PDA

View Full Version : Accidental / jubilation firing murders

Skeeter60
14-02-2012, 11:26 AM
I just thought of writing about incidents of un necessary loss of life or murders due to carelessness and firing on celebrations and turning these into funerals. These may serve as grim reminders.
Sheikhupura. One killed and one seriously wounded on the 13th of February 2012. In village Mirza Virkan a marriage party was going on when some idiot started firing in the air. Arsalan was killed and Hamid fighting for life in a hospital. ( The DAWN 14th Feb 2012 )

gunenthusiast
14-02-2012, 11:40 AM
sir, you have brought to focus an important issue which needs collective action.Although marriages are an occasion of rejoicing, sadly because of the carelessness or idiocy of somebody, great harm is done to innocent bystanders. We need to highlight the importance of restraint on such happy occasions and safe handling of weapons.

Ahnab
14-02-2012, 11:42 AM
I wonder how many poor, innocent people have to die before these absolute idiots stop being such brainless twits and wake up to the fact that FIREARMS ARE NOT TOYS! It's heart wrenching to hear/read about the hapless victims of these thick-skulled morons who have such little regard for human life.

It's sadly ironic how we, as a nation, keep clamoring about having firearms but have absolutely no respect for the lethality of the guns we go around totting.

Canik
14-02-2012, 01:24 PM
I just thought of writing about incidents of un necessary loss of life or murders due to carelessness and firing on celebrations and turning these into funerals. These may serve as grim reminders.
Sheikhupura. One killed and one seriously wounded on the 13th of February 2012. In village Mirza Virkan a marriage party was going on when some idiot started firing in the air. Arsalan was killed and Hamid fighting for life in a hospital. ( The DAWN 14th Feb 2012 )

yes, an idiotic act.

siqbal41
14-02-2012, 05:19 PM
May Allah save every one. As a responsible citizen, we must depreciate areal firing.

baqai
23-02-2012, 02:20 PM
one of the main reason that i stayed away from firearms till now is also this, witnessed someone getting injured due to stupid wedding firing thing, it was an accidental discharge on ground and the bullet bounced back (i guess its called riochet) and injured a person in leg.

I have friends who love to do firing on new years and chand raat, i politely refuse their invitation, although i will admit firing ONE shot (in my life) and that was at seaside pointing towards sea (Still not proud of the fact that i did it) other than that if i end up at such occasions i tend to stay indoors praying they run out of bullets soon and nobody gets hurt.

I can understand spending 40 (cost) x 50 (amount of bullets) on a range to see how much you have improved your aim but i fail to understand spending the same amount in thin air ...

Hamid
23-02-2012, 06:02 PM
The more we condemn it, the better.

paki.gunner
23-02-2012, 11:03 PM
i have observed such incidents took place in small cities and villages and its mostly done by uneducated people. most of them take pride in aerial firing.

malik160
24-02-2012, 02:11 AM
Just saw on tv today that at a rally, they were openly firing in the air, it was a crowded road and hundreds of people standing and watching a few idiots firing their pistols in the air.
its just sick.

paki.gunner
27-02-2012, 04:44 PM
last night i attended a friend's wedding ceremony. despite of the request by the groom people started aerial firing. most of them where drunk and they didn't listen to evern groom and his family. a guy fired about 150 rounds from AK-47. I don't know why people show off :(

SalmanHusain
27-02-2012, 07:51 PM
i think blanks should be imported in good numbers and tax and restrictions on it should be reduced so ppl can use blanks for jubilation

s.cheema
27-02-2012, 08:16 PM
i second you

Canik
27-02-2012, 08:31 PM
i have observed such incidents took place in small cities and villages and its mostly done by uneducated people. most of them take pride in aerial firing.

Brother. Educated people also

hdaackda
27-02-2012, 09:05 PM
Btw, are blanks easily available, and what is their cost relative to a normal FMJ? Especially 9mm and Makarov?

Moeen
27-02-2012, 09:25 PM
Salam All,
One can wish all one wants but I do believe NOTHING shall change regarding this arial firing. So I say good, keep on firing, I am happy to announce a new version of Khandani mansuba bandi Ka bandobast ho gaya hai. Plus make more room for us as all cities are getting too crowded.

durrani
28-02-2012, 12:19 AM
Good thought SalmanHusain, blanks will no doubt be very useful.

