PDA

View Full Version : gamo magnum pellet& rabbit hunting

pakistanishekari
06-02-2012, 10:14 PM
help me witch pellets are best for rabbit &dove hunting i think gamo magnum & pro magnum are best ..............................................

SHIEKH TARIQ UK
07-02-2012, 12:05 AM
SALAM BAHI.
The best pellet would be ULTRAMAG metal tip thats if you can get them in PAKISTAN. SH TARIQ UK.

raja yasir
07-02-2012, 12:27 AM
salam pg brothers,
Today i went for hunt with my friend in the evening at around 5 we reached the hunting spot ,today i decided to take diana 36 and 56th , started the dove hunt with 36 had half an hour took five doves till 5:30 pm and no misses this gun is so accurate after all these years and powerful as well .Then at night fall around 7 pm started the search for rabbits got two in around one hour with the lazer attached to the barrel of 56th and the hole hunt took 7 pellet ,i will call it a good evening at hunt.Pellets i used today were Diana magnums

raja yasir
07-02-2012, 12:31 AM
gamo magnum can easily take down both that is if it hits .The main problem with this pellet is its accuracy .

pakistanishekari
07-02-2012, 08:14 AM
can u info.. me where i from bought these?

s.cheema
07-02-2012, 12:05 PM
nice hunting

Anjum
07-02-2012, 12:43 PM
@ Pakistani Shakari
Just tell which caliber u using and tell the velocity of the gun. Then it be easy to tell u which pellet to use. In general .177 is good for dove but for rabbits u has to use .22 for average velocity guns. For high velocity guns stats may differ.

Umair Bhaur
07-02-2012, 03:55 PM
salam pg brothers,
Today i went for hunt with my friend in the evening at around 5 we reached the hunting spot ,today i decided to take diana 36 and 56th , started the dove hunt with 36 had half an hour took five doves till 5:30 pm and no misses this gun is so accurate after all these years and powerful as well .Then at night fall around 7 pm started the search for rabbits got two in around one hour with the lazer attached to the barrel of 56th and the hole hunt took 7 pellet ,i will call it a good evening at hunt.Pellets i used today were Diana magnums

Nice hunt. Which scope do you use on your 56TH? Please give complete model number.

pakistanishekari
07-02-2012, 05:57 PM
i have diana 31 p cal.22

pakistanishekari
07-02-2012, 06:00 PM
i have diana 31 p cal.22

raja yasir
07-02-2012, 10:24 PM
Nice hunt. Which scope do you use on your 56TH? Please give complete model number.
dear umair bro,
Since i keep switching scopes on my guns ,scopes are my hobby as well ,i tried bushnell 3*9-40 aoce its a compact very nice hd view its made in japan but this gun requires a long body scope for eye relief ,so i mounted leupold 6*24-60 this scope is a bit heavy thats why i shifted it to my diana 35 and now i am using 6*24-50 tesco on it.

Anjum
08-02-2012, 04:15 PM
i have diana 31 p cal.22
Dear Pakistani Shekari be clear what P stands for P refers to Panther, P refers to Professional and P also refers to Professional compact as well. Now tell which Diana u have to be more concise.

Anjum
08-02-2012, 04:17 PM
Dear Pakistani Shekari be clear what P stands for P refers to Panther, P refers to Professional and P also refers to Professional compact as well. Now tell which Diana u have to be more concise.
All the 3 P's belongs to 31 Diana

sajjadkhan
13-02-2012, 12:50 PM
Nice hunting

pakistanishekari
20-02-2012, 03:59 PM
diana 31 panther

mayorajpoot5
20-02-2012, 07:59 PM
nice hunt brother

durrani
20-02-2012, 08:17 PM
I think gamo magnum & pro magnum will work.

"King Of Kings"
22-02-2012, 02:53 PM
Gammo pro mag and gammo mag available in our local market are not orignal pellets they are refilled one's
There is a big difference between orignal gammo pellets and our local gammo pellets

Regards,

Birdshooter007
22-02-2012, 03:54 PM
Neither are the original ones much accurate.

raja yasir
22-02-2012, 04:08 PM
Neither are the original ones much accurate.
in some airguns they work fine but not as good as diana pellets of-course.

