PDA

View Full Version : Need advice on purchase with respect to few variables

taha
13-02-2012, 11:14 AM
Hi!

I want to purchase a 30 bore TT soon; but due to few parameters, I have currently budget of around 20K. I have heard I can get NIB 30 bore China around this figure, but I'm not sure if this figure stands correct for KHI. So should I buy a 2nd hand one? I might later on want to upgrade to 9mm (or buy a separate firearm hence keep both).

I would definitely want reliability, so don't want any FTF or FTE etc.

Also, could someone please guide on good dealers to purchase my weapon (based on advice you give for my special case)?

Thanks!

Faheem
14-02-2012, 07:21 AM
Dear Taha,

You can buy new Chinese 30 bore after increasing your little bit budget. But here I would like to suggest you that buy new one and from reliable dealer because these days thousands of 30 bore clones available in the market.

Mr personal advise is that, you should increase your budget and buy new /used CF98. it s better than 30 bore in weight, size , accuracy and reliability.

Trigger_happy78
14-02-2012, 09:29 AM
Bro if you do want to buy a .30cal, then only buy a zastava m57. Otherwise I agree with Faheem bro.

taha
14-02-2012, 09:45 AM
@all

Thanks for your kind replies

I'd love to buy Zastava m57, I've seen it and like it's grip (longer than 30 bore China), but someone told me he got it for around 35k. Thats out of budget currently.

What is price of CF98? Is it also 30 bore?

Birdshooter007
14-02-2012, 10:57 AM
CF98 is around 40k-45k and is a 9mm.

Mig
15-02-2012, 08:52 PM
In your budget the only choice is NIB chinese .30 bore. The price may vary a little, maybe 22k or 25k. Visit the market.

saad-dlr
17-02-2012, 12:38 AM
Should i go for a Khyber Arms TT or Moonstar Arms TT ??

These are the only two choices that i currently have.
Need Advice regarding which one to go for.
Regards.

Canik
17-02-2012, 02:39 AM
Should i go for a Khyber Arms TT or Moonstar Arms TT ??

These are the only two choices that i currently have.
Need Advice regarding which one to go for.
Regards.

Can u please share the prices of khyber and moon ???

All the advices are very accurate.
Increase your budget little then you have very reliable chinese 30 for purchase.
Chinese tt is currently at available at the price of 22000/-

taha
17-02-2012, 10:13 AM
In your budget the only choice is NIB chinese .30 bore. The price may vary a little, maybe 22k or 25k. Visit the market.

Thanks for your kind reply!

taha
17-02-2012, 10:31 AM
I have an understanding, which may need to be corrected, hence I'm posting my view:

Since it's the first time I'm going to buy a real arm, therefore I should start with something cheaper, yet reliable. Then when I get comfortable with it (maintenance and usage), I could upgrade my collection.

What do you guys suggest?

Mig
17-02-2012, 07:31 PM
I have an understanding, which may need to be corrected, hence I'm posting my view:

Since it's the first time I'm going to buy a real arm, therefore I should start with something cheaper, yet reliable. Then when I get comfortable with it (maintenance and usage), I could upgrade my collection.

What do you guys suggest?

Brother, Chinese TT is the cheapest and also reliable. The Local stuff are cheaper maybe but they are not pretty reliable. You said you have 20k then just add 2-3k and get it. Do you have the license ?

taha
20-02-2012, 11:49 AM
Brother, Chinese TT is the cheapest and also reliable. The Local stuff are cheaper maybe but they are not pretty reliable. You said you have 20k then just add 2-3k and get it. Do you have the license ?
That is sound advice! Many thanks!! And about the license, yes, it's currently under process!

Nazim Sahib
20-02-2012, 11:56 AM
Taha if you were spending 10 or 12K on a TT then it would be fine to buy a local.But if your going far enough into 20K for a Local TT then it would be better to get a Chinese or Zastava.And guns are rugged and dont wear out easy.Your Chinese TT will be reliable and will last forever.

taha
20-02-2012, 11:58 AM
Taha if you were spending 10 or 12K on a TT then it would be fine to buy a local.But if your going far enough into 20K for a Local TT then it would be better to get a Chinese or Zastava.And guns are rugged and dont wear out easy.Your Chinese TT will be reliable and will last forever.
Makes sense Sir! BTW how is the recoil of a Chinese TT?

Nazim Sahib
20-02-2012, 12:15 PM
The recoil on ALL .30 weapons is quite strong.It doesnt make a big difference if you buy a Chinese or local handgun recoil will always be quite big.Infact the better ammo you use the harder the recoil.But thats a good thing.Shows power in the ammo.

taha
20-02-2012, 01:54 PM
The recoil on ALL .30 weapons is quite strong.It doesnt make a big difference if you buy a Chinese or local handgun recoil will always be quite big.Infact the better ammo you use the harder the recoil.But thats a good thing.Shows power in the ammo.
Thanks for the info! I hope it is manageable.

Nazim Sahib
21-02-2012, 05:27 PM
It will be easily managable.You will just need to fire a few rounds and you will get the hang of it.Its no big deal.

taha
21-02-2012, 06:06 PM
That's great to hear!

kf7mjf
22-02-2012, 11:55 AM
I do not know if such is available in Pakistan, but for a while one could get 9mm barrels and magazines for the Chinese TT in the US. In fact many Chinese TT's came in as 9mm. The difference is the barrel, barrel bushing and magazine. An insert was pinned in .30 magwells (some guns were conversions) to fit the shorter 9mm magazines. So if one is handy with their hands, one could actually have a TT in two calibers.

As for recoil, I have found the TT does not bite hard, although it speaks with much authority LOL! Putting a heavier recoil spring can tame the recoil, and as long as the weapon still cycles you are fine.