Skeeter60
28-02-2012, 11:37 AM
Good thought SalmanHusain, blanks will no doubt be very useful.

There will be more deaths. People will abuse this allowance and use real ammo. Besides the blanks do not fire auto unless a muzzle blocking device is used.
NO FIRING be allowed period.
Let us not turn an occasion to celebrate and rejoice into a FUNERAL.

moizulhassan
28-02-2012, 11:48 AM
There will be more deaths. People will abuse this allowance and use real ammo. Besides the blanks do not fire auto unless a muzzle blocking device is used.
NO FIRING be allowed period.
Let us not turn an occasion to celebrate and rejoice into a FUNERAL.

Nice Words Sir. I think such type of Firing is a shameful act.

paki.gunner
02-03-2012, 03:05 AM
canik bro, just 3 days after this post i went to this wedding and my 2nd post described the situation. My friend (Groom) specifically requested everyone but people were so drunk that they didn't listen to him and his father. i think there should be an education campaign in the villages for firearms safety.

Brother. Educated people also

gunenthusiast
02-03-2012, 10:58 AM
paki.gunner bro you are dead right. We do need a lot of gun safety education in the villages

baqai
02-03-2012, 12:54 PM
gunehtusiast to add to your statement, we need a lot of education in ALL ASPECTS in the villages not only gun safety.

Canik
02-03-2012, 01:03 PM
gunehtusiast to add to your statement, we need a lot of education in ALL ASPECTS in the villages not only gun safety.

100% correct

Sturmgewehr
16-04-2012, 01:14 AM
I wonder how many poor, innocent people have to die before these absolute idiots stop being such brainless twits and wake up to the fact that FIREARMS ARE NOT TOYS! It's heart wrenching to hear/read about the hapless victims of these thick-skulled morons who have such little regard for human life.

It's sadly ironic how we, as a nation, keep clamoring about having firearms but have absolutely no respect for the lethality of the guns we go around totting.

I absolutely agree......I abhor such foolish practices and the people who indulge in them........And you would be surprised to know how many of our "distinguished elite" relate to fire arms as quote "yeh tou hamaray bain hath ka khel hai".....all of those men have quite a collection of licenses both PB and NPB...maybe its high time to place workable and potent psycho analysis tests to see whether a person deserves the honour of being an armed citizen or not.

gunenthusiast
16-04-2012, 12:31 PM
i agree with you bos.Also our so-called 'ELITE' from any background also need education.

shaharyar
26-03-2013, 04:50 AM
i would like all to shed light on another observation that i made in weddings and all other functions in which arial firing is done that some youngster that get fasinated by this and and do not know a single thing abt guns with few exceptions who might know the spellings which i still doubt seriously , appraoch the guy with the gun and askBhai aik fire kara dain?
and all credit to such bhais that they hand thier gun to such amatuars as they are distributing free candies. now imagine the scenario a guy with a loaded gun who does not even know how to pull the trigger. for gods sake there are innocent people out there!

in one case i lost my control and approached such bhai and asked him not to hand his gun to any amature (there were few standing by ) and his answer was most annoying ,bachain hain yaar shouq pura karnay do.

i am my self new to guns but i will ask seniors and all pg members to dedicate some time to
educate such bhais so that these incidents could be reduced and innocent lives could be saved.

Deathrow
26-03-2013, 09:18 AM
I don't know about other cities, but here in Karachi Aerial shooting has become such a problem... let it be New Year`s Eve, Chaand Raat or Pakistan winning any cricket match, our city turns into War zone... You guys might you actually believe but check this out,
My office is in Landhi Industrial Area and people working here usually go to the rooftop to smoke.. the other day this guy came down and shared with me 4 bullet heads which he found from our roof top...

My Cousin in Multan actually became a victim of Aerial firing but Alhumdulillah no fatal damage was caused as the bullet entered right above the knee.

If we all commit to spread the word around and make an effort to inform others I feel it would definitely create some kind of difference.. It will not end the problem but we are a huge number of people here so I feel it is definitely going to make some difference

Enigmatic Desires
26-03-2013, 10:19 AM
Unfortunately sir. people dont listen. Cause u see they believe they know best. If Sunju baba can do it in Vastaav how DARE we try and stop em from doing the same. Feel sorry for your coz bro.