Birdshooter007
22-02-2012, 04:31 PM
in some airguns they work fine but not as good as diana pellets of-course.
Not only Diana, but all HIGH END PELLETS.

raja yasir
22-02-2012, 10:22 PM
Not only Diana, but all HIGH END PELLETS.
you are right but i was comparing only with the ones in hand.

shahroze
07-09-2012, 06:13 AM
Try gamo match really Accurate
15.43 grains , and packs and punch
They have incredible stopping power

jog3ee
07-09-2012, 10:02 AM
flatheads/wadcutter pellets are never good for hunting Shahroze bro :). Upto 20-25 yards they're good but with lesser penetration; beyond that their performance and effectiveness becomes questionable. For hunting (beyond 25-30 yards) following are the recommended pellets in order of their performance:
1-Domed
2-Hollowpoints
3-Pointed
4-Wadcutters

Birdshooter007
07-09-2012, 10:55 AM
flatheads/wadcutter pellets are never good for hunting Shahroze bro :). Upto 20-25 yards they're good but with lesser penetration; beyond that their performance and effectiveness becomes questionable. For hunting (beyond 25-30 yards) following are the recommended pellets in order of their performance:
1-Domed
2-Hollowpoints
3-Pointed
4-WadcuttersActually the Gamo pellets available in the market now suck like hell. No accuracy, no consistency. Right, wad cutters are only effective at short ranges.

12GAUGE
07-09-2012, 11:08 AM
Actually the Gamo pellets available in the market now suck like hell. No accuracy, no consistency. Right, wad cutters are only effective at short ranges.

Bro then what would you suggest? is there a substitute to Gamo pointed pellets other than Irani or Desi pellets?

whats your opinion on "most accurate" pellet in the market?

Regards.

Birdshooter007
07-09-2012, 11:13 AM
Bro then what would you suggest? is there a substitute to Gamo pointed pellets other than Irani or Desi pellets?
Nope no other options I think. One has to try Irani, Afghani, Gamo Pro Mag, Gamo Match in their gun to see which gives the best accuracy.

whats your opinion on "most accurate" pellet in the market?
Irani/Afghani? And some old production batch Gamo pellets which are uniform in shape.
Check post #94
http://www.pakguns.com/showthread.php?7335-hello-every-one/page5

12GAUGE
07-09-2012, 11:21 AM
Nope no other options I think. One has to try Irani, Afghani, Gamo Pro Mag, Gamo Match in their gun to see which gives the best accuracy.

Irani/Afghani? And some old production batch Gamo pellets which are uniform in shape.
Check post #94
http://www.pakguns.com/showthread.php?7335-hello-every-one/page5

ok, this may be off topic but I am searching for some quality (and reasonably priced) airgun scope. went to baddurddin the other day and he showed me a Gamo Scope for 3K and a bushnell scope for 3K as well and some other scopes for under 2k each. which one would you recommend? I have a gamo shadow 1000 that is itching for a scope.

and one more question: I am kinda rebuilding a .22lr rifle. need a scope for that too. will these scopes work? I am working under a challenge to finish this rifle under extremely tight budget.

Regards.

Junaid86
07-09-2012, 11:29 AM
ok, this may be off topic but I am searching for some quality (and reasonably priced) airgun scope. went to baddurddin the other day and he showed me a Gamo Scope for 3K and a bushnell scope for 3K as well and some other scopes for under 2k each. which one would you recommend? I have a gamo shadow 1000 that is itching for a scope.

and one more question: I am kinda rebuilding a .22lr rifle. need a scope for that too. will these scopes work? I am working under a challenge to finish this rifle under extremely tight budget.

Regards.

Go to Shamsuddin & sons, he had walther adjustable objective scope (a must for airgun).. go for it..
Badruddin had centerpoint scope few days back, wait for a few days he may order some more.

