PDA

View Full Version : How to Remove Stuck Choke Tube in Shotgun

shafiq992
15-02-2012, 01:00 PM
Dear All seniors,

Need you help to un crew my new shot guns choke. quite frankly i didnt chek it when i was buyg the gun. once i reach home i tried to remove both of chokes from my Baikal o/u sporting i cam to know that uper choke which is full choke is stuch .

kindly help me to solve this issue

regards

Denovo87
15-02-2012, 01:11 PM
Try (un) screwing it after having good lunch ;) joke aside, did you try DW40 ?

12GAUGE
15-02-2012, 01:48 PM
bro. Nothing to worry. Unlike some, this thing can easily be unscrewed once screwed. Lols!

Anyways, kindly pour alot of WD40 in a large bowl. Dip the barrel's muzzle in the bowl. It should be dipped deep enough that the choke tube area along with all its thread and seating area gets dipped in WD40. Keep it dipped for 24 hours and try again. Take extreme caution that you should apply force and not let the choe tube wrench slip. As it can destroy the cuts in the choke tube. Which will cause the choke tube to get permanently stuck inside.

If you still could not remove it. Just take the gun to a qualified gunsmith. He can easily machine a tool that snuggly fits inside the barrel and attaches itself to the cuts in the choke tube. This causes maximum force to be applied with lowest possibility of damage.

Dont worry too much. It can happen to anyone. The choke tubes have many threads and when stored for a long period of time they develop a propensity of siezing inside. All it needs is some brute force carefully controlled and your choke will be free.

Regards.

Hamid
15-02-2012, 03:26 PM
The rupee five coin fits better in the choke than the choke wrench supplied with the gun. Place the coin in the choke tube cuts and unscrew it with the help of pliers.

Skeeter60
15-02-2012, 06:26 PM
Spray WD 40 inside the barrel where the threads start and also at the muzzle end and leave it over night or for a few hours and then open. Clean the threads on the choke and barrel with WD 40 and a cloth and re tighten after applying a little grease on the threads ; you will not have a stuck choke again.

shafiq992
15-02-2012, 06:41 PM
Thanks to all, let me try this and will update you all.

Thanks again

saqi.gunlover
15-02-2012, 07:08 PM
Dear All seniors,

Need you help to un crew my new shot guns choke. quite frankly i didnt chek it when i was buyg the gun. once i reach home i tried to remove both of chokes from my Baikal o/u sporting i cam to know that uper choke which is full choke is stuch .

kindly help me to solve this issue

regards

I have faced the same issue with my new Baikal MP153 when bought NIB to home tried my best to do so but was unable to do so.....
So i took it to the dealer i purchased from and his mechanic did it for me after applying some nasa rusto nill spray,it got un screwed in few minutes after that i have applied grease on choke sitting threads in barrel and after that it didnt happened till the day.....
Usually it happens with NIB guns or when the guns are kept unused for long time