An utterly unforeseen injury. Hope his knee has healed nicely.

Deathrow
26-03-2013, 11:00 AM
Unfortunately sir. people dont listen. Cause u see they believe they know best. If Sunju baba can do it in Vastaav how DARE we try and stop em from doing the same. Feel sorry for your coz bro.

An utterly unforeseen injury. Hope his knee has healed nicely.

Yup Alhumdulillah it has healed now and functions perfectly... happened many many years ago

Ashes
26-03-2013, 11:10 AM
For New Year's, Chaand Raat, Weddings etc. there are always other safer options like fireworks and "Patakha pistole"!

why can they not keep it at that? these options also make noise, at times more than a gun!
it's just a machismo-syndrome where boys feel they will become men by firing real guns up in the air!

Fudgepacker
26-03-2013, 02:47 PM
Wow, I can't believe aerial firing is even legal in a civilized society. Especially in metropolitan areas, such as any city in Pakistan. In city limits here, you can't even shoot a .22 at proper targets in your backyard. I believe an American member of this forum once shared a story about the swat team showing up when he was just shooting an air gun in the open, on his own property. Is that a limitation on our gun rights? Don't know, and in this regard I really don't care, as long as we can walk down the street without having to worry about getting hit by stray bullets.

shaharyar
26-03-2013, 03:01 PM
buddy the are all kinds of laws and limitations but problem is that there is no check by local LEAs .

shaharyar
26-03-2013, 03:10 PM
@deathrow
the situation here is also worse once i went to roof top kids were playing around suddenly i noticed that they had gathered some bullet heads and few balls that i guess were from SG or LG catridges. the last friday was worse as it was an unofficial basant call and just before maghrib this arial firing started it was hell like you were in a middle of battle and we had to run for cover to avoid becoming a victim of the stray bullet.

Deathrow
26-03-2013, 03:16 PM
@deathrow
the situation here is also worse once i went to roof top kids were playing around suddenly i noticed that they had gathered some bullet heads and few balls that i guess were from SG or LG catridges. the last friday was worse as it was an unofficial basant call and just before maghrib this arial firing started it was hell like you were in a middle of battle and we had to run for cover to avoid becoming a victim of the stray bullet.

That is exactly what I mean...Why do we have to wait for something wrong to happen.. Why cant we just be careful before hand...and these accidents also play a role in spoiling the image of gun Enthusiasts in general... You tell someone you like guns and suddenly they look at you in a different manner... because suddenly they picture you to be one of those maniacs who are shooting a burst of an illegal automatic on the new years eve and someone who is obsessed with violence...

shaharyar
26-03-2013, 03:21 PM
That is exactly what I mean...Why do we have to wait for something wrong to happen.. Why cant we just be careful before hand...and these accidents also play a role in spoiling the image of gun Enthusiasts in general... You tell someone you like guns and suddenly they look at you in a different manner... because suddenly they picture you to be one of those maniacs who are shooting a burst of an illegal automatic on the new years eve and someone who is obsessed with violence...

i think the problems is the easy and cheap availibility of weapons as these people only bother to have something to do bang with it

Deathrow
26-03-2013, 03:31 PM
i think the problems is the easy and cheap availibility of weapons as these people only bother to have something to do bang with it

Akhi getting a weapon is such a hassle in our country... ask someone who has gone through the legal procedure... I had to wait for 7 months to get my licence... In US its so much simpler because their constitution states that it is the right of every civilian to own a weapon for their protection...Further I have heard that the laws are even more liberal in many European countries but they do not have incidents such as these.... What`s the difference? Discipline....

Many people consider Aerial firing at wedding as their tradition and culture... We are all grown up adults now and we need to realize that its okay to give up traditions and customs if they are dangerous / stupid / make no sense / we thought to be part of our religion but are not or outdated... Cultures are traditions are created by people and for people....

shaharyar
26-03-2013, 06:04 PM
legal process is just PIA i am waiting for mine for last two months and if you go orther way its just matter of day or so and you get what you want.