Birdshooter007
07-09-2012, 11:29 AM
I think the Gamo scope will be ok with the airgun as Gamo Shadow 1000 is not a magnum springer.
.22LR has no recoil so the Bushnell and Gamo both would do.

There was a Center point 4-16x40AO for 7500rs at Badaruddin too last week.

12GAUGE
07-09-2012, 11:32 AM
Go to Shamsuddin & sons, he had walther adjustable objective scope (a must for airgun).. go for it..
Badruddin had centerpoint scope few days back, wait for a few days he may order some more.

I went to badaruddin after reading chauhdary bro's post on availability of centerpoint scope. however he was all out of those. same with mustansir (shamsuddin) he too was all out of scopes.

Regards.

12GAUGE
07-09-2012, 11:34 AM
I think the Gamo scope will be ok with the airgun as Gamo Shadow 1000 is not a magnum springer.
.22LR has no recoil so the Bushnell and Gamo both would do.

There was a Center point 4-16x40AO for 7500rs at Badaruddin too last week.

so which one is better? Gamo or Bushnell. he told me that both are made in China. I dont know if it suggests quality or lack of quality.

Regards.

Junaid86
07-09-2012, 11:37 AM
so which one is better? Gamo or Bushnell. he told me that both are made in China. I dont know if it suggests quality or lack of quality.

Regards.

Gamo will be better as it is parallex adjusted for 30 Yards, bushnell will be fine for your 22

12GAUGE
07-09-2012, 11:48 AM
Gamo will be better as it is parallex adjusted for 30 Yards, bushnell will be fine for your 22

Bhai, quick question: which is better Gamo with Zoom or Gamo without Zoom (fixed zoom) in terms of durability.

Regards.

Birdshooter007
07-09-2012, 11:56 AM
I went to badaruddin after reading chauhdary bro's post on availability of centerpoint scope. however he was all out of those. same with mustansir (shamsuddin) he too was all out of scopes.

Regards.
Scopes are gaining popularity here now everyone has one even on their airgun even in villages ;)

Regards.
I am using a Leapers 4-16x50AO on my BSA S10, that is one of the best scopes around and the cheapest (got mine for $80). Center point and Leapers are the same scope with different markings. These are made in China but the best Chinese products!!!!!!
Many companies selling scopes at 1/4-1/20 the prices of other good scopes get them made in China but they don't lack in anything and are as good (of course maybe not feature wise)

I think Chinese Bushnell replicas are very common here and they may be of varying quality made by different companies/factories. As Gamo stamps they're name on Chinese scopes they get good ones of invariant quality as even Al Sayad sells them. So Gamo would be good for the airguns as airguns have more recoil than .22s, and if the Bushnell is with more magnification it can be utilized on the .22.

Junaid86
07-09-2012, 12:01 PM
Bhai, quick question: which is better Gamo with Zoom or Gamo without Zoom (fixed zoom) in terms of durability.

Regards.

Go with zoom option, as you will need it.. The fixed ones are more durable though but again by the time adjustable magnification scope will fail you have got most most of your scope.

rockstar
07-09-2012, 01:25 PM
Scopes are gaining popularity here now everyone has one even on their airgun even in villages ;)

I am using a Leapers 4-16x50AO on my BSA S10, that is one of the best scopes around and the cheapest (got mine for $80). Center point and Leapers are the same scope with different markings. These are made in China but the best Chinese products!!!!!!
Many companies selling scopes at 1/4-1/20 the prices of other good scopes get them made in China but they don't lack in anything and are as good (of course maybe not feature wise)

