02-2012, 04:58 PM
there are no pcp airgun available in pakistan.It will be great if you bring one plus you will need a lot of extra heavy pellets for this gun ,EunJin Pellets work best with this gun and they are heaviest pellets in the world.This gun is recommended even for medium size targets like wolfs etc

Birdshooter007
16-02-2012, 06:47 PM
.........EunJin Pellets work best with this gun and they are heaviest pellets in the world. [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B]

What caliber are you talking about?

raja yasir
16-02-2012, 07:49 PM
i am talking about .22cal

raja yasir
16-02-2012, 07:52 PM
In South Korea air rifles are the default weapons for hunting. To make sure hunters have plenty of power, South Korean airgun manufacturers have produced some very accurate and very powerful air rifles. One of these is the Career 707 (http://www.pyramydair.com/s/m/gun/311). Made by Shin Sung, the gun's name was chosen because the word career means "to go very fast." The gun definitely lives up to that!

The preferred hunting caliber in Korea is .22, although the manufacturers make .177- and .20-caliber guns and have even produced some .25-caliber honkers (primarily for the American market). Are you wondering why hunters who can't use firearms wouldn't choose a .25-caliber airgun over a .22? That's where the Eun Jin pellets come in!

raja yasir
16-02-2012, 07:53 PM
Eun Jin's .22-caliber pellets are so heavy that they make larger calibers unnecessary! Heavy pellets keep velocities down into the accurate subsonic range (Korean guns are very powerful), so Korean companies make very heavy lead diabolo pellets. The Eun Jin .22 is at the top of the heap, weighing in at 28 grains!

Birdshooter007
16-02-2012, 08:21 PM
Eun Jin's .22-caliber pellets are so heavy that they make larger calibers unnecessary! Heavy pellets keep velocities down into the accurate subsonic range (Korean guns are very powerful), so Korean companies make very heavy lead diabolo pellets. The Eun Jin .22 is at the top of the heap, weighing in at 28 grains!

So you're talking about the 28gn pellets by Eun Jin? That's not all. Eun Jin also produces 40gn .22 pellets... now this is what I call HEAVY, just like a .22 rimfire.

And how can anyone miss the big bore airguns made in Korea??? Most of the famous big-bores originate from Korea.

raja yasir
16-02-2012, 08:40 PM
the one i am talking about has a sami plus auto option ,plus 22 can deliver more shots per fill.and you can use lighter pellets by adjusting its power.

Birdshooter007
16-02-2012, 10:40 PM
.45 & .50 airguns are used to kill Kudo antelopes, wild boars, cape buffalos, all types of deer/antelopes, etc... I'm sure no .22 can achieve that much power.

raja yasir
16-02-2012, 10:46 PM
yes but for that its best to use a 223cal guns.ammo and guns are available easily and it has more range.

Birdshooter007
17-02-2012, 11:53 AM
yes but for that its best to use a 223cal guns.ammo and guns are available easily and it has more range.
.223 is in no way suited for big game hunting, maybe fine for medium sized deer/antelopes ONLY.
Secondly you'd need a license for a rifle, not needed for these big-bores, and ammo is alot cheaper-can easily be made at home.
But they do have these cons, just 2-5 shots per charge, difficult to charge, STILL NOT POWERFUL AS MOST CENTER-FIRE Cartridges, and doesn't have the recoil/bang of gunpowder.
But I prefer getting firearms over air arms anyday ;)

raja yasir
17-02-2012, 01:27 PM
a 223 in right hands will take down any big game.

Birdshooter007
17-02-2012, 02:41 PM
a 223 in right hands will take down any big game.

A .22LR in the right hands will also take down any big game-By chance/luck. There's news that a guys in the early 1900's shot an ELEPHANT with a .22 short, because the bullet reached it's heart. And mind it, .22short produces just 60ft/lbs at the muzzle, close to a powerful .22 PCP airgun.
SO EVEN A .22 SHORT IN THE RIGHT HANDS CAN TAKE DOWN ANY BIG GAME, or even a powerful small-bore air rifle...In fact ANY WEAPON.
.223 is a VARMINT ROUND, and the minimum caliber for DEER in most states of USA/most countries in the WORLD is a .243, which has much more power than a .223, and started off as a varmint round but heavier bullets are good for deer/antelopes.
I don't think ANYONE RECOMMENDS a .223 to anyone for ANY BIG GAME.. this includes CAPE BUFFALO, RHINO, ELEPHANT, and so on... I think a .416 RIGBY for elephants, or a .375H&H magnum for CAPE BUFFALO.
As Skeeter 60 said in an old post, that some people in Pakistan shoot NILGAI at night with spotlights, on jeep @close ranges with even a .243... this caliber is not worthy of being used on Nilgai at 100 yards even. So a .270 is recommended for NILGAI.
Rest is your choice.