I think Chinese Bushnell replicas are very common here and they may be of varying quality made by different companies/factories. As Gamo stamps they're name on Chinese scopes they get good ones of invariant quality as even Al Sayad sells them. So Gamo would be good for the airguns as airguns have more recoil than .22s, and if the Bushnell is with more magnification it can be utilized on the .22.
AL Sayad Dubai they are official dealer in sole trade of Diana and Gamo the scopes and air rifles they have are 100% Original with warranty tag http://www.gamo.com/Controller?_objid=64219&pAction=_factory&_fp=preview&idPortlet=11441&_fb=sishm i have Gamo 3-9X50 IR WR scope buyed from Al Sayad its very good in Quality its made in BSA plant its price is 650 Durhams at Al Sayad The scope which you are talking about at Buddrdin and sons is pure fake a piece of crap its copy same like they have Bsa copies scope ... Big problem in Pakistan is that people do not have knowledge which is Original and which is Fake in Pakistan plenty of Gamo fake pellets are available people think that they are made by Gamo but they are Fake ones.... Original ones also available in some shops even in Rawalpindi some time before buddrudin also had but now they also sell fake ones cost them 200 per tin... http://www.diana-airguns.de/index.php?id=63&L=1&width=1024&height=768 http://www.gamo.com/portal/international/12064?pAction=selectPage&idPortlet=30417238&selectPage=0

Birdshooter007
07-09-2012, 01:47 PM
That's good :)

12GAUGE
07-09-2012, 02:52 PM
@Junaid86 and Chauhdary

Thanks gentlemen for all your help but I am afraid I'll have to bother you some more as I am unable to zero the thing.

Just got back after getting Gamo 3-9*40 scope from badaruddin. took less then two minutes to get it on the rifle however I could not get it to zero even after struggling with it for two hours. any ideas?

originally the point of impact was 4 inches low and 6 inches towards right of the point of aim at 10 yards.

I kinda turned both screws in "i don't know what direction" but managed to bring the point of impact somewhere near the 1 inch area to the point of aim. cannot get it to shift any further. I think it could be the inconsistencies in my shooting. probably need a better shooter to zero it for me.

can it be possible? can a better shooter zero an air rifle for me or its an individual thing like a shotgun fit? plus, I need a set of younger eyes... so... whoz lending? lols!

Regards.

Khilji
07-09-2012, 03:18 PM
12gauge bro on which air gun are you instaling this scope?

12GAUGE
07-09-2012, 03:21 PM
12gauge bro on which air gun are you instaling this scope?

on a Gamo Shadow 1000 bro.

Regards.

jog3ee
07-09-2012, 03:28 PM
I just came across this whole convo and frankly 12guage bro i wouldn't have suggested any of the 3k scopes, instead i'd ask you to wait for those centerpoint scopes as they'll give you best bang for your hard earned bucks :) I may have missed it but which gun are you mounting this scope to? .22lr or an airgun?

If it is an airgun the scope should last you 200 shots before giving up due to airgun recoil. If its a .22lr it may last longer.

Airguns have the worst recoil for any scope and any scope which is not airgun rated is bound to damage no matter how expensive it may be (I've read people destroying their leupolds, redfield and bushnells etc on an airgun, especially diana airguns).

Did you mount the rings/base correctly? They need to be well aligned and both of the same shape and size so the scope is perfectly fitted.

Did you at any point turned the elevation knob to either of its extremes, and shot a couple of rounds?? If yes, then you may have disturbed the inner scope tube. What happens is when you fully relax the elevation knob, it does not apply adequate pressure on the scope tube and it relaxes; then if you fire some shots the relaxed tube is prone to move within the scope hence hampering your accuracy. On the other hand If you fully tighten the elevation knob it may put excessive pressure on the tube, hence damaging it.

Does you airgun have a barrel droop issue?? try shimming if you suspect it to be a drooper (many break barrel springers are droopers). Google to find out more about barrel droop n shimming.

Hope it helps, if not change the scope immediately and wait for those centerpoint ones to be back in stock

Khilji
07-09-2012, 03:34 PM
Bro 12gauge I use a target paper to zero a scope with 2-3 pellets, just aim the gun at centre of the bulleye and shoot, where ever the pellt goes, now hold the gun at the same target centre of the bulleye and start to set the scope just move the scope to the pellet hole at first set it left or right and after that up or down after getting it at zero again try it if. There is a little bit diffrence do it again.

12GAUGE
07-09-2012, 03:57 PM
The said airgun is a gamo shadow 1000. I not familiar with the installation and working of scopes but easily installed using the supplied two piece scope mounts. I can get the point of impact to shift in my desired direction but either it moves too little or moves too much. therefore I am only able to bring it somewhere within 1 inch of the point of aim.

anyways, I have one more question: I am constantly seeing a small black spot at the very bottom of the image that I see through the scope. later I pin pointed that out as the front sight of the air rifle. is that normal?

I can get the scope to mount a few millimeters high by shimming it with strips of aluminum soda can. will it do anything?

Regards.

Junaid86
07-09-2012, 04:15 PM
The said airgun is a gamo shadow 1000. I not familiar with the installation and working of scopes but easily installed using the supplied two piece scope mounts. I can get the point of impact to shift in my desired direction but either it moves too little or moves too much. therefore I am only able to bring it somewhere within 1 inch of the point of aim.

anyways, I have one more question: I am constantly seeing a small black spot at the very bottom of the image that I see through the scope. later I pin pointed that out as the front sight of the air rifle. is that normal?

I can get the scope to mount a few millimeters high by shimming it with strips of aluminum soda can. will it do anything?

Regards.

Shim the rear mount, it will take care of barrel droop (bring the POI upwards with scope adjustments in the middle)
Make sure the scope is still and not moving even a few mm in the rings or on base.
Is their any wind around? if it is shooting too much to the right this indicates poor quality rings or in worst case scenario a bent barrel.

jog3ee
07-09-2012, 07:29 PM
Yeah seeing your front sight isnt sumthing to worry about :)

Khilji
07-09-2012, 09:13 PM
Cross hair can move upto one foot even more so check it put the gun on bench rest and try to check it

Dan.maqbool
08-09-2012, 05:58 PM
@Junaid86 and Chauhdary

Thanks gentlemen for all your help but I am afraid I'll have to bother you some more as I am unable to zero the thing.

Just got back after getting Gamo 3-9*40 scope from badaruddin. took less then two minutes to get it on the rifle however I could not get it to zero even after struggling with it for two hours. any ideas?

originally the point of impact was 4 inches low and 6 inches towards right of the point of aim at 10 yards.

I kinda turned both screws in "i don't know what direction" but managed to bring the point of impact somewhere near the 1 inch area to the point of aim. cannot get it to shift any further. I think it could be the inconsistencies in my shooting. probably need a better shooter to zero it for me.

can it be possible? can a better shooter zero an air rifle for me or its an individual thing like a shotgun fit? plus, I need a set of younger eyes... so... whoz lending? lols!

Regards.

I think Your Scope having a problem as its loosing Zero on every shot. I had those issues with my Scope too better to get good scope and get it from US OR UK. Here in PAKISTAN its hard to get Air Rifle Rated scope. You Can find hardly in 60-65 USD Maximum..

Umair Bhaur
08-09-2012, 07:59 PM
@Junaid86 and Chauhdary

Regards.

Dear 12 Guage,

1st of all you should check the "OPTICAL CENTER" of your scope. When the Optical Centre will be perfect, then take a few target shots and find where your Point of impact is.

It should be horizontally correct and vertically down.

If you can achieve this, then you should shim the rear mount's inside to correct the barrel droop issue.

I can help you to the extent that you can be sure whether your scope is in order or out of order.

12GAUGE
09-09-2012, 03:38 AM
@Birdshooter007 and Junaid86.

Brothers, kindly check your email.

Regards.

12GAUGE
10-09-2012, 08:09 PM
Today I tried to zero the scope at 13 yards (max distance available to me at the moment). This is what the group looked like. It took me a little while to turn both dials to and fro before I could manage to keep the group within a 1 square inch.

kindly take and look. anxiously waiting for opinion, recommendations and advise. I used the top of my car as a bench. placed a few foam cushions there and used them as a rifle rest. I dont know if its advised to shoot this way but the setup was quiet stable and pretty comfortable.

Regards.

Junaid86
10-09-2012, 08:11 PM
Good results!! Specially considering gamo-pro magnum.

Junaid86
11-09-2012, 12:16 AM
now zero the rifle at 25 yards and i think you need to bring the groups 0.5" lower, but try it first at 25 yards with